Best/Worst heroes

12345612 ... 21
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Basilisk9466

12-29-2009

Twisted is really quite silly. Even with the CD nerf to Gate, late game with a few CD items you can still fire it off enough to give the other team real headaches - in my last match with him, even though I was using it constantly, it felt like it was always off cooldown... though if the enemy had been a bit more together, that might have changed PaC is also an excellent weapon, both psychologically and literally.

He's not perfect though. There are better gankers, better pushers and better demolishers - he's got some nice tricks for all of those, but he also sacrifices for Destiny/Gate.

Kelin

12-29-2009

Top heroes:
Twisted Fate (See other posts in this topic, stun, map control, farm ability)
Twitch (Can turn games around, is stronger on lower elo but can be strong on high elo as well, ultimate can give some aces when used right)
Corki (best ranged dps, blind, can escape really well, his ultimate decimates teams)

Weak heroes;
Janna (you can get way better support, she is just not the best choice in any team set up)
Jax Not a very weak hero but other heroes are way better in his role
Warwick Not made for team fights, good jungler but loses his usefulness in team battles as he goes down too fast
Zilean: Reroll kayle.
Karthus: His ultimate is nice, but really you want your mage spot filled with a hero that can do some burst damage.

Some heroes are not THAT weak but other heroes simply out perform them on the role that they should do. I didn't list tryndamere on the weak list, because I still think he is okay, but it was close. It's just that you are better of with a yi on your team as melee dps at this moment.

Da2dy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

The top 3 most powerful heroes:
Twitch (crazy dmg, gank & tower destruction)
Teemo (annoying to play against)
Yi / Shaco (both are unstopable if fed)

The top 3 most USEFUL heroes on a team:
Twisted Fate (very usefull hero)
Rammus (great tank in any fight)
Ashe (can be very usefull if played right)
also Gangplank is wandering around

The top 3 worst heroes, i won't say worst, just most useless for the team at all points:
Nasus (does nothing, and bring nothing to team fights at all)
Warwick (Only good for a foresting, dmg is lower than any other hero of the same class)
Corki (most useless hero for 6300pts)

I'd also count Chogath, Nunu, Udyr and a few more as powerfull, but they'r really player depended, a moron playing em can ruin the whole game.

unentschieden

12-29-2009

Nasus? Really? He is the best Physical Burst, Spirit fire is a considerable Armor debuff and his ult has crazy potentional in a 5v5 which Is why he needs Tanky items - hed just be focused down otherwise.
Warwick is debatable since he is great 1v1 but awfull otherwise aka the Evelynn syndrome, just not as bad as Evelynn.
I wont even mention Corki.

WilsonK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

On my opinion top 3 powerful are yi, annie and possibly twisted fate...
Top 3 useful are rammus, teemo and soraka.
Worst heroes? I only know 1, heimerdinger.

Kaupert, W.

Exello

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da2dy View Post
The top 3 most powerful heroes:

The top 3 worst heroes, i won't say worst, just most useless for the team at all points:
Warwick (Only good for a foresting, dmg is lower than any other hero of the same class)

I'd also count Chogath, Nunu, Udyr and a few more as powerfull, but they'r really player depended, a moron playing em can ruin the whole game.
Bahaahaha -

ITT - How to spot a low ELO player:
He lists Nasus as bad when he's one of the best Physical DPS in the game, and impossible to kill late game without disabling first.

He lists Corki as bad when, even after being nerfed, Corki can wreck an entire team almost by himself. Also, someone doesn't realize what Corki's armor debuff and blind does for the teams physical DPS. Corki is a-freaking-mazing in the hands of a decent player.

AND ON TOP OF THIS lists Udyr as powerful. Really. I'm sure the creeps are scared of him, but a good player is not.

Anyways

Good:
1)Twisted. It's been said. He breaks games.

2)Sivir. HIGHLY underrated, but people are catching on. I play a lot of Sivir, and I have to say, her damage output for a champ that provides such amazing support buffs is still very high when itemized correctly - and it hits their whole team. Very aggressive and powerful laner against anyone. Able to shield key stuns/nukes/ults. Pushes like a bullet train if you don't stop her. Ult can dominate a tower before you can get to her. Enough banana-riding for Sivir.

3)Malphite. Rock-f*cking-solid. Built right, he's a massive fat kid with a rocket launcher and 100 pounds of c4 on his chest. Amazing initiator (can't tell you how many times I've seen 2 or more people die before they hit the ground), amazing tank, hits towers REALLY hard, passive works great with his role, huge burst damage for a tank, and a ranged slow that hurts pretty bad on a running squishy.

Worst:
1)Janna. Yeah, I've played with good ones, but it's rare, and I'm not sure it wasn't just the other team being bad that made her look good. Really not amazing at anything.

2)Evelynn. In most cases at my elo, it's a player in denial. At the top elo, I have to imagine she's not even played. I like to buy a potion and pretend not to see her until it's too late for her to run, then curb stomp her like she gave me AIDS. She's not out and out BAD, she's just too easily countered with a cheap item that lasts until I die.

3)Warwick. No CC other than his ult. No AoE. Mediocre damage. Really only good for early - mid game ganks. Can help the team get ahead like that, and his AS buff is ok for team fights and tower pushes, but you're better off bringing Sivir for that. Probably the best of my worst list, as much as that means.

Others:
Fiddlesticks - Can be an amazing, team-stomping, death dealing, scarecrow ****house, or could be some kid who can't figure out why his Master Yi has such stick-like legs, and keeps trying to attack from range. You never know.

Ashe - There are too **** many of them. It's like the freaking plague. Seriously. Can be good, or a total feeder. "Ashe is for teh ap, rite?"

Morgana - She takes skill now, mouthbreather. Don't touch her if you even THINK you might have ANY trouble at ANY point with her skillshot. It's about all she has left. A good one can neutralize the other team's carry in a group fight, a bad one can feed their carry in any fight. Sometimes even ones she's not in. Now THAT'S a pro.

As for the "Useful" category, that's bull****. If they're "Useful" they're good. Kills don't automatically equate to a champ being good, and not getting them doesn't make a hero bad. It's contribution to the team that makes a hero good, because it's all about the win at the end of the day, and you need heroes that can do things other than just wtfpwn the other heroes. For instance, I had a match with Sivir just last week that I went 0/0/21 and won at level 13. Why? Well, beside the fact that the other team was "special" - We had a couple of really good tower pushers that were next to me while the whole other team was off together touching themselves, or whatever they thought was important then, and with stark's and my ult, we went through 2 towers, and inhib, and a nexus tower before they could get back to us. I got no kills. Yi had 2. Annie had most of our kills. Does that mean that Sivir and Yi are bad? No. We had better things to do at the time. It's called winning.

Wall-post ftw.

JunkRamen

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da2dy View Post
what. the. hell.

FABIOForever

12-29-2009

Sink or Swim heroes that either dominate a game or are just gank fodder:

Yi
Twitch
Evelyn
Shaco

Most useful at all points in a game:

Blitzcrank

Heroes that make me groan when I see them:

Warwick- Will usually spend more time jungling for buffs than he will using them on the other team. Will hog buffs all game that are much more useful on other heroes.

Heimerdigger- Either a noob who likes to turtle, or a player who wants to prove his "pro-ness" by playing a gimp hero. I have NEVER seen heimerdigger do well in a game where he didn't have melee heroes constantly hurling themselves into his turret nests. Mobility is the name of the game mid to late and it takes Heimer several minutes to set up a decent turret nest that can be torn down instantly by one-third of the heroes in the game. The biggest groan I ever had was seeing a Heimerdigger take ghostwalk o___o

Jana- So many better support choices

Annie- Maybe 1 out of 10 people who pick her can play her well.

edino

12-29-2009

The top 3 most powerful heroes?

1# Even though i hate him i have to say twich, his stealth + crazy dps + passive poision is just crazy op
2# Blizzcrank can destroy everything and everyone, esepecially dangerous when your going 1v2 near your own tower. ( 4kills before level 6 using only robot arm)
3# End game Yi or Shaco for obvius reasons... cough cough solo teh whole enemy team cough

The top 3 most USEFUL heroes on a team? (For any reason)

1# Sorakas heals , mana , magic resist reduces, and more heals are just great for any team
2#Nunu because of bloodboil and the fact that his well placed ulti can wipe out a whole enemy team leaving them at low hp.
3#Karthus... why ? ULTI1!1!11!!!

The top 3 worst heroes?

1# katarina, her damage sucks, the ulti can easily be interrupted, basicly never a real treath
2# Alistar, there are alot better tanks out there, Alistar much like katarina never gets dangerous enough to even bother with
3#warwick, cause he just sucks in every game i have seen someone play him

Loric

12-29-2009

all very interesting.

its interesting how much consensus there is on a few of these heroes

twisted fate and twitch seem to be the consistent powerhouses, with warwick as the unanimous p.o.s.

12345612 ... 21