Rank Responsibility

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

Honestly if we matched everybody to their true potential, there should be more bronze players than silvers. There is no way this casual games has more silvers than bronzes.

AsheGetsGanked

12-21-2013

honestly overlapping gold with plats and diamonds and challengers is like overlapping bronzes and gold players. You shouldn't be in the same lump, because the skil level isn't even comparable rofl.

Lucant

12-21-2013

Logically it would seem that bad players have an equal chance of being on the opponents team as often as on your own given a decent amount of games to pull statistics from. So both teams of 5 have equal chances to get trolls/afkers/disconnects/bad players. Thats 5 chances for each side...

Wait, no it isn't. There is one factor you need to consider. That's you. If you make yourself a constant in the equation then your skill will have an influence over time. Are you a good player? Because your opponents still have 5 chances to pull bad players and your team only has 4 chances, you'll MMR will climb. On the flipside if you're a bad player and you being the constant in all your games you'll only have 4 chances of getting a good player where your opponents will have 5 chances. Just remember that the same excuses you can use to blame for your losses can apply to your opponents as well.

Izbiz

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucant View Post
Logically it would seem that bad players have an equal chance of being on the opponents team as often as on your own given a decent amount of games to pull statistics from. So both teams of 5 have equal chances to get trolls/afkers/disconnects/bad players. Thats 5 chances for each side...

Wait, no it isn't. There is one factor you need to consider. That's you. If you make yourself a constant in the equation then your skill will have an influence over time. Are you a good player? Because your opponents still have 5 chances to pull bad players and your team only has 4 chances, you'll MMR will climb. On the flipside if you're a bad player and you being the constant in all your games you'll only have 4 chances of getting a good player where your opponents will have 5 chances. Just remember that the same excuses you can use to blame for your losses can apply to your opponents as well.
Good point. I assume that the person complaining is not toxic him/herself. I shouldn't assume this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhané View Post
You know I wouldn't say Gold and up is top 30% but I would say it is Top 40-50%.
This is statistics. I'm not just guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwixter View Post
I don't agree with this. There was a post that talked about elo hell, and there's some really good points supporting elo hell. You also have to remember that people got lucky with the promotionals and that now in season 4 people can fall back into bronze if their mmr drops to a low bronze mmr.
I cannot argue that people are NOT lucky, I'm just stating that it's statistically improbable assuming that you yourself are not toxic. Therefore, I am claiming that for the majority, your rank properly represents your skill.

I think that many people notice only negative experiences in their play and focus on that. One of my good friends considers himself very unlucky. However, he has a healthy family, a job, etc. He chooses to focus on the unlucky parts of his life and ignore the lucky parts. I forget what this is called, but I think a lot of people suffer from this in LoL.

laxjoh

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izbiz View Post
Good point. I assume that the person complaining is not toxic him/herself. I shouldn't assume this.

This is statistics. I'm not just guessing.

I cannot argue that people are NOT lucky, I'm just stating that it's statistically improbable assuming that you yourself are not toxic. Therefore, I am claiming that for the majority, your rank properly represents your skill.

I think that many people notice only negative experiences in their play and focus on that. One of my good friends considers himself very unlucky. However, he has a healthy family, a job, etc. He chooses to focus on the unlucky parts of his life and ignore the lucky parts. I forget what this is called, but I think a lot of people suffer from this in LoL.
You're describing people who take things for granted and are oblivious to how fortunate they are.

Izbiz

12-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxjoh View Post
You're describing people who take things for granted and are oblivious to how fortunate they are.
There is a phycological term for it, but it doesn't matter. Been 5 years since my phycology class