Vote Kick / Vote Mute

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DallasDank

12-28-2009

I think they should have a vote kick button where people could votekick people or Mute someone.

Just had a game with a bot and he died 23 times. 0 Kills.

We still won, but I was nerd ragin pretty hardcore.

I suggest like a /votekick and you select the player or like /votekick ______ and requires the entire teams work.

Kaliformula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2010

with a bot? okay stop running practice games. how is this in the hud anyways?

private

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasDank View Post
I think they should have a vote kick button where people could votekick people or Mute someone.

Just had a game with a bot and he died 23 times. 0 Kills.

We still won, but I was nerd ragin pretty hardcore.

I suggest like a /votekick and you select the player or like /votekick ______ and requires the entire teams work.
a /votekick wouldnt work because even 4v5 you would rarely win. What needs to happen are some changes to the /surrender system, or maybe it ends games if it detects a feeder or an AFKer

Theatrum

01-05-2010

no /vote kick but I'm all for a /vote mute.

NoOtherDestiny

01-05-2010

I don't see the point to vote kick. In HoN which is a similar game to LoL, there is vote kick but it is only really used to boot people who won't concede (surrender) as HoN requires the whole team to and there are always the idiots who think "we can still win, we lost everything but shrine, they have all towers and 10 levels up on us, but we can still win!". Other then that legit use, it gets abused to kick people who suck or afk or whatever, hell if you have a 4 man premade, they'll try to kick you just before your team wins or loses causing you to get no reward and a leaver stat.

In LoL with the way it handles leavers, I don't see vote kick working, or really doing much. While you can still win games 4v5 depending on your ELO and who your playing against, it could still lead to a lot of griefing and I don't see it having a legit purpose. Kicking someone who feeds is not a legit purpose, it just makes them hate the game/players as no one teaches them not to feed.

I don't see the point to mute either, since it is all text, you can easily ignore it, unlike HoN which actually has a built in voice system *cough* get your act together LoL *cough* where people can spam **** and the mute function doesn't work too well.

Lord Roo

02-06-2010

I would like a votekick or kick afk or something because I hate playing out a game with an afk and then winning and they get xp and ip for it.

KIlotonne

02-28-2010

I agree with the need for a vote to kick and an in match ignore command also. Was just playing a game with Jamesdc and "he" did not move the whole game and got exp and ip for doing nothing more then click the sword icon in the lobby. now that bugs me for 3 main reasons.

1. It seems that afk is the encouraged action to leaving for there is no penalty for being afk, and leaves are recorded
2. The "player" is not playing, trying, interacting, or learning in any way shape or form.
3. This is the lamest form of farming known as leeching, the player just needs to have a "program" select the battle button , then the game and team he is assigned to takes care of the rest all with out any worries or repercussions.

Now all that needs to happen is duplicate the surrender system and change it to kick instead of surrender, add a textbox after clicking the kick button where you fill in the name of summoner, you still need majority to succeed.

The down side to the kick to vote system is that the occasional player who is not up to a groups standards gets removed from a few games. to get around this make a requirement that the player must be under level 8 to be eligible to kick.

As for the in game voice chat, if it gets implemented they better have an option to turn it off cause I cant stand the ingame chat box. I think i would just remove game from HD.

Lord Mathrotus

03-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIlotonne View Post
to get around this make a requirement that the player must be under level 8 to be eligible to kick.
-1 because of this.

Nah I think the best solution is to change the anti afk system.

First off, kicking player if they dont move for 5 minutes is dumb. I'm not saying to remove this but instead to add more conditions to being kicked. They should make it also kick someone if they stay in the fountain area for 3-4 minutes. Nobody needs to stay that long in fountain area. And last, they should make people who dont participate in any fight (be it simply farming a lane) for 10 minutes be kicked.

On a side note, its funny how everyone who agrees with votekick is a junior member. Get some experience geez. I rarely see anyone go afk since ive reached higher elo.

Mazurati

03-04-2010

I thought you could already /mute PLAYER NAME in game?

Pissfer

03-04-2010

It's possible it was implemented since then, although I don't know (recognize that the OP was on January 5th). However, I may be wrong, and maybe mute has always been around and the OP was just being a newb.