Moving from bronze to silver.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whoa There Betsy

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwixter View Post
Ok why would you do this in lower elo. plz tell me why if you're going kat mid why would you rush sunfire cape. It's going to get nerfed soon for one. Two you are costing severe dmg. Three an easy cc stops kat. i have no idea why you rush that. why play kat period. she sucks.
Because if you're tanky then they can't kill you as easily. And if they don't try to stop you, you still do damage enough to where your team can clean up. Of course you'd have to be an experienced Kat player to pull this off, but don't say it's stupid unless you've tried it.

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoa There Betsy View Post
Because if you're tanky then they can't kill you as easily. And if they don't try to stop you, you still do damage enough to where your team can clean up. Of course you'd have to be an experienced Kat player to pull this off, but don't say it's stupid unless you've tried it.
It's not worth. I just told you the extra tankiness from sunfire cape isn't worth it. It's better to get GA.

IamCaptainGinyu

12-21-2013

Since it seems like you have played a lot of mid or top recently, I have some advice. I earned the gold badge for season III only because I know a bit about those two roles (Jungle, adc, and support I'm really not that good at).

When you play an assassin mid, your role in teamfights is to either 1) kill a high priority target and hurt another seriously before you die or 2) cleanup after the other team has used their cc and abilities. Different champs fit into those roles differently though.

Fizz for example, I'd usually use 1) above. He can 100 - 0 someone with his combo if he has decent items (and sometimes without them). This requires you to farm well early, and know when to go all in on your lane opponent (usually if their jungler shows in another lane).

Annie, veigar, or other burst champs mid would also use 1) above, but in a different way. They unleash their spells on one target and rely on their team to keep them alive for another cycle of spells (cd's are different for each of these champs). Generally they have an easier time harassing, but at the cost of being even more squishy than someone like fizz.

Kat is usually played mid, and she would use 2) above. To get the most out of kat you need to be able to get resets, which requires you to 1. not die, 2. not get interrupted (if you are ulting), 3. know EXACTLY how much dmg you will do in one combo (so you can get the resets and hop to the next target or hop to safety). As kat, i've found someone else has to initiate fights, even if I am fed.

If you play Kat top (which is a blast, and yes sunfire works well on her there), your job is to get to their ap or adc and make their team use cc on you. That way your other teammates can melt face.

IamCaptainGinyu

12-21-2013

Quote:
It's not worth. I just told you the extra tankiness from sunfire cape isn't worth it. It's better to get GA.
GA does make you harder to kill, but there are problems with GA as tanky kat, especially early in the game. It is SUPER expensive to try to get early and gives you no dmg for all that cash, so you will lose every trade with your lane opponent. Mostly, though, it doesn't give you additional health. Tanky kat needs to survive just like any normal bruiser, and health is the biggest way to make that happen.

Sunfire makes you harder to kill (since ap's don't scale up well until later), it gives you dmg (you have to be that close to them to use your spells anyway), and it helps you split push. This survivability + Kat's low cd's can then become a huge advantage, and she can push her opponent out of lane every 2 minutes (two ult combos) if she wants to.

I will say that tanky kat doesn't always work though. I had a Renekton eat me alive (started with 20-something extra ad), and there are other counters.

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaptainGinyu View Post
GA does make you harder to kill, but there are problems with GA as tanky kat, especially early in the game. It is SUPER expensive to try to get early and gives you no dmg for all that cash, so you will lose every trade with your lane opponent. Mostly, though, it doesn't give you additional health. Tanky kat needs to survive just like any normal bruiser, and health is the biggest way to make that happen.

Sunfire makes you harder to kill (since ap's don't scale up well until later), it gives you dmg (you have to be that close to them to use your spells anyway), and it helps you split push. This survivability + Kat's low cd's can then become a huge advantage, and she can push her opponent out of lane every 2 minutes (two ult combos) if she wants to.

I will say that tanky kat doesn't always work though. I had a Renekton eat me alive (started with 20-something extra ad), and there are other counters.
Oh we are talking about tanky kat. huh lol that sounds weird lol. I've even seen a tanky teemo before tanky kat. I just prefer to not play katarina as she's really hard to pull off efficiently.

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

btw tanky teemo is way better. i've seen it work several times.

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

Quote:

what's the common tanky kat build btw,

IamCaptainGinyu

12-21-2013

Quote:
what's the common tanky kat build btw,
Generally get giant's belt first back -> sunfire. Then it depends on your lane opponent. I like getting hextec revolver to turn into gunblade later, since that lets me sustain in lane like a boss. Definitely get Rylai's 3rd or 4th though, and also make sure to get Zhonyas.

It kind of depends on the team compositions. If they have lots of cc, I have even added a warmogs to the above. If they are tanky but Olaf-ish (no interrupts), then Liandries is a good choice.

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

Quote:
Generally get giant's belt first back -> sunfire. Then it depends on your lane opponent. I like getting hextec revolver to turn into gunblade later, since that lets me sustain in lane like a boss. Definitely get Rylai's 3rd or 4th though, and also make sure to get Zhonyas.

It kind of depends on the team compositions. If they have lots of cc, I have even added a warmogs to the above. If they are tanky but Olaf-ish (no interrupts), then Liandries is a good choice.
See i read forums and that building this way was like season 2. I just feel like if you even have to build this way with katarina it kinda defeats the purpose lol. I just feel like glass cannon kat is more fun but even squishier lol. See I build my Malzahar tanky, imo malzahar would be better than tanky kat since i also get liandry's rylais and hextech revolver, but of course the RoA.