Breaking News: Morello Confirmed Retiring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OAC

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Will definitely rest in peace in peace!
Um hi, im just curious, what were you thinking when you made QQS and Merc Scimitar remove zed's ult? Did u think zed players are not disgusted enough by Zhonyas? Are we supposed to ult tanks now? Wait tanks can get guardian Angel! Supports? Naw they have exhaust and all shield/heal for about 500 hp late game. I've personally saw Merc Scimitar on Ez once, and he held on to the active after thresh landing Q, E, R, exhaust, so plz don't start telling people to "force them to use the active first".

LtSmashFSP

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Stockings View Post
No offense, but did you watch Bjergerking's most recent performance in BotA? He showed pretty clearly that assassins still have a place, they just aren't mandatory anymore.
Actually his Zed game was kind of eh in my opinion. I am not saying they are worthless. I am saying they are the most nerfed class and that I am wondering why it is so. Back when Kha was hot assassins weren't mandatory. Only NickWu really played Zed in NA for the longest time. Just because the meta shifts it doesn't mean they all needed nerfs. I am not saying they are all unvaible. I am just saying the counterplay was there just not utilized. LB was changed recently the only one to not be nerfed. I am just saying besides Leblanc I have never seen an assassin get buffed and was wondering what the Riot goal was for them. Vision saturation made it easy for them to do their job. This season has measures to balance that out.

KevinDelMarr

12-16-2013

Quote:
I think the scaling and itemization for traditional supports is a bit weak and myopic.
Don't forget junglers, the gold passives on the Jungle items could be made a bit better

How about adding Jungle Monster streaks, every monster killed in succession after a few grants bonus gold, reset upon killing a lane minion

Hydoid

12-16-2013

Quote:
I'm happy with vision, I like the support changes direction, but more work to be done on gold and tuning.

Overall, the issue I think remains is tuning and balance, and gold items themselves. Wriggle's needs a bit of work. I like it overall because it gets us closer to a world that's a better game at a cost of temporary disruption.
You are happy with the way Vision Ward works and the removal of Oracles? ...Guess you going to main teemo.

Bad Timberlands

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmashFSP View Post
Actually his Zed game was kind of eh in my opinion. I am not saying they are worthless. I am saying they are the most nerfed class and that I am wondering why it is so. Back when Kha was hot assassins weren't mandatory. Only NickWu really played Zed in NA for the longest time. Just because the meta shifts it doesn't mean they all needed nerfs. I am not saying they are all unvaible. I am just saying the counterplay was there just not utilized. LB was changed recently the only one to not be nerfed. I am just saying besides Leblanc I have never seen an assassin get buffed and was wondering what the Riot goal was for them. Vision saturation made it easy for them to do their job. This season has measures to balance that out.
I think his Zed game was actually a perfect example of the viability of assassins. He got shut down early, and still managed to be extremely relevant throughout the game. Now, don't get me wrong TSM was in pretty epic form during those two games, to the point where they probably still could have won even with me playing mid, but I think assassins are for the most part in a pretty damn good spot. People are just too used to them autowinning lanes through all of season 3.

420AntiMage

12-16-2013

Yo Morello. We need more anti-mage champions.

BanVaynePlease

12-16-2013

Quote:
I think the scaling and itemization for traditional supports is a bit weak and myopic.
code for nerf reversion

BanVaynePlease

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420AntiMage View Post
Yo Morello. We need more anti-mage champions.
morello what are you views on magic.

magic sucks.

alaskaneagle

12-16-2013

Quote:
I'm happy with vision, I like the support changes direction, but more work to be done on gold and tuning.

Overall, the issue I think remains is tuning and balance, and gold items themselves. Wriggle's needs a bit of work. I like it overall because it gets us closer to a world that's a better game at a cost of temporary disruption.

yea.. little bit. It's practically reportable to use it right now it's so bad and so well know to be bad. It's an interesting item and I'll look forward to seeing it on par with the other items. Feels a bit like I have no choice of what to start in the jung. feels confining.

Quote:
Glad you noticed. been missing my normal supports though my off supports are doing great.

LtSmashFSP

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Timberlands View Post
I think his Zed game was actually a perfect example of the viability of assassins. He got shut down early, and still managed to be extremely relevant throughout the game. Now, don't get me wrong TSM was in pretty epic form during those two games, to the point where they probably still could have won even with me playing mid, but I think assassins are for the most part in a pretty damn good spot. People are just too used to them autowinning lanes through all of season 3.
I have never played a game where I felt that the assassin I was going against won because he was just an auto win. I guess thats the big differnce though. Whenever I lane against an assassin I actually keep in mind its job is to kill me and play differntly. I thought you were implying he stomped that game and I felt that he played rather sloppy or rather they all did game two. I just don't like that a class only ever seems to get nerfed. I am just trying to figure out the direction Riot wants to go with the class as a whole because what would be the point of making any new assassins if they are just gonna get nerfbattted? Again I consider them viable I just am trying to figure out if the class is ever going to be allowed to do it's job effectively without all of them getting nerfed. Honestly I feel that assassins became so hot because of vision saturation in season 3 and their ability to punish mispositon that could be seen due to the aformentioned vision. Now at most you will have 20 wards on the map but realistically it will never be that great and you will have around 7 because of item slots so they wont be able to just know when to kill as often. I just don't want them getting blanket nerfed again if they become popular again.