Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trinket Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillazInc

12-17-2013

I have a suggestion about the ward trinket... idk if anyone suggested this before but i was thinking about the late game and your build is full you basically have no room to purchase wards and seeing as map vision has now become a team effort, the only way you can get a ward at end game is by relying on your greater stealth/vision totem and thats if you actually upgraded it... my suggestion is this;

1. rename the current "Warding Totem" to "Warding Seed". the properties remain the same as the current "Warding Totem".

2. rename the current "Greater Totem" to "Warding Totem". the properties remain the same as the current "Greater Totem".

3. rename the current "Greater Stealth/Vision Totem" to "Totem of Stealth/Vision". The properties remain the same as the current "Greater Stealth/Vision Totem".

4. Introduce a new "Greater Stealth/Vision Totem" which now has a maximum of three charges(no cooldown) and consumes one charge to place a "Stealth/Vision" ward. charges can be repurchased at the item shop. This item can only be purchased if the champion is level 18.

My goal here is to allow all champions to be able to have a full build of their persona and play style and allow them to still be able to contribute to the vision game. the prerequisite of the champion being level 18 prevents champions namely supports from being able to overstock wards at the earlier stages of the game and to be able to have the option of selling their sightstone/ruby sightstone and buying another item that suits them.

Let me know what you guys think or ways that you see we can improve on this

CrimsonAlkemist

12-17-2013

This is a pretty cool idea, it would have to be tested to see if doesn't make it too easy to ward for the whole team. Don't forget that sight-stone is already doing that AND is also giving nice health stats!

Aren't more concerned that we now have only 8 seconds per minute to scan the darn teemo mushrooms all over the map? That is, IF somebody was bright enough to buy the red trinket sigh...

KillazInc

12-17-2013

i agree the sightstone is doing that... but ur not gonna see a carry buying a sightstone late game... and the team cant rely on the support alone for wards... when item slots start getting full no ones gonna sell items to buy a ward... thats the basis of the suggestion... it wasnt meant to move supports into a specific genre but to allow the rest of the team to be able to maximize warding

BaronVonSlicey

12-17-2013

The problem is, this won't be used until people are full build, and have nothing to spend money on except for wards. This also means your team will reach a point where you have 9-12 wards permanently out on the field, and the enemy team simply cannot remove that.
It also means that Totem trinket is much more valuable then the other Trinkets - they do not have a super-upgrade like this, nor would they be able to. Giving Sweeper a super short cooldown, or a permanent Oracles effect for a super-upgrade would basically be a return to Season 3, except with more vision spam.
While its a good suggestion... I don't think it would work.