Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot - LCS Data - Will lolesports.com show more or will there be a third-party API?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazzatso

12-22-2013

This is more on the technical side of things rather than the competitive. Are there any plans to track and share more stats during Season 4 compared to Season 3? The current website gives viewers a really... lacking variety of stats, and does so in ways that are hard to find meaning in.

Things I'm looking for:

• Stats by Champion
    • Number of Picks
    • Number of Bans
    • Average K/D/A
    • Average CS
    • Average Gold
    • Average Game Length
    • Average Damage Dealt
    • Average Damage Received
    • Average Healing Done
    • Average Towers Destroyed (including assists)
    • Average Inhibitors Destroyed (including assists)
  • Stats by Player
    • Champions picked
    • Average K/D/A
    • Average CS
    • Average Gold
    • Damage Dealt
    • Damage Received
    • Towers Destroyed
    • Inhibitors Destroyed
  • Stats by Team
    • Champions picked
    • Champions banned
    • Average Gold
    • Average Game Length
    • Average Dragons
    • Average Barons
  • Stats by Game
    • The current "by game" stats are pretty good, but could be expanded to also show specifics to the game.
    • Damage dealt by champion/player
    • Damage received by champion/player
    • Towers destroyed (including assists)
    • Inhibitors destroyed (including assists)
    • Number of Dragons
    • Number of Barons
  • An easy way to compare two players in a head-to-head manner
  • An easy way to compare two champions in a head-to-head manner
  • An easy way to compare two teams in a head-to-head manner

There are other options as well, such as "highest K/D/A" or "total gold" or "total damage" but I'm not super interested in those personally. Are there any plans to expand http://lolesports.com to show these options, or is there potential to create a public API to enable third parties to build their own site using data from professional games? There's always potential to do most of these things by hand, but having an automated way to gather all of this data would be a huge deal.

Are there any other stats I've missed that would be really interesting to see?

yobhguod

12-22-2013

I like this, I've had to use other websites to get this info but it would be nice. My major pet peeve is that their streams are bad 720p quality. I'm sure 1080p could be available but they don't have it

Squeekers MooCow

06-22-2014

Wish we had more, yeah!

Vande Kamp

06-23-2014

I am actually in the process of writing a letter to Riot asking for permissions to collect this information. I want to run some regressions with it to see if you can accurately predict the amount of points a player/team earns in Fantasy LCS based on factors like these and others.

I hope Riot will answer this thread!

MSF72

06-23-2014

I actually posted something similar to this, but you went into way more detail in terms of what I covered. Nice job!

aHoooooooooD NFG

09-28-2014

This should not be a permanent solution, especially since the source code for lolesports.com could easily change in the future, but if you data-scrape straight from the source code for the website, you can get some stats for each game; namely, every player's performance in that game:
(1) win/loss
(2) ID of champion played (can look up champion IDs in Riot API under static data)
(3) IDs of items built (can look up item IDs in Riot API under static data)
(4) IDs of summoner spells taken (can look up summoner spell IDs in Riot API under static data)
(5) kills
(6) deaths
(7) assists
(8) total gold
(9) minions killed

Sadly lacking are things like damage received/dealt/healing done/wards placed and game stats like towers, inhibs, barons, dragons, game length, but if you are willing to spend the time to build an engine to parse the game data, you can at least have a partial data set.

With all this in mind, this would be much easier with an API