Fix Surrender Vote

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dakute

12-21-2013

90 percent of the time u can turn a game around. The only time it's really hopeless in my opinion is when someone on the enemy team is so far ahead that he can 3v1 any 3 from ur team and still win. Then it's time to surrender lol. The only thing i do agree with is fixing the fact that some ppl don't even vote. It's annoying as hell. The timer someone has to vote is way too long

iluvalar

12-21-2013

So many logical problems with that starting post.

First and foremost, it only require 4 out of 10 player to stop the game. It's already a minority. Secondly, if you are "losing" during 30-40 minutes like you pretend you do, you actualy lose because you gave up. If REALLY you are in a situation where your winning chances are under 20% or so, the enemy team dont take time to snowball and collapse the game in less then 5 minutes. Even in that case, I'll vote no. I'm more then happy to let my opponents (the majority) fully enjoy their noob stomp.

Next, you are assuming that a losing game in unenjoyable, but surprise ! It's still a game. I still gain level, I still gain power and despite I might not beat my opponents, I can still prove myself that I'm better then the remaining of my feeding teamates that put me in that situation. Sure the game will say "defeat" and sure I'll win less IP but if I can reach the top 3 damage dealer of the game, if I can feed less then any of my teamates, I'll consider that I won that particular game. I will enjoy every minutes I can make my opponents work for their victory. Really.

Finaly, lost games near the end are THE perfect spot to learn how to survive those outnumbered situations. Once you'll get rid of that loser mentality, not only you will lose less (just from mental state) but you will start to learn from those end games. How to not feed, how to still be relevant in 3v2, 2v1 and how you can manage to comeback.

Ballzofire

12-21-2013

Imho remove the surrender option. Then the people who want too quit will get banned for afk, and the rest of us can continue to try winning. EVERY game is winnable. Even if the vayne is 90-0 Focus fire can still kill her faster than she can react. There is only one real time to surrender. Thats when the support on the enemy team is at full build. When your team is still sitting on half or less of their final build choice. Because if the support is finished with items. Their entire team is. Otherwise play it out and QQ less. Its all experience that you need to progress in the game.

Now if your talking tt. Then the surrender vote should still exist. That mode snowballs hard with little to no chance of recovery.

PCPXTC

12-21-2013

And this will ruin any good game from ever happening... Honestly the best games are the hardest ones to win.. Not the get fed and KO one shot everything.. People really do give up to easy Ive had a surrender vote go through down 5 kills only our first 3 towers down .. GG?? I'd be more happy with no surrender vote but I know that wont happen!

Hinro Honato

12-21-2013

why surrender? go for a comeback. worst case you get more ip due to time. best case you win.

krobar94

12-21-2013

I remember one time where two friends and I were playing a game and all three of us decided to surrender. Two of the team, the randoms, didn't and we weren't exactly happy about. Long story short, the game went 55 minutes and we ended up with a grand comeback. I was 0/4/0 and ended up at 10/6/18 on Lee Sin. They got so careless half way through the game and we capitalized on every mistake. Needless to say, I find myself surrendering a lot less now. Making it to a 3 requirement would stop us from that, so I disagree with changing it.