Not Feeling Platinum. Do You have this problem, Fellow Summoner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sacred Stride

12-21-2013

Hey guys,

As a plat II, I have a confession. According to my stats I played over 1,000 games and currently at Plat II. According to this chart, http://www.lolsummoners.com/stats/rankings, I'm at the top 5% of all league players. The problem ISN'T that I feel I should be higher. I really feel like I don't belong in plat. I still lose my lane around 50% of the time and still end up feeding some games (Though not as bad as when I was silver).

I have a question. Do you other fellow Plats/Diamonds feel like you belong in gold even though the stats say you should be where you currently are?

Dreamzlol

12-21-2013

on my main (yoloswagqtpi) plat 2 also, and there are games that i dont play as well as in others too... but remember this even in top level games this happens also... 50% winrate i wouldnt pay too much attention too cuz remember your playing vs better competition and as long as you can hang in games it means you belong there.

keep your head up and keep playing strong you'll be fine.

anilplundr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2013

i main jungle/top but when i adc....i feel like im in bronze, i play too aggro and forget my support cant read my mind

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

This is a good post. Some people who get to gold or higher can really play one lane or like one champ at that tier.

Whoa There Betsy

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwixter View Post
This is a good post. Some people who get to gold or higher can really play one lane or like one champ at that tier.
How would you know this? Proof?

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoa There Betsy View Post
How would you know this? Proof?
Because I have friends in higher elo that admit they can only go one or two lanes, if they get stuck with another lane they are not that good at all rofl. We all have our best lanes and our weakest lanes. Mine is top, but even though I despise top I can go singed top decently... I can basically go any lane and do fine. People in ranked need to learn all lanes and roles. Esp. jungle.

laxjoh

12-21-2013

Quote:
Because I have friends in higher elo that admit they can only go one or two lanes, if they get stuck with another lane they are not that good at all rofl. We all have our best lanes and our weakest lanes. Mine is top, but even though I despise top I can go singed top decently... I can basically go any lane and do fine. People in ranked need to learn all lanes and roles. Esp. jungle.
This isn't the case for everyone though. THat is the case for the people who specifically specialized. A lot of pro's gave advice about how if you want to rank up as fast as possible, they should practice one to be their primary role and to play one champ majority of the times. This increases your champ knowledge and even against counters out-perform them at times.

However, the type of people you are referring to is the result of these kinds of advice. They are one-trick-ponies. As for the OP, I bet it's not that you don't belong in Plat but rather have come across your skill cap and you have to adjust in order to win games.

I have a friend who got to Diamond only playing TF and another friend who only played Ahri who got to Plat. They can't play other roles so they dodge if others take the role/ban/etc. Some players are just good at everything rather than just one or two champs or just one role. I do have a specialty and weakness in terms of roles myself but I can play all of the roles that exist in the current level of rank where I play. Some can't. IMO it's a weakness to be a one-trick-pony but if it works for you, it works.

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
This isn't the case for everyone though. THat is the case for the people who specifically specialized. A lot of pro's gave advice about how if you want to rank up as fast as possible, they should practice one to be their primary role and to play one champ majority of the times. This increases your champ knowledge and even against counters out-perform them at times.

However, the type of people you are referring to is the result of these kinds of advice. They are one-trick-ponies. As for the OP, I bet it's not that you don't belong in Plat but rather have come across your skill cap and you have to adjust in order to win games.

I have a friend who got to Diamond only playing TF and another friend who only played Ahri who got to Plat. They can't play other roles so they dodge if others take the role/ban/etc. Some players are just good at everything rather than just one or two champs or just one role. I do have a specialty and weakness in terms of roles myself but I can play all of the roles that exist in the current level of rank where I play. Some can't. IMO it's a weakness to be a one-trick-pony but if it works for you, it works.
Ya good explanation. I just feel like being a one trick pony is not very fun nor really a true define of skill.

laxjoh

12-21-2013

Quote:
Ya good explanation. I just feel like being a one trick pony is not very fun nor really a true define of skill.
I wouldn't say that. I mean the guy who got to Diamond as TF is significantly better than me. But I might be better than him on more champions. Even if they are one-trick-ponies, they still have good mechanics and map awareness. Also, they have pretty good game knowledge.

Once in a while, you'll even come across people you can refer to as "Solo Queue Gods" in high tiers. Most of them are great at a lot of roles but some of them can only play one role... but they are so good that they are refered to as Solo queue gods.

ImANoobInLeague

12-21-2013

Quote:
Everyone knows that you press R to win x.x