Exactly who counters Riven?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lpjProd

12-16-2013

I main riven... im only silver 2 but no hate plz..

im pretty sure that top lane theres only 2 or 3 that counters a lot more than the others.

1rst. Jax he can literally 3 hit you with his triforce and blade of the ruined king.. with some tankyness

2nd. Renekton.. if u use the fury its just gonna be easy to beat riven.. because : Q she lose more health and u gain some; W ur stun is longer than her stun; E can escape or chase her faster than her.

3rd. Olaf.. hes pretty much unbeatable early game and if you ult right when she goes in its a free kill

Saphlan

12-16-2013

Personally against Riven I play Jax. But I also consider Renekton, Garen, Darius, and Olaf to be good picks against Riven.

I play Jax because I am a Riven player and know Jax much better than I know Renek/Garen. Most Riven players are overaggressive and don't realize that Jax spits straight-up trades back at your face with E. Even if they are cautious of E Jax can just get armor and outdamage Riven.

It's similar for Olaf, even easier actually. Many people are wise enough to avoid Jax E ASAP but do not respond nearly as quickly to Olaf's W. They also max Q instead of E versus Olaf, which is wrong.

Jambat

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by poporoporopoporo View Post
yea, jayce doesn't have an on-demand instant cast knockback+stun that does percent of max health damage to deal with such things. oh wait, that's right, he does. sure it's not the most elegant solution, but it gets the job done.
I honestly can't tell if you are trolling or are serious when you think Jayce is strong versus champions that can engage constantly or have multiple forms of gap closers.

Pro Gamer Boobs

12-17-2013

I was going to say Morello's nerf bat, but he commented on this thread already.

BRBGTGBOWFLEX

12-17-2013

Vlad, Darius, Renekton, Ranged Champs.

Ventose

12-17-2013

Kayle or ban

Shenalia

12-17-2013

When I play Riven, I hate going up against Darius, Garen, and Renekton. Most ranged champs die to a flash-initiation all-in, but Darius out-damages her and Garen / Renekton can zone her in lane. It's a pain to deal with them.

When going up against her, however? Trundle is my choice. His AD drain on bite combined with his pillar to disrupt her mobility are great tools, and he out-sustains her naturally in lane due to his passive. Add some lifesteal from a Hydra and build some armor (I like an Iceborn or Sunfire)...

Wil Kil 4 Food

12-17-2013

The only counter to Riven... is Riven...

Blacklable

12-17-2013

Leblanc leblanc leblanc and leblanc

I am a Diamond Riven main i know my stuff

Oh look what i found on PBE today, looks like im no longer a riven main.
Riven
Broken Wings ( Q ) - 1st and 2nd use damage lowered to 10/30/50/70/90 from 30/55/80/105/130 [ may have ratio change, wait until servers come up ]
Broken Wings ( Q ) - 3rd use damage lowered to 10/30/50/70/90 from 30/55/80/105/130
Valor ( E ) shield duration lowered to 1.5 from 2.5