Best/Worst heroes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

01-25-2010

the worst hero is a dead hero.

Dlittlejohn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

I haven't seen Poppy mentioned in any category. I've only played her a few times, but would like to know where you all think she stands

Squalleke123

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

IMHO the best 3 are:
3)Fiddlesticks. He can literally turn around a 5v5 struggle, perhaps even aceing it if using his ultimate well. He can also farm or jungle pretty well using dark wind and drain. With enough mana regen his lanestaying power is practically unlimited and for that alone he deserves his number three spot
2)Shaco. A good Shaco is a constant threat to anyone wandering alone. He's not hard to kill, if you can get a hold of him. His boxes are already a pain in the buttocks, his ult is even more so, therefore a second spot well-deserved
1)Blitzcrank. Early game this guy is lethal in combination on a lane with almost everything, this includes turrets. Robot hand is the best way in the game to pull enemies to your team, ready to gank their ass into oblivion. He can take a beating pretty well, and damage output isn't all that bad either. This one really kicks ass

The worst 3:
3)Warwick. Though I still have to see my first good warwick, his skills seem a bit useless. The only usefull thing he has is the blood scent thing, though only useful if you have a near-death stealth char running around in stealth
2)Ashe. Though not too bad early game and great at slowing down fleeing opponents, this is where her use stops. Damage output is sub-par, Ult is no more than annoying and her slows are easily beaten by flashing out of range. She's easy to kill and will almost always end up feeding her opponents.
1)Udyr. I've never ever seen an Udyr do something else than feed the opponents. I believe he has no extra value to the team. therefore, he deserves this first place.

Brynkebab

06-17-2010

I feel a little cut, as so many people have put Warwick in their bottom three!

Quote:
The worst 3:
3)Warwick. Though I still have to see my first good warwick, his skills seem a bit useless. The only usefull thing he has is the blood scent thing, though only useful if you have a near-death stealth char running around in stealth
How long have you been playing if you've never seen a good Warwick?

Ever since I've been playing LoL I've found I prefer melee heroes and after seeing Warwick play once I've since given him a go and he's become my favourite hero to play.

Some reasons I like him are:

1) He's an amazing chase hero if you've already weakened the enemy below half health (so he gets his speed buff).
2) Can buff the entire team's attack speed, and by the way, I wonder how many battles have been won due to a bonus +80% attack speed for everyone on the team coming from Warwick.
3) Amazing lifesteal so he rarely needs to return to base to heal, instead you can just kill minions increasing gaining gold and exp in the downtime you usually go back and heal.
4) Ult is fantastic for disabling a strong enemy hero while teammates destroy them.

Basically, I'm not saying Warwick is the best, although he's far from the worst.

If you don't believe me about Warwick and you've "never seen a decent Warwick" add me on friends hopefully I am feeling good and show you some of Warwick's capabilities.

Also, I was swamped by people bagging out Tryndamere one day in a game lobby when I chose him as my hero. In my opinion, he is the best chase hero in the game, is AMAZINGLY strong end-game but it's true that not many people know how to play him.

Finally, I recommend playing as many different heroes as you can. Just lately I've been trying this (instead of sticking to the same hero, or small number of heroes) and I think it makes you appreciate that there isn't just 1 "best hero" but all are good (provided you have skills to pay the bills :P).

TigerTunes

06-17-2010

Quote:
Twisted fate (Best ganker in the game as well as having excellent lane control. His teleport can even be used as an escape).
Twitch (As far as I understood, the rat is hardly used on the american server. On the EU he is pretty much the best late game carry there is, simply because there is no other hero that can out-dps him in a 5v5 fight. Also, a great ganker. The player with the highest elo on europe is a twitch player, not surprisingly)
Teemo (Map control, nice dps and blind for the opposing twitch/yi.)

Most useful:
Kayle (Her ult on a fed dps really does wonders.)
Blitz (You know those stalemates where the weaker team is hiding in their base while the stronger team feels like they cant push in due to too much AoE? This is where the long arm of Blitz solves the dilemma.)
Rammus (Good initiator with flash. Can lock down a caster in teamfights with his taunt and being generally indestructable. Great chaser for mopping up those who flee.)

The bottomfeeders:
Udyr (Yes, the beastyboy. So, he is extremely hard to kill. He can also kill someone if he is allowed to chase him across the map. So what?)
Heimer (So he has 2 nukes. Why not just use veigar or annie instead?)
Katarina (Dont get me wrong, Ive player with some pretty awesome Katas. Its just that she is all about her ult and it can be interupted. She is also fragile.)

I laughed you are just telling the wrong way

twitch are mostly feeders..

1337SuperNewb

Recruiter

06-17-2010

Superlatives:

Best physical DPS: Corki
Best nuker: Annie *honorable mention to anivia*
Best tank: Amumu *this one is particularly tough*
Best melee physical DPS: Jax
Best support: Soraka *again, tough decision*
Best ganker: Shaco
Best pusher: Sivir
Most likely to win a 1v1: Jax (I know, he already won an award)
Best jungler: WW

I won't go into worsts since comparing the small amounts that both evelynn and tryndamere bring to a 5v5 team isn't really that interesting, nor is it useful.

Forumtroll

06-17-2010

Well. Yea okay Amumu can be a good tank. Honestly when it comes to tanks Riot was good. Ignoring Alistair is something you really don't want to do. If he's present at a team fight do your ****edest to ignore him. But if he's absent he's wrecking a lane solo, not creeps mind you. The towers alone. All of them. The same goes for Taric. Even though he is most certainly not a tank his Radiance+Rally will allow him to wreck towers.

If the first tower doesn't die before the ten minute mark you are playing with/against a bad Taric/Alistair.

Twisted Fate is not the be all and end all of champions. He's certainly one of the most power champions in the game, but I feel anything he can do Teemo can do just a smidgen better. Just a little bit mind you.

Blitzcrank is skillshot dependent. He doesn't scale the best with items. He's good but he's just not the worth the effort for the maximum results. You can get better results with Singed or Amumu for a minimum amount of effort. But like I said before Riot made solid tanks. You can't really go wrong.

If you are in a high rated elo premade match up. Soraka and Kayle are better support than Zilean. At that level you shouldn't be dying. But then again it's all very composition based isn't it? Even Janna can be great support when combod with a Cho or a Pirate.

The problem with this thread is it's basing the entire game around that one single decisive team fight. In 80% of the games the game will be decided by who has the best map control and who can kill the towers with the least effort.

TrrZ

06-17-2010

way to dig up old thread and argue about champions tiers 10 patches ago

HackingYouNow

06-17-2010

/Old thread

KnockKnock

06-17-2010

Seriously, people like Brynkebab need to be banned from being born.