Can you transfer Riot Points?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DdikD

04-13-2012

Hello, new player here, just wondering if it's possible to transfer Riot Points. Did a quick search on forum but was fruitless. so...

1. If I have some RP on my account already, can I give/transfer it to a friend?

2. If I buy a pre-paid game card from bestbuy or toysrus, is the value redeemed all at once? E.g. if I buy a $25 card, can I redeem $5 for myself, $10 on my friend's acct, and $10 on my cousin's acct?

Thanks in advance.

TwistWrist

04-13-2012

1. No.

2. Dunno but I would think it would be at once since it only takes the code.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-13-2012

1) No; not only is there not any current means of doing so, there will never be. (That isn't to say there will never be a way to purchase RP for another account, but it will still require your CC information just like buying RP for your account.)

2) It is all at once; the moment the code goes through, all of the RP that is associated with that code is given to your account.

Dera Mochimazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2012

I don't know who downvoted Panzerfaust but I'm just going to upvote him back to +0. No reason to downvote the truth.

The reason it will never be enabled is that having it disabled prevents a lot of problems. For example, hacking someones account is pretty much useless. All a hacker can do is harm people through long games, or spending the ip/rp. They can't benefit themselves by transfering the rp to their account.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

04-13-2012

Allowing the transfer of RP would also mean Riot couldn't give out free RP (including the RP they gave everyone upon hitting level 3, or the Naughty/Nice promotion if you were already a higher level this past Christmas season). Since they've already granted free RP to players, allowing the transfer of RP would just incentivize to create alt accounts to get that RP to send to their main. There's also more to it than this (such as making hacking more rewarding as mentioned above), but this reason alone is enough to realize why it will never happen.

If you want to gift someone RP, you can give them the code for an RP card; voila, you have gifted them RP.

DdikD

04-13-2012

*sigh that's too bad but understandable. And thanks for the quick replies guys!

MeltedWater

04-14-2012

Why not just use a credit card, and buy RP on all 3 of your accounts? If you don't have a credit card, you can buy a pre-paid credit card at the store.*

*Disclaimer: In your example specifically, that's a bad idea. Pre-paid cards usually have about a $5 fee, so a $25 card is $30. With that you could instead buy 3 $10 cards, so you would get more RP than from the pre-paid card.**

**Disclaimer disclaimer: I don't know if that's acctually true, because RP cards might give you more RP than buying RP with a credit card. :P But you get the picture...just throwing out more options.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-19-2012

Please do not believe the above, especially since you need to 'download' the codes. Obvious malware is obvious.