A Wierd Situation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuntherPenguins

07-18-2012

This is gonna sound a bit Wierd but....

Ok so whenever I play League of Legends, my mom doesn't like it,
She feels anything to do with the god**** computers is not necessary,
So it makes things difficult for me as I play League of Legends.
Whenever I play LoL, she likes to turn the Internet off.

This is why as a beginner I already have about 4-5 moments where I have disconnected from a game.

Now here's the question-
Can I somehow get some kind of thing where some disconnects will be excused?

Reply A.S.A.P

Sara Leah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-18-2012

play only custom games where you are the only live player. otherwise dc/leaves will be counted against you no exceptions other than server side.

since you know your mom will dc you when you play its your fault for playing and getting a dc with people.

Best Luck Always =)

Quote:
Panzerfaust .... 4) 'Kill stealing' is only something inexperienced players (or selfish players) worry about. It's the same as the player who only plays a single role then gets mad when they don't have a tank or support.
This is a team game, Teamwork wins games. 1 v 5 not so much.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-18-2012

No, you cannot be excused because you're playing a game you know your mother dislikes. Leaving is leaving, and that's it.

Instead of trying to play through a crappy situation and bring other people down, you need to find a way to deal with your situation. This may mean that you simply cannot play multiplayer games, or it may mean you simply need to actually talk with your mom about the issue. Since I'm not privy to anything more than what you told us, unfortunately I can't offer any useful advice, but well, I don't have any more information.

MetaMythril

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
it may mean you simply need to actually talk with your mom about the issue.
There isn't much you can do if your parent is against it. The only way I see is that you offer something in exchange for uninterrupted game time (do some chores, help out with something, get good grades in school, etc). If she is so against computers, then how do you even have one? She had to compromise somewhere for you to have access to them. Find out why she allowed you to have a computer in the first place and see what you can do to keep her happy when you're playing games.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-19-2012

There are plenty of things you can do when a parent is against the issue. The problem is that most children don't want to do anything that inconveniences them. Be it extra help or merely spending less time on the computer (or doing their homework), they want things that they like, and don't want things they don't.

The main thing though, is to _talk_ with your parents. And I don't mean yell and scream, I mean literally sit down and talk, and try to be mature about it. If you think you actually need counseling so that a third party can mitigate, then that's something you might suggest. I'm not saying that your house would explode without it, but sometimes you need to be proactive to get the results you want. It doesn't even need to be an actual counselor, but your dad or a friend of the family who is appropriate.

Again though, it's impossible for us to give specifics, not because there's not much you can do, but because we don't know anything about the situation.