Hey Morello, what's your stance on a Dancer Champion?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrMrSisterFister

12-16-2013

Damn that was fast

Achaemenes0x7CA

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We've toyed with the idea - I generally think it's a good archetype (especially when you have a lot of the "core" ones covered, too).

It's a bit more challenging of a kit to make, but by no means impossible.
I can see it being either a support/aura-based champion like Sona or a high-mobility assassin like Lee Sin. Though I'm not entirely sure if a dancer-like hero/champion has ever been implemented in a MOBA. Correct me if I'm wrong, since I've never played other MOBAs other than LoL or DotA.

GLaD0S

12-16-2013

I love the thought of an aoe charm as her ult that sounds perfect!

XSwagSwagYoloX

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroph View Post
Can you just bump the last 20 threads instead of making new ones?
the last 20 ones have gotten +1 upvote a month, so he keeps trying to force it

Mokkun

12-16-2013

Somehow, I have the feeling that a dancer champion would have the people who complain about mobility creep foaming at the mouth.
(which might be funny, who knows)

Linna Excel

12-16-2013

Quote:
We've toyed with the idea - I generally think it's a good archetype (especially when you have a lot of the "core" ones covered, too).

Okay, since you are begging the question, what makes this kit difficult in particular? FX, theme, mechanics, anything like that?

Blaine Tog

12-16-2013

Quote:

Smite's Chang'e is a pretty successful dancer-type champion. Obviously her precise kit would be insanely OP in LoL (she's kinda like an unholy mishmash of the worst parts of old Karma, Sona, and Vlad) but playing her feels like you're dancing as the world burns around you.

Just a suggestion about something to glance at for some inspiration on feel.

Yousonerfed

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achaemenes0x7CA View Post
I can see it being either a support/aura-based champion like Sona or a high-mobility assassin like Lee Sin. Though I'm not entirely sure if a dancer-like hero/champion has ever been implemented in a MOBA. Correct me if I'm wrong, since I've never played other MOBAs other than LoL or DotA.
I'd go with the high-mobility, high-power-play style that lacks harassment capability. Basically the opposite of Sona. You can't poke, and can't really make safe plays, but if you take big risks, you get big rewards.

Mr Tulkas

12-16-2013

Dancing champion? Sounds like it could be very fun. I would suggest going for something besides a support for it though. Imagine destroying people with your dance as apposed to just... dancing.. while you do other stuff.. like supporting or casting spells.. just wouldn't be as awesome. That said it would be a really cool idea for a junglish champ i can see something like lee sin but without the qing everywhere.. maybe some flips and rolls for mobility.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2013

Quote:

Just use the kit OP already made. XP

123456 ... 7