Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Macbook Case-Sensitive File

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oitsjonathan

12-18-2013

So I tried to download League of Legends on my Macbook, but a file comes up saying that the local file system is case sensitive, and I need a non-case sensitive file. And I tried downloading it again multiple times. Is this gonna be fixed soon, or is there any way I can fix it now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreakinUnoriginl

12-20-2013

This is Riot's support page on the issue: link (https://support.leagueoflegends.com/entries/21780969-Mac-Game-will-not-install)

Basically, it says you need to install the game on a non-case-sensitive partition. You could try installing it to an external hard drive or SD card, or partition your MacBook's internal drive.

If your local filesystem is not actually case-sensitive, though, then you should file a support ticket in addition to watching this thread.