Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Just played my first draft dominion game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Multivariate

12-16-2013

I remembered that it was Monday night, so I queued up for a 12 minute estimated wait, which is the shortest I've seen, since I've never tried a Monday night queue before. After 25+ minutes I got a match.

Kassadin was banned first, and for a moment, I assumed that people in the room knew how to play Dominion. The rest of the bans made little sense, and our Teemo declined to take revive after I asked twice.

On the loading screen, I saw my team consisted of 1 diamond ranked SR player, 2 platinums, 1 gold (the Teemo), and me (unranked).

The other team all knew enough to take revive, but the matchmaking was ruined by a silver/bronze duo queue. Their bronze Blitzcrank effectively threw the game around the 2:00 mark by yanking our Shyvana into himself when he was way out of position, which resulted in him getting his entire team exploded almost for free at windmill.

The rest of the game was a confused jumble. At first I assumed I was witnessing some strategy used by draft Dominion players which I did not understand. I ended up alone at top most of the game vs. their Zyra, who couldn't do much of anything vs. a Maokai, other then get too close and die a few times. Both teams spent most of the rest of the game at bot, and I soon began to believe that no one had any idea what they were doing on this map.

In the end, it was over in 13 minutes, and was too much of a stomp to actually be a good game.

I'll have to try another one next Monday.

FDru

12-16-2013

Quote:
Multivariate:
I'll have to try another one next Monday.

Don't waste your time... the players who know how to Dom are in Blind Pick enjoying 20 minute queues as opposed to the 2 hours they would be waiting for a Draft match.

Gungho Gun Lion

12-16-2013

Quote:
FDru:
20 minute queues

Thats for high elo players low elo at most is 2min

Tortferngatr

12-16-2013

Quote:
Gungho Gun Lion:
Thats for high elo players low elo at most is 2min

Can confirm.

FergusMacBolg

12-17-2013

silver elo it's around 5 mins

Fancy Wolf

12-17-2013

Quote:
FergusMacBolg:
silver elo it's around 2 mins

ftfy

gold being 1500-1900 youll hit around 5 minutes depending on the time of day, then once your above 2k you could be waiting anywhere from 10-40+ minutes.

FergusMacBolg

12-17-2013

Quote:
Fancy Wolf:
ftfy

gold being 1500-1900 youll hit around 5 minutes depending on the time of day, then once your above 2k you could be waiting anywhere from 10-40+ minutes.

It's definitely around 5, unless the MMR page thing is telling me I'm worse than I actually am.

Penteano

12-17-2013

I play Dom on EUW, low elo. There is nobody on draft pick there.
I did read high elo players are waiting more than 60min on blind pick queue there. =/
Few weeks ago there was a bug and blind pick wasn't avaliable for like 6 hours. Man it was so fun. If Riot doesn't want to add a ranked they could at least remove blind pick, would be good enough.
Would like to ask if the Dom is messed in NA server since pre season started? Last 2 weeks suddenly Dom became very bad in EUW (I mean more than it usualy was heh). Not really liking it, not having any fun there.

SylianEUW

12-17-2013

Quote:
Penteano:
I did read high elo players are waiting more than 60min on blind pick queue there. =/
This is false, though it seems that the queue-times have gone up a bit after this patch, probably because they fixed a matchmaking "bug".

IronAegis

12-17-2013

Quote:
SylianEUW:
This is false, though it seems that the queue-times have gone up a bit after this patch, probably because they fixed a matchmaking "bug".

Next patch notes for Dominion:

Just get out. Go already.