Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

17/12/2013 - PBE changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reikken

12-18-2013

Quote:
Northpaw:
Would anybody here with PBE access mind upvoting this for me? They disabled all non SR ranked queues.

welp.
I just got a PBE account too, and can't use it.
and I fully expect to it to get deactivated once they no longer need masses of people in ranked
dunno why they'd try to recruit me to play ranked when I literally haven't played a SR ranked game since S1 (or I might have played like 4 games in S2. either way my all time grand total of ranked SR is less than 20). I guess they turned off all the filters and just approved everyone

edit: or I guess I can use this account if we coordinate some custom games. if anyone wants to do some testing let me know.

PHoToS999

12-18-2013

Quote:
Reikken:
welp.
I just got a PBE account too, and can't use it.
and I fully expect to it to get deactivated once they no longer need masses of people in ranked
dunno why they'd try to recruit me to play ranked when I literally haven't played a SR ranked game since S1 (or I might have played like 4 games in S2. either way my all time grand total of ranked SR is less than 20). I guess they turned off all the filters and just approved everyone

edit: or I guess I can use this account if we coordinate some custom games. if anyone wants to do some testing let me know.

So long as you're active in the pbe forums and giving good feedback, it's unlikely that they'll scrub you. I was invited for testing O4A, and I've been active and posting bugs and giving feedback since then. Since I'm still in the PBE, I'd say they aren't going to scrub me any time soon.

Quote:
Northpaw:
Would anybody here with PBE access mind upvoting this for me? They disabled all non SR ranked queues. The only way to test the changes right now is in custom games, and it's pretty stupid that we should have to jump through hoops to test their changes.

http://community.pbe.leagueoflegends.com/c/gameplay/1l69nlAv-2014-season-start-pbe-test?comment=0005

Something I really like about the pbe forums is that the rioters there are way more responsive there than they are in these forums. That being said, with the extremely small population actually posting on the forums, it's not quite so difficult either.

Reikken

12-18-2013

Quote:
PHoToS999:
So long as you're active in the pbe forums and giving good feedback, it's unlikely that they'll scrub you. I was invited for testing O4A, and I've been active and posting bugs and giving feedback since then. Since I'm still in the PBE, I'd say they aren't going to scrub me any time soon.

oh ok.
but on the other hand, being active between now and then would require me to play SR
unless we get some custom games going

Redeemed In Fire

12-18-2013

IIRC today's PBE patch added some crit to LVD's pillager and some AD to hatchet.

Still don't know what Manwolf was thinking with the bonus AD scaling on hatchet or the fact that its not even still an item you'd want to pick up for the stats.

PHoToS999

12-18-2013

Quote:
Reikken:
oh ok.
but on the other hand, being active between now and then would require me to play SR
unless we get some custom games going

So long as we can set up a dominion PBE date, I'd absolutely love to.

However, I've been enjoying myself massively on SR. Warwick, my favorite jungler, has been made OP in my eyes by the recent Spirit Stone passive. It's been straight up murder on the rift.

Not to mention you get massive amounts of RP and IP to get your account set up with runes and champs. It's addicting, man, I tell ya.

Northpaw

12-19-2013

Quote:
RCIX:
IIRC today's PBE patch added some crit to LVD's pillager and some AD to hatchet.

Still don't know what Manwolf was thinking with the bonus AD scaling on hatchet or the fact that its not even still an item you'd want to pick up for the stats.

I'll need to test it to really see how it is, but I think it has huge potential. It's still a really expensive item but having the improved build path matters a lot. It's like how I used to take Frozen Mallet a lot on ranged AD for survivability when it still built out of Phage, but except for certain bot lane matchups, I wouldn't dream of it anymore because the build path is so bad. If it isn't good right now, it could easily be made good by giving it the Entropy/Sanguine Blade treatment, lowering damage and gold cost.

Kaiseresc

12-19-2013

I have a PBE account, it's deactivated, I've applied twice, no reply.
sigh