Best/Worst heroes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

malphismia

Senior Member

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MkAbandon View Post
I have to very very strongly disagree with these worsts... i've seen pro eve's they wreck if they kno how to play.

as for kassy, i main kassy and i much say he is easly one of the best, very helpful in team fights, rift in, do some dmg, silence main dps, force pulse, almost all are almost dead or half dead, rift walk on them again. if uk how to play kassy, its usually gg as long as u have a decent team
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED
If you're good with any of these, you're just good, not the champ.
Exactly what I said lol. If you know how to play them well, you're good.

Eve is a stealthed champ, but melee. 400 gold oracle/wards shuts her down for surprise ganks. She's very squishy, so focus fire destroys her. If you build tank on her instead of AD/AP, you lose any real damage output. If you go sunfire cape on her, if you build some MR her damage is negligible.

Kassadin is the only melee mage. To do optimal damage, you rift in the middle of 4-5 champs. This is asking for some focus fire. You need some tank items for survivability to be in melee range. You need some AP for damage. And you need to build some mana to build rift charges. It's just asking for too much on one champ. And Kass' W is useless, you aren't whacking the champ enough to get enough mana or take away enough either.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ayoyagi Ritsuka

Member

06-21-2010

Heimer is not most useless.... Okay so you say he doesn't contribute much to team fights? How about this 5v5 scenario: all 10 people in a mush.. lauch a grenade in there and bam, 5 enemies are blinded and 5 allies are smiling. And that's if they were only only blinded, not adding in the dmg and the stun potential! That adds a large amount to team battles.

Let's also throw down a turret for that team battle, it does aoe dmg and it most likely does more damage then 2 basic melee attacks from a mage, plus it fires pretty fast. I think the red turret also stacks armor and magic resist reduc but I forget. That contributes a hell of a lot of dmg output to a team fight. It's also useful to upgrade a turret when running away to slow enemy chasers.

Plus, you can say sivir is the best pusher, or ali, or taric, twitch.. but in truth it will always be heimer. I can wreck middle turret within the first 10 minutes of any game. Unless Im facing a hard counter, but you can bet my turret will be full life regardless.

Heimer is anything but useless, and I can provide many more supporting facts. He did lose a lot of his power with his nerf I'll admit, but it just makes him more tricky to play.

Turtling turrets wins games. :]


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InsectWarfare

Member

06-21-2010

noone said ryze? really?

top
jax
ryze
kata

worst
akali
gragas
anivia

useful
janna
morgana
blitz


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RHCPCanucks420

Member

06-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylar View Post
I think Warwick is getting a raw deal in this thread, and it comes down to team boosting vs kill stats.

I've been playing a lot of Warwick recently, because he wins games for the team.

Everyone wants to play the carry these days, so a lot of times I end up taking Cho to tank for the team, or Annie for magic damage/stun, but if we have those bases covered I'll generally take Warwick.

I cannot remember the last game I played where we did not have at least 2 or 3 carries on the team, and usually there is a pissfest over who gets to solo. If we have our other bases covered, I take warwick, and two people can solo, because I can exist purely off jungling into the mid game. I often do not kill a lane mob till level 6 or 7, and that is just mopping up after a gank.

Two carries with solo fed exp and coin = team win.

And while I'm usually a level or two below the solo laners, I keep up with the rest.



Benefits of Warwick:

Two carries solo = win.

I kill the dragon every time it's up, which helps the whole team and feeds those carries just that much more.

I provide stun to let those carries gank their lanes, which feeds them even further still.

I provide attack speed for turret drops and group fights.

I disable the enemy's main DPS in a group fight with my ult.

I can chase and snare the wounded for my team to finish them off.

I keep the enemy from getting jungle buffs, and generally leave wards in my wake all over their side of the map for intel.


These are not glamorous tasks, they do not make my stats all shiny and pretty with huge kill/death rates.

I suicide alot... but my team gets 3 kills or an ace because of it.

I may be a bit underleveled mid game, but we have an extra carry 3 levels above the enemy teams in trade.

I may "waste lot of time beating on the dragon", enjoy the gold and exp, you got it too.



Warwick wins games.

He just does not get credit for it, because everything he does makes the others on his team shine that much brighter, which is how he wins games...
I can not agree more. What you said is completely correct. However, I would not recommend playing Warwick in a solo queue because most of the time you'll have noobs on your team that don't know how to utilize that level advantage. Said players also can't convert from your ganks with the stun, by either them initiating way too early instead of you jumping out or just plain ignoring your pings and not being very useful during the gank.

IIT: People who just copy what other people say and repost said player's choices if they were even the slightest bit persuasive for the best/worst/useless champions in game.

I can't even begin to count how many people said that the best were Twitch and TF simply because thats what everyone else was saying and were scared to give their own opinion due to being flamed. There was absolutely no diversity in this thread all Twitch and TF with only a subtle explanation.

Anyhow, most useful IMO:
A good Soraka or a good Warwick

-These two are so highly underrated. They may not be able to dish out damage in a team fight but the benefits that they give their team, no matter how unappreciated exceed those of a great cocky hard carry by far as they benefit the entire team rather than hoping that they have a good hard carry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-21-2010

worst characters:
Eve, gangplank, malhazar
best:
Jax
Shen
Soraka

most useful:
blitz, kayle, janna


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FABIOForever

Senior Member

06-21-2010

Quote:
I Benefits of Warwick:

Two carries solo = win.

I kill the dragon every time it's up, which helps the whole team and feeds those carries just that much more.

I provide stun to let those carries gank their lanes, which feeds them even further still.

I provide attack speed for turret drops and group fights.

I disable the enemy's main DPS in a group fight with my ult.

I can chase and snare the wounded for my team to finish them off.

I keep the enemy from getting jungle buffs, and generally leave wards in my wake all over their side of the map for intel.
These are all things that Jax, Udyr, Fiddle, and probably a couple other champions can do much much better. That's the whole point: there is no reason to pick Warwick because there are much better alternatives. He is the very worst, bottom of the barrel for the jungle ganker niche. He contributes zilch early game, has a passable but not great mid game, and goes right back to zilch late game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nethervoid

Senior Member

06-21-2010

Best: Soraka, Shen, Taric

Worst: Olaf, Eve, Malzahar


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xawood

Senior Member

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nethervoid View Post
Best: Soraka, Shen, Taric

Worst: Olaf, Eve, Malzahar

Olaf worst? What the .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Treason

Senior Member

06-22-2010

Surprised barely anyone said Ezreal yet. His recent "nerf" came at the price of an AD buff to his Q skill, I believe. Also of his heals and juking/escape skill. Just because the Ez you faced could not skill shot, doesn't mean the champion's bad

Also, I'm liking the face my Kat is getting some luv, but I would be flabbergasted if not one silence/stun skill is used when she uses R.

Upon looking recently posted replies, it kinda scares me which team mates are good and which are bad. Udyr worst? Rofl. Tryndamere best? Rofl. Jax 1 v 1? Olaf Ulti. TF? Nerf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nethervoid

Senior Member

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xawood View Post
Olaf worst? What the .

Olaf is horrible, I auto-dodge him when I see him in que and I would rather play with an evelyn. Any time I do get stuck with an Olaf I get excited if he manages to do better than 2-10. Worst champ in the game by a substantial margin.