What roles should I be buying wards on

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daedalus871

12-17-2013

Come late game? As in I could get a 6th item but I want to keep a spot open for wards.

Support is obvious, but then what? Support's 3 (4) wards aren't going to provide enough vision. And the if my team has 2 sweepers, then that puts the max at 6 (7) wards on the map which still doesn't seem like enough.

Daedalus871

12-17-2013

Bump

Daedalus871

12-17-2013

b

Baughwssery

12-17-2013

all of them

Alouette

12-17-2013

it's even less when you want to save those trinket wards for skirmishes.

i just follow my group around and complain if we get caught. works out ok,

Kalookakoo

12-17-2013

You just buy your 6th item.

6-7 strategically placed wards is plenty come late game, unless your team just likes wandering randomly and just ask to get caught.

Daedalus871

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughwssery View Post
all of them
I'm not talking about early/mid game.

I am talking about when I have 5 items. When should I give up that last spot to help ward?

Navarune

12-17-2013

Junglers with Sightsones aren't a terrible idea, depending on the champion. It works pretty well with those that have abilities that scale off health as well, not to mention Lee Sin for ward hopping. As for others, I would think that by late game if your carries aren't full build then your team is behind, and turtling to defend inhibitors and base turrets would be the best strategy anyway so 6-9 wards would be plenty in that situation. If your team is ahead, 3-4 wards in their jungle as well as 1-2 around baron should be more than enough to secure vision.

All of this is hypothetical, of course. Anytime you have an open slot and an extra 75-100 gold, it never hurts to grab an extra ward. If you are a carry and are debating whether you should buy a ward over, say, Deathfire Grasp/Infinity Edge or a ward, I would think the answer is pretty self-evident there. But always make sure you are doing your part to create vision when you have the available space and gold.

Dyto

12-17-2013

Late game is a pain in the ass because of ward limits and trinkets not being as good as wards....
Ideally you should purchase a pink before you get full items and place is somewhere slightly hidden and hope it lasts a long time, and get ward trinket....

If you have full items everything upgraded fully and you have like 4k extra gold you should sell your cheapest item, load up on greens and place them somewhere then buy your item again -.- sucks ...but thats how it has to be now

Greenwheel

12-17-2013

if you can have 5 items go for it. Just buy trinket and hope for the best