Yasuo ult damage: bug or working as intended?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrYukito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2013

I've noticed that it is possible to Stasis/Zhonyas out of Yasuo's Ult damage. Does anyone know if this is working as intended? The way I understand it is that his ult is an extended knockup. As far as I know, you cannot zhonya's a knockup.

Kr1sys

12-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYukito View Post
I've noticed that it is possible to Stasis/Zhonyas out of Yasuo's Ult damage. Does anyone know if this is working as intended? The way I understand it is that his ult is an extended knockup. As far as I know, you cannot zhonya's a knockup.
As I understand it you shouldn't be able to, but there does seem to be a small grace period from when the the first source of cc ends and yasuo can activate his. It is probably possible that you can smash your hourglass enough to activate it just before Yasuo's goes off.

MrYukito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr1sys View Post
As I understand it you shouldn't be able to, but there does seem to be a small grace period from when the the first source of cc ends and yasuo can activate his. It is probably possible that you can smash your hourglass enough to activate it just before Yasuo's goes off.

I wish I had a video to post. The problem is that it isn't in between when he knocks you up and then ults, it's actually as he is ulting you. He knocks you up, dashes to you, does his triple slash animation, then as he knocks you to the ground (the action that applies the damage), you are then able to Zhonyas before hitting. this puts his ult on CD and gives him the armor pen buff, but from what I see, negates the ult damage.

Frustrating when you all in (particularly under tower) only to be met with a lost trade (and possible death) because they zhonya the damage, and when you land the your follow up Q doesn't connect because they are still zhonya'd

if they have any kind of mobility to catch you after this, they will likely kill you.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

12-23-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is a bug that can sometimes occur when one CC replaces another. It should hopefully be fixed for Yasuo's R specifically next patch and all champions by the patch after.

Yormir

12-25-2013

I've managed to also Zhonya's in the middle of a Vi ult.

KiteAzure

12-25-2013

With all these promised bug fixes and small QoL changes, I question is yasuo going to be the next rengar? I mean by that is when rengar was released he had a lot of bugs tied with his kit and some other problems, but after that was cleaned up and he was buffed a small bit, he became the most god tier champion in the game

CT can you be careful of this? I'd hate for yasuo to be permaban or pick and him become a god in game like the old rengar.

I shutter every time I think of rengar's old state, please don't let it happen to yasuo!

øLordSeth

12-25-2013

I like the part where people flash away while they are far away from the ground.

Pro Anïvïa

12-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
This is a bug that can sometimes occur when one CC replaces another. It should hopefully be fixed for Yasuo's R specifically next patch and all champions by the patch after.
It's about time. Ezreals blinking away while cho silenced got old real fast.

Mauu5head

12-27-2013

Actually, I've noticed that when I ult to another champion's knockup (Zac's, Vi's, Malphite's, etc.) and the enemy dies before I'm able to land and do an AA or another ability, I'm not credited with an assist.

EnigmaticBurrito

08-03-2014

Annnnnnd this just won LMQ a critical game vs Dig to secure 1st place. Think XWX got the bug every single time he got Yasuo ulted during the game once he picked up his zhonyas.

12345 ... 10