NO Xp in Practice/Bot Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tokkie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

Does any one know what factors in getting XP/IP from a bot game or not? I'm trying to figure out if there's a limit per day.... it's random or how something about the game play

ChaosXan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

I heard it's 4 games in 24 hours, after that no EXP or IP

Gaeb

12-29-2009

Keep in mind Riot is trying to build a game that appeals to the casual gamer.

You get reduced xp/ip all the way to level 10, then only 4 games per day afterward.

IMO, it's fine, *unless* those games help set your ELO. (Tho on the flipside, if so I intend to build a new smurf account and just lose the first 20 games or so to bots -- my friends are not MOBA players and they don't want my ELO help!)

ZSabre

Adjudicator

12-29-2009

The factors in getting XP/IP from bot games:
Before Summoner lvl 11:
1: The team must have equal sides, bot counts. (1v1, 3v3, etc)
2: The game must last at least 11:00 minutes. (Sucks to get 10:59)

Summoner lvl 11 and on:
1: The same requirements as before Summoner lvl 11.
2: You are limited to 4 games (wins, loses, and even the games that go under 11:00minutes count) within 22 hours of the last game played.
3: You must wait 22 hours after a game is played in order to get your 4 chances to gain Exp/IP again. If you mess up and go too early, you must wait another 22 hours before the 4 limit count is reset.

Side note: the time works the same for the First Win of the Day bonus Exp/IP

Edit: I do not feel that the current system is intuitive nor do I feel that this is casual friendly at the moment. Averaging about 450IP per 22 hours (FWotD + 4 practice games, which is about the best IP you can get in ~2hrs hours of play) it would take:

-14 days to unlock ONE 6k+ IP champion (This is the most ridiculous one, the rest seem okay. Why did they even make a split in Legendaries? Stupidly thought out, well planned for making people pay money.)
-7 days to unlock ONE 3k+ IP champion
-3 days to unlock ONE 1350 IP champion
-1 day to unlock a simple 450 IP champion

Add to that the fact that you'd want to unlock runes:
-49.2 days for a Full T3 Runebook (820IP per rune, minus quintessence) <- Less people with CritDmg
-24.6 days for a Full T3 Runebook (410IP per rune, minus quintessence) <- Average Runebooks.
-12.3 days for a Full T3 Runebook (205IP per rune, minus quintessence) <- these runes usually suck.

Add to those rune facts the cost of Quintessence
-13.6 days for 3x2050ip quint
-6.8 days for 3x1025ip quint
-3.4 days for 3x515ip quint (These are the awful Dmg/lvl, Mana/lvl, +1g/10s quints)

Golux

Adjudicator

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSabre View Post
The factors in getting XP/IP from bot games:
Before lvl 11:
1: The team must have equal sides, bot counts. (1v1, 3v3, etc)
2: The game must last at least 11:00 minutes. (Sucks to get 10:59)

lvl 11 and on:
1: The same requirements as before
2: You are limited to 4 games (wins, loses, and even the games that go under 11:00minutes count) within 22 hours of the last game played.
3: You must wait 22 hours after 4 games (within the 22 hours) is played in order to get your 4 chances to gain Exp/IP again. If you mess up and go too early, you must wait another 22 hours from that game you just did too early (that go you 0 exp/ip).

Side note: the time works the same for the First Win of the Day bonus Exp/IP
Thanks Zsabre, first post I've seen that has really explained things on this rather mysterious functionality.

Some questions:
1) So if we go 1v3 (one human vs. 3 bots) does that mean no XP/IP? I don't see the point of that. Wouldn't it make more sense just to prevent the 3v1?
2) Do all maps count (incl. Twisted Treeline)?
3) Is this business with playing too early causing you to re-wait the entire 22 hours still true? I know that used to be true for First Win of the Day bonus, but I had thought they fixed it. If it is still true, do you know if it's working as intended, or if it's supposed to be fixed at some point? (It sure sounds like a bug.)

ZSabre

Adjudicator

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golux View Post
Thanks Zsabre, first post I've seen that has really explained things on this rather mysterious functionality.

Some questions:
1) So if we go 1v3 (one human vs. 3 bots) does that mean no XP/IP? I don't see the point of that. Wouldn't it make more sense just to prevent the 3v1?
2) Do all maps count (incl. Twisted Treeline)?
3) Is this business with playing too early causing you to re-wait the entire 22 hours still true? I know that used to be true for First Win of the Day bonus, but I had thought they fixed it. If it is still true, do you know if it's working as intended, or if it's supposed to be fixed at some point? (It sure sounds like a bug.)
NP, I figured it out because practice games are the second most efficient way to get Exp/IP. The first way being the First Win of the Day.

1. Its most likely easier for Riot just to make it even games. So, they do it that way.
2. All maps are included. The quickest way to win is a 1v1 on TT against a noob bot.
3. As far as I know, yes. There have been no notices of it changing so I'll leave it at that.

I have also not heard of them changing anything for the FWotD bonus. If they fixed it then you should be able to play 2 back-to-back games approximately around the time their server time rolls over. This means that if you finish a game @ 11:30 and is the FWotD and then finish a game @ 12:30 then you should get the FWotD bonus for the following day. I personally have not tested it because practice games currently follow the system I mentioned. If its fixed then I'd be much happier with this game.

Golux

Adjudicator

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSabre View Post
I have also not heard of them changing anything for the FWotD bonus. If they fixed it then you should be able to play 2 back-to-back games approximately around the time their server time rolls over. This means that if you finish a game @ 11:30 and is the FWotD and then finish a game @ 12:30 then you should get the FWotD bonus for the following day. I personally have not tested it because practice games currently follow the system I mentioned. If its fixed then I'd be much happier with this game.
My understanding (quite possibly wrong) for FWotD was that server time rollover was irrelevant. You got a FWotD, then 22 hours later you were eligible for another.

In the bad old days, if 20 hours after a FWotD you won a game, you started a new 22 hour clock. But now, after the fix (assuming it did happen) you don't start a new clock. Win as many games as you like, but 22 hours after your last FWotD your win would count towards a new FWotD.

But maybe the fix didn't happen and these *are* the bad old days. Can anyone confirm?

Extra Credit Question :P Can anyone confirm practice game XP/IP does (or doesn't) work the same way?

ZSabre

Adjudicator

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golux View Post
My understanding (quite possibly wrong) for FWotD was that server time rollover was irrelevant. You got a FWotD, then 22 hours later you were eligible for another.

In the bad old days, if 20 hours after a FWotD you won a game, you started a new 22 hour clock. But now, after the fix (assuming it did happen) you don't start a new clock. Win as many games as you like, but 22 hours after your last FWotD your win would count towards a new FWotD.

But maybe the fix didn't happen and these *are* the bad old days. Can anyone confirm?

Extra Credit Question :P Can anyone confirm practice game XP/IP does (or doesn't) work the same way?
Ah. Good info. I'm pretty sure practice games still start a new clock after 22 hours. I have not confirmed myself whether the normal games reset. I hope it has been fixed that way. It makes sense to.