Breaking News: Morello Confirmed Retiring

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2013

Hey Morello, keep up the FANTASTIC work you and your team is doing. To everyone at riot, great job making such a successful game for people to enjoy playing!

~Katasumai

Flame of Udun

12-17-2013

Yo Morello, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish but Hendrix is the best guitarist of all time…one of the best guitarist of all time!

tempname129c

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Timberlands View Post
No offense, but if you really think that mana seriously keeps casual players from picking up this game...

you have no idea what you're talking about. I have never seen a moba that has mana costs as insignificant as in League.
I'm referring to a very specific subset of champions like : Anivia, Maokai, Swain, etc.. And I'm not saying that mana champions ALONE is keeping anyone away from this game. I'm talking about the big picture as a whole.

Super Explosion

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempname129c View Post
I'm referring to a very specific subset of champions like : Anivia, Maokai, Swain, etc.. And I'm not saying that mana champions ALONE is keeping anyone away from this game. I'm talking about the big picture as a whole.
Mana? Oh no.

But inability to play certain archetypes to their fullest? Maybe.

Restrictive earlygame? Quite possibly.

Repetitious lane experience? There may be something.

It's a very good game, but I can sort of place the 'jump the shark' period right around the beginning of season two.

For some reason they moved a lot of designers around then, replacing or dampening a ton of their core competencies.

Raptoreyes

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think the scaling and itemization for traditional supports is a bit weak and myopic.
Weak I can understand having played a lot of support this season. Myopic however might require a bit more explanation as nobody on GD has any idea what you mean when you call Support items Myopic. What are support items overly focused on? AP? Defense? Reactive active item skills? Passive stats? What elements of support items to your mind make support items Myopic?

I ask being a big fan of support items this season since last season "Support items" meant nothing more then more wards at all costs,if you wanted to win. This season the money items seem really good (except for Spell Theif's Edge, Frostfang,(gold generation mechanic weakest of the three is weak for most champs) and Frostqueens (active effect too short). The other two gold starters are excellent.

I can offer some feedback however having played lots of support this season (now that its fun for the first time). Perhaps to redo support spell costs so chalice of harmony does not feel like a MUST BUY, if you want an action filled lane where your really pushing your cooldowns to the limit.

The yellow gold per 5 runes could use a rework as the gold output they provide is less then the gold cost of stats like armor per level/flats and worse even then yellow rune regeneration per level. The gold per 5 quints are good why can't we carefully buff the gold per 5 yellow runes??

Support items could use a better mixing of tank stats and mana regen as you can only buy one or the other right now.

Bad Footwear

01-14-2014

Ghostcrawler confirmed replacing Morello.

iPromiseToAFK

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Footwear View Post
Ghostcrawler confirmed replacing Morello.
on saints stream

JunkRamen

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
Mana? Oh no.

But inability to play certain archetypes to their fullest? Maybe.

Restrictive earlygame? Quite possibly.

Repetitious lane experience? There may be something.

It's a very good game, but I can sort of place the 'jump the shark' period right around the beginning of season two.

For some reason they moved a lot of designers around then, replacing or dampening a ton of their core competencies.
None of these are barriers that would prevent a NEW PLAYER from continuing to play.

Bad Footwear

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPromiseToAFK View Post
on saints stream
And on Riot's official site, Reddit!

Bad Footwear

03-20-2014

Tis true.