Breaking News: Morello Confirmed Retiring

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForumAccount23

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'm happy with vision, I like the support changes direction, but more work to be done on gold and tuning.

Overall, the issue I think remains is tuning and balance, and gold items themselves. Wriggle's needs a bit of work. I like it overall because it gets us closer to a world that's a better game at a cost of temporary disruption.

One thing I am disappointed with league, is how the lanes are the same every game of sumnmoners rift. In other MobAs, the laning phase is always exciting and a mystery, trying to figure out the setup.

In league, its top, mid, duo bot, jungle. Every game, every time. No exceptions, unless a team had communication problems. This is an issue and I think it stems from the fact that jungle is pretty much forced.

Also not being able to pull creep monsters makes trilane much more difficult, which limits things. And having the dragon camp as it is, you want your duo close by it..... Soo we get this same stale laning phase, but with different champion possibilities.

DBP LotParker

12-16-2013

Quote:
I think the scaling and itemization for traditional supports is a bit weak and myopic.
upvote for being a classy man in the face of criticism, Morello.
Also, I like the general direction of the changes. I like that carries are more versatile now, with jungle/support having better xp/gold income. Keep up the good work, I look forward to future changes!

Hellioning

12-16-2013

Quote:
I think the scaling and itemization for traditional supports is a bit weak and myopic.
Have you considered just removing the 'support' role and making them all tanks/mages? I don't think it's possible to have utility ratios comparable to damage ratios unless the utility ratios are completely overpowering; why would I want slightly more movement speed when I could make the enemy significantly more dead with the same items as Annie?

Arcane Ezreal

12-16-2013

@Morello: Another question, what do you want for christmas, also how do you feel about Mundo and tops who are dominating, was the SV nerf directed at them?

Linna Excel

12-16-2013

Quote:
It's always been like that. At least now it isn't just wards.

Captain Abarai

12-16-2013

Morello you're a fine person I am sure. Some people just don't see the same way others do and feel they have the need to vocalize that. Loudly, excessively. Don't let it bother you too much (: I think the changes to S4 are great (Shhhhh Kha Jungle). And you've been doing a fine job IMO

Akava

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2013

Quote:
That's pleasant news I didn't expect. I feel mages are providing more early game opportunity that leads into snowballing ADCs than traditional supports at the moment and that's a problem.

More importantly, is anyone actively fixing Akali? If she got the love and attention Kassadin is getting she could have been fun to play, balanced and non-toxic. Instead she's just weak due to a power curve that doesn't work well in this snowball environment.

Arcane Ezreal

12-16-2013

I have so many questions What do you plan to do with Atma's Impaler, we all know it's kinda weak.

XSwagSwagYoloX

12-16-2013

Quote:
Any chance of addressing the spells themselves?
For example, Janna's Q has a really counterproductive ramp up time. You either charge it up with copious amounts of AP for similar results as before (3 sec cast + travel time) or you rush it out for significantly less impact.
It completely goes against the idea that was originally meant for supports, which was supposedly going to allow them to hit things more, CC harder, and generally amplify their supporting potential.

Silver here so I dunno the details of course, but that's how it seems from here.

Aerophobia

12-16-2013

Quote:
buffs for alistar? changes? anything?
he got nothing from the support rework and has been pretty nerfed down for awhile now.

Also, to be quite honest this is also the worst time to play league in the history of the game in my opinion as well (ive been around since season 1).
Something i havent seen said but what i think is true is that games seem to be lasting about 10 minutes longer than they used to on average.

12345678 ... 12