Why does Riot keep hitting MR items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Helvaen

12-16-2013

If they actually go through the changes, spirit visage is going to lose a lot of power. That's going to mess up a lot of bruisers. After the heavy hit to bulwark, what else do we have?

Im Duke Nukem

12-16-2013

this is going to nerf galio , which really annoys me

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2013

Riot is hitting SV because it makes champions like Renekton and Nasus nearly impossible to deal with, regardless of the type of damage you do.

Helvaen

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKSTABUUU View Post
Riot is hitting SV because it makes champions like Renekton and Nasus nearly impossible to deal with, regardless of the type of damage you do.
Then nerf the champion not the item. Too many other champions rely on it because there really isn't any other choice for a good tanky MR item.

RoyalAtreyuX

12-16-2013

So double AP is gonna make a comeback?

****. Queue the Rumble permaban.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvaen View Post
Then nerf the champion not the item. Too many other champions rely on it because there really isn't any other choice for a good tanky MR item.
A. I don't think top lane players would appreciate their champions being nerfed because one item is problematic

B. Quite a bit of the characters who abuse SV now weren't a problem before then (though some of it has to do with Doran's Shield as well, I hope Riot is careful about how much power they take away from SV and don't ignore how ridiculous the shield is)

C. Why not make the other MR items better?

doubleguac

12-16-2013

Spirit visage is clearly bloated. Right now, it's offering way too many stats. They aren't hitting all of MR, they're just hitting an item that's too universally useful.

Everybody Poos

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleguac View Post
They aren't hitting all of MR.
I think he means that every good item vs ap gets hit.

Jean Never Wins

12-16-2013

make negatron build into more actually good items

Helvaen

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKSTABUUU View Post
A. I don't think top lane players would appreciate their champions being nerfed because one item is problematic

B. Quite a bit of the characters who abuse SV now weren't a problem before then (though some of it has to do with Doran's Shield as well, I hope Riot is careful about how much power they take away from SV and don't ignore how ridiculous the shield is)

C. Why not make the other MR items better?
Great points, but the point I'm trying to make is that there aren't enough MR items as it is right now. If there were this wouldn't really bother me as there would be more choices for me to choose from