Is Caitlyn still a good ADC this current Meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
Few issues with this post is that Lucian has superior mobility and an actual escape unlike Sivir and Jinx. Also he's black so he's naturally more athletic and has a higher movement speed.

Now with Jinx, Cait only beats Jinx levels 1-3 really. After that, Jinx begins to out-trade you in almost every skirmish whether it's a short trade or a long duel. Cait does not outrange her all game. In perspective, Jinx can out-range and out poke Cait at level 1 IF she took W. Jinx is a pretty decent counter to Cait actually because unlike Vayne she can actually begin out-trading Cait pretty early on in the game so long as you didn't take free poke to the face lvl 1-3. Jinx isn't overrated. She's actually pretty strong right now. IMO she can snowball and carry harder than Lucian and Sivir. The problem is that she's squishy and has no escape. Sivir doesn't either but that spellshield can be very clutch on top of having the ult buff steroid.

The problem with Jinx is that once she nets a kill, she will begin to snowball pretty hard. If she does kill ONE person of yours in lane, she gets the passive and gets a significant boost to getting a double. She's a snowball machine and has a pretty strong late game as well. There's nothing overrated about that.
this is so wrong i'm not even going to list all the stupid things about it.

laxjoh

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwixter View Post
this is so wrong i'm not even going to list all the stupid things about it.
Go ahead and list the "stupid things" about it. Because all these champs DO out-damage Cait and Jinx has a very good range as well. And again, Cait's dueling power is very weak. One of the weaker dueling ADC's.

I'm curious what you actually KNOW about this game if you can't even get out of Bronze after 500 games.

I also main bot lane. I'm not saying I know everything but I definitely know more than you seeing as how I climbed out of both Silver and Bronze playing ADC or support.

I also have a significantly lower death average than you so obviously I'm doing something better than you are at the role am I not?

E G

12-21-2013

I still like cait, she still does better than most other adcs

laxjoh

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongerated View Post
I still like cait, she still does better than most other adcs
I agree. I originally said Cait is still a good ADC to play. She's still a 2nd tier ADC to play.

But FYI to Qwixter, the only ADC I played was Vayne back in Bronze and I was always laning against Draven or Cait. Also, I used Cait a lot in Silver as well. I know these two champs very well. I also know Cait's weaknesses which happens to be her dueling power. It's why champs like Varus counter her. It's why Jinx counters Cait. And Jinx's range is pretty great too. If you look and analyze all the champs that counter her, they usually have superior trading power. This isn't to say these ADC's are better than her. I'm stating why Cait gets countered by certain champs and to further prove why Jinx counters Cait. The only advantage Cait has over Jinx is her escape which will still trigger Jinx's snare if you use it over the grenades.

Whoa There Betsy

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
Go ahead and list the "stupid things" about it. Because all these champs DO out-damage Cait and Jinx has a very good range as well. And again, Cait's dueling power is very weak. One of the weaker dueling ADC's.

I'm curious what you actually KNOW about this game if you can't even get out of Bronze after 500 games.

I also main bot lane. I'm not saying I know everything but I definitely know more than you seeing as how I climbed out of both Silver and Bronze playing ADC or support.

I also have a significantly lower death average than you so obviously I'm doing something better than you are at the role am I not?
Ohhhhh noooo he didn'ttttttttt

420 CAT

12-21-2013

Pretty sure Caitlyn was stupidly overfkingpowered when she was first released, but I didn't start playing ranked until early May so she's probably been nerfed quite a bit since then. She used to be able to ready her passive by auto-attacking turrets haha.

I've played Caitlyn for almost 600 ranked games in total all the way up to diamond II while maining ADC for as long as I could remember. Even at this level, people will still have trouble against her early game power because of her range. The only way to stay strong as Caitlyn in this meta is to abuse her early game potential, synergize with your support of choice, and to keep up (or ahead) in cs.

For example, I love Thresh. If he lands a hook at level 2 and the enemy ADC does not have cleanse, that's an easy opening for Caitlyn to follow up with Q and several auto attacks (or auto-E-Q combo if you have the mana to spare and no minions are in the way). Usually, if the hook lands on a squishy support like Sona it will result in an easy kill if there is no Exhuast involved. Even if you don't get a kill off of this, they will be severely chunked and have to play back if they choose to stay in lane because a good Caitlyn player will just auto their face if they come in for a last hit on a minion. Maximum zone. It's also nice to remember that if the enemy support is playing someone like Leona and she uses E to engage while Caitlyn uses her E to try and net away, Leona's Xeneth Blade will cancel Caitlyn's 90 Caliber Net & it will go on cooldown. The net will still come out, but the animation to escape will be stopped.

An issue with some Caitlyn players is that they have trouble dodging skillshots, such as Lucian's Q, Jinx's Q/W, & Sivir's Q. If you can't avoid this harass early game, then it's probably better to not play Caitlyn. These champions WILL be able to kill Caitlyn very easily late game (& early game if you can't dodge abilities) and most likely have more teamfight presence so you will need to get an early advantage in order to stay relevant. Don't get culled by Lucian, stay away from Jinx's rockets, and don't put down free traps for Sivir to spell shield unless you're planning on fighting her right after she blows it. Getting outscaled hurts.

BT is 99% of the time better because Caitlyn benefits from the high damage rather than the utility of BotRK.

Late game tanks with stuff like Randuin's Omen, Thornmail, etc will be a pain for all ADC. You can't really do much against these except kite them as best as you can while trying to kill the enemy squishies first before they get yours.

Auto-attacks sometimes come out like that if you cancel at the last second. It will show it hitting, but no damage will be dealt. Just a visual thing.