Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Team comps are lacking

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ragsalot

12-17-2013

It should be common knowledge to League players nowadays, but tanks and cc are an essential part of any team comp. That being said, why do kiddies seem to ALWAYS pick some of THE squishiest team comps all around, and wonder why they never win? Let's put a few examples, in the hope that MAYBE it'll sink in.
Blue team: Teemo mid, Khazix top, Yi jungle, Annie support, Ez ad carry
Purple team: Gragas mid, Renekton top, Jarvan jungle, Leona support, Caitlyn ad carry.

If the layout of these team comps doesn't immediately strike you as both stupid and unbalanced, let's put it into layman's terms:
Blue team: 5'2" middle school kid (120 lbs) mid, 5'0" 12 year old girl (90 lbs) top, kid with palsy jungling (100 lbs, has leg braces), and two 5 year olds bottom, bickering about who gets to play with the green power ranger.
Purple team: Shaq mid, Kimbo Slice top, Jackie Chan jungling, Hulk Hogan + Macho Man Randy Savage bot.

Who the **** do you think is gonna win that game? Just like the analogy with the real-world match up, you're gonna get your buutthole pounded harder than Justin Beiber in lock-up. Zero survivability, and ONE form of cc, on a 2-minute cooldown. Unless the people behind the keyboard of the purple team have downs syndrome, you're going to lose that game 100% of the time.

And don't be that useless turd 4th pick player who picks the 4th squishy champ in a row, then yells @ the 5th player like 'WTF WE SAID WE NEEDED TANKS, THAT'S WHY I PICKED TEEMO"... Don't be that guy.

Survivability in combination with crowd control will out-do almost any amount of damage your opponents can throw at you, and you'll laugh your way to an easy win. Please start having at least 2 tanky members on your teams.

TL;DR- Kids need to stop playing teams with 5 squishy, no-cc champs. If you can't figure out why, go back to your coloring books, your mom needs another picture to put on her fridge.

xDingwithsalad

12-17-2013

Kids?

Ragsalot

12-17-2013

Yessir, kids.

xDingwithsalad

12-17-2013

How do you know that children are playing the game?

Ragsalot

12-17-2013

I'll take this little troll journey with you, as we so often do in this game, rather than pay attention to anything that's said or give it any actual thought.

Nah, i'm bored. You have fun on your journey sir. Be sure to throw the ring into the mountain, don't let Gollum take it.

LEGENDofGAMERR

Recruiter

12-17-2013

No one tries to fill the team comp .. Everyone is picking some considerd "OP" champs and that's all 5ads in one team , 5aps .. No team comp at all ..

cartwheelnurd

12-17-2013

Lucky for me most of my favorite champions are tanky

Ragsalot

12-17-2013

Likewise, but I've started to top lately. Meanwhile, my other 4 feather-weight teammates just get their butts handed to them and can't figure out why. It's unimaginably frustrating seeing it time after time.

laxjoh

12-17-2013

You see; this is where the difference comes in between players like you and players that are better.

Skill wins games. Even if your team has 0 CC or 0 tanks, you can still win game. No team comp or champion counters can overcome superior mechanics and skills.

Although I agree, we do need tanks and CC. However, if we don't then I wouldn't mind going just a pure poke comp.

Ragsalot

12-17-2013

Quote:
laxjoh:
You see; this is where the difference comes in between players like you and players that are better.

**** yourself. You can't directly insult and then later be like 'oh ya, but you're right...'

With that said, I'm speaking from my own bracket; in silver, we're not the creme de la crop. Skill always trumps comp, but skill is in short supply in silver. When I'm getting turds who have the balls to beg for adc and then go ez and are 0-9 by 12 minutes in, a tanky support is the only chance in hell we have to ever turn that trainwreck around later during teamfights. Survivability serves just one purpose; to keep the champ alive long enough to have a beneficial contribution in combat situations. Now, whether that survivability is a substitution for skill, or simply a smart build by a skilled player, is a whole other matter. In the absence of that survivability, most players in the lower divisions are simply overtaken and die frequently, especially later in the game when they're facing an enemy team who has the tankiness to engage in teamfights under turrets and still walk away with 5 kills to the squishy team's 1.

If I was in a position to get teammates with IQ's above 12, I would ABSOLUTELY advocate going high-damage > high-tankiness, but such is not the case.