Best/Worst heroes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Banana Thief

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTinWong View Post
oh gawd at so many points this thread just made me laugh hard :P

best:
katarina, good kats can carry your team and decide the game in the first 20 minutes
karthus, played right he can outnuke everyone on a solo lane, and once he is farmed and overleveled you will learn to fear him - a lot. and just btw his wall is win in 5vs5 fights
veigar, in the right hands he guarantees 1 instant kill so you can continue fighting 4vs5

useful:
blitz if he pulls someone in 5vs5 fight, you should seriously win that fight
malphite, awesome initiator and good tank
alistar, awesome baby-sitter, good disables, can initiate teamfights when headbutting someone right into his whole team, good tank

worst:
katarina, in the wrong hands she is more than useless
janna, have tried her a few times but i would probably still prefer any other supporter
warwick, i rarely saw warwicks who truly had good timing with his moves, actually there was just 1 in like 1 month

Thank you!!! I am a full time kat player and i agree with you 100%. I have seen many different builds and play styles for her and its always Pass Fail. One of the hardest things about her though is laneing. You have to know your match ups. Everyone keeps saying Heimer is UP. I fear heimer. cant do anything about his turrets but TF, Shaco, Twitch, Yi, and my personal favorite ashe...it was fun feasting on you. But i would like to say that after the nerf i have only played two games and have not found the idea build order for me yet.

Also everyone says being able to stop her ult is a terrilbe thing. Combined with a few CD runes, masterys, and her passive. I spam her ult like its never going to go out of style. I have a 48 second cooldown and if i kill one person or even assist on a kill it drops to 30 seconds. assist on a second kill...15 seconds til next ult spam.

ultranaut

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORF View Post
The worst hero by far is warwick, second worst is evelynn.
You have inspired me to play evelynn again and rape everyone and be the most important carry in team fights when i instantly turn it to a 4v5 once its been initiated.

Whoever says evelynn is bad just plays against bad players. I don't care if you have oracles. If you do not leave when you see me, you will die. Perhaps these bad evelynns everyone plays are using the wrong runes/masteries/items/summoner abilities or something.

I played her last night and 3 games in a row people were saying shes OP/can't wait to she gets nerfed etc... "grats on using easy mode evelynn" etc.. This was against premades 4-5 queuing together. going 13-1-x, 16-3-x, etc.. Ending the game in 25-35 mins. Record with her is something like 25 wins 10 losses (most losses were from when i played her like an idiot when i first got the game)

GENERAL NUTBAKED

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTinWong View Post
oh gawd at so many points this thread just made me laugh hard :P

best:
katarina, good kats can carry your team and decide the game in the first 20 minutes
karthus, played right he can outnuke everyone on a solo lane, and once he is farmed and overleveled you will learn to fear him - a lot. and just btw his wall is win in 5vs5 fights
veigar, in the right hands he guarantees 1 instant kill so you can continue fighting 4vs5

useful:
blitz if he pulls someone in 5vs5 fight, you should seriously win that fight
malphite, awesome initiator and good tank
alistar, awesome baby-sitter, good disables, can initiate teamfights when headbutting someone right into his whole team, good tank

worst:
katarina, in the wrong hands she is more than useless
janna, have tried her a few times but i would probably still prefer any other supporter
warwick, i rarely saw warwicks who truly had good timing with his moves, actually there was just 1 in like 1 month
as a Karthus player, you, sir, are absolutely right.

and warwick is garbage

so are most jax's

RokPaprBazooka

01-16-2010

interesting. keep the list going

RokPaprBazooka

01-25-2010

bumpskis

inept

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultranaut View Post
You have inspired me to play evelynn again and rape everyone and be the most important carry in team fights when i instantly turn it to a 4v5 once its been initiated.

Whoever says evelynn is bad just plays against bad players. I don't care if you have oracles. If you do not leave when you see me, you will die. Perhaps these bad evelynns everyone plays are using the wrong runes/masteries/items/summoner abilities or something.

I played her last night and 3 games in a row people were saying shes OP/can't wait to she gets nerfed etc... "grats on using easy mode evelynn" etc.. This was against premades 4-5 queuing together. going 13-1-x, 16-3-x, etc.. Ending the game in 25-35 mins. Record with her is something like 25 wins 10 losses (most losses were from when i played her like an idiot when i first got the game)

this guy's last game as evelynn was 3-7-7

good troll tho

RokPaprBazooka

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by inept View Post
this guy's last game as evelynn was 3-7-7

good troll tho
how do you check someone's stats without having them in your friend list or be in a chat room with you?

CaptainBinkles

01-25-2010

Obviously its rather hard to pick a best and worst hero, just because from what I can tell the game is rather balanced. Obviously there are a few loopholes that are thrown in to unbalance it a bit, but as a whole it just comes down to people doing dumb things and complaining about OP.

Lets take Twitch for example. Everyone rants about him being OP, or being the best hero. I beg to differ. While he is a ery good hero, yes. He mainly gets kills from stupidity, which in this case is not the hero, but the opposing players' fault. Normally when i'm at half health i ASSUME Twitch is coming to gank me, therefore making plans with my mate to rape him. As I've come to notice, a vast majority of twitch players are over confident *******s. That being said, they dont expect someone to actually attack them. Numerous times have I soloed against Twitch and killed first blooded at about 2 or 3, only to continue the trend of face rape after that.

Also, I find it hilarious that people are putting Alistar as useless. As far as kills go, yes. Alistar with above 5 kills normally means the opposing team was worthless, and he faced rolled his way to victory. However, a good Alistar, much like good tanks, well simply set up numerous kills, sometimes dying on purpose to let their teammates pick off the rest of the stragglers. If you don't fear laning with Alistar you're mistaken.

I heard someone say Taric was useless except for his stun which sucks. Need I remind you of Shatter? Aoe damage AND armor reduction means teammates can sink their teeth into easy prey, especially if a user with Malady happens to pop up. Not to mention the power of imbue or the extra damage from his ult.

As an occasional Heimer player I know for a fact that he is beyond worthless. Lane control does more than you think for one. As for turtling Heimers, well that can be blamed on the player, not the pusher. Heimer is a phenominal pusher with the ability to lob grenades at tower huggers and damage the tower as well, all from outside its range. Coupled with AP and the ability to actually aim the grenade. This makes for a very good nuke, stun, blind ability. (Yes it does stun and blind to those who dont know).

As far as warwick goes. Ult is very useful for initiating, as it normally drowns a target completely. However, I still don't like seeing him on my team and would definitely put him on the lower end.

A majority of the 'best heroes' listed are also very easily eaten by spells, and exhaust, as well as a much smarter dps player. When is the last time you've seen teemo or twitch get magic resist? Cannon Fodder.

Draykeh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2010

Look I'm going to make my case for Teemo as NOT one of the top 3 most powerful heroes. Yes he's only been mentioned a few times, but that's a few times to many. As someone who plays Teemo regularly (aka a bias) yes the map control and poison is great, but compared to characters like TF, Twitch, and Corki he doens't stand a chance. Teemo is squishy and a stun/disable is a sure way to destroy him. Most people site him in the Top 3 most Powerful because of his mushroom, but that's his Ult and if you're not at critically low health it doesn't do ****. Also an oracle and it's completely neutralized. Compared to (once again) TF, Twitch, and Corki's Ults Teemo is but a high piched voice boy scout.

Just to not deviate to much from the OP's question

Most powerfull:
what I mentioned previously

Most useful:
Soraka
Blitz
Kayle

Worst;
Heim
Jax
Warwick/Eve (they can fight over who's worse. Like the Raiders and the Lions...)

inept

01-25-2010

im pretty convinced eve is the worst hero ever, just played a game where our SOLO MID ASHE intentionally fed their eve giving eve a 8-10 stack on mejai before we even started teamfighting

I was karthus and literally defile by itself would kill eve before she could even do anything shes that squishy. wall of pain 80% movement speed decrease? GG eve any slow is GG for her actually.

after our ashe saw we were winning fights 4v5 easily she decided to join back into the game and then we just facerolled them despite being down 15+ kills. aka eve sucks ****.