Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xin Zhao Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amonander

12-25-2010

Hi, I'm fairly new to LoL...but I love the game and am planning to get some serious playing time out of it...I bought Xin Zhao with IP points, and I love him(Even though I mostly lose), but my friend(Lvl. 30) tells me before I should buy any more champions(I'm lvl 22) I should start building a Rune Page. So I decided to save my IP for that.

I like playing melee dps champs, a couple of favorites are Xin Zhao, Pantheon, Olaf, and WW. My question is, what runes can i get that would be solid if I wanted to main Zhao, but also wwanted them to be useful for other Melee DPS champs?

I really appreciate you guys looking at this, so merry christmas!!!!

Carados

12-25-2010

Assuming you aren't jungling.

Red: Armor Pen
Yellow: Dodge
Blue: Mana Regeneration/Level or Flat Cooldown (Flat Cooldown is better on XZ)
Purple: Flat HP.

LyraOrpheo

12-25-2010

the above except I personally prefer Magic Resist blues

VII Syns

12-26-2010

Armor Penetration Marks & Quints (Obvious, I hope)
Mp5/level Seals (This will help you maintain a strong + consistent harass and hyper-aggressive laning, since early game ability spamming sucks)
Flat CDR Glyphs (Obvious)