Best/Worst heroes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SecretlyRambo

06-20-2010

It depends on the ELO, really.

Between the "good 'ol days" where you just doggedly pushed your own lanes and maybe ganked on occasion and bluepilled after team fights to go buy your next item, and the ruthless Charlie Foxtrots of upper level gameplay where your entire team drops like a house of cards if it lacks an important element (like DPS or crowd control), you have two completely different games being played.

Fiddle, Twitch, and Twisted Fate are as terrifying as the King in Yellow in casual games when nobody wants to spend their precious gold on buying a ward that will single-handedly stop them from feeding, and focus fire is a polite suggestion and people still wander around on their own. We call these heroes 'pub-stompers'; perhaps Karthus or Ryze fall under here, too.

Most will agree that Twitches (stealth heroes in general) lose an immense amount of effectiveness to teams that are used to dealing with him.

Card's ultimate becomes even more of a godsend when your team communicates and cooperates, but he's received so many nerfs recently that I wouldn't list him as one of the 'best' champions anymore.

Nobody makes it to level 30 without seeing at least one game turned around because Fiddlesticks pops out of the bushes and obliterates everyone in a tornado of ravenous mutant ninja crows, and so he remains a force to be reckoned with even in mid-level games where people don't all have their heads in their asses. But getting the positioning down to make your ultimate dominate so, with the enemy team being caught unawares or failing to stun you in time, really depends on said team making one big, collective mistake. And that happens less and less as the players and the teams get better.

So, for high skill games, well....

Most ... powerful? I really don't know. A lot of names come to mind. Jax, Tryndamere... even Anivia and Cho'gath, who aren't necessarily the kings of solo play, are monstrous in their own ways.

Most useful? Okay, this one's easier to speculate on.

Shen is definitely up there. Nothing like a tenacious, damaging tank with crowd control and the ability to enter a team fight from anywhere while simultaneously saving somebody.

I'm surprised that Sivir very rarely gets mentioned. She's a capable DPS with a Banshee's Veil proc'ing when you want it to every so many seconds or so. She's one of the best pushers in a game where pushing wins games, and her ultimate is easily the difference between you rolling or getting rolled, making her a force too dangerous to ignore whether she's out pushing on her own or running with the team and making them more fervent than Viking berserkers.

Soraka. For a hero who tends not to get kills, and who really doesn't care if she goes 0-4-11, she attracts a raging inferno of hatred from enemy teams whenever she pulls a valuable asset out of death's grasp - which is all the time.

Most useless....

Probably Heimer. Seriously. I know: he pushes and harasses like it's the name of his game, and he's the only hero that can create a safe zone for your team. He also offers exceedingly little to team fights when they're not brazenly engaging you at the conspicuously fortified position you've set up. I've seen Heimers do well; I've been rolled by Heimers in solo mid. But I usually consider him a waste of a Champion slot. For map control, I'll take Teemo instead, thanks.

Eve deserves to be here, too. Offers exceedingly little except when she's fed or the other team is playing the "pubbie" level game previously mentioned.

favabear

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberOwen View Post
no tf may be good but if they have a jax or someone who is good at countering he sucks
You mean dodging? Sword of the divine handles that neatly and is already good on TF.

Arkhir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

What the hell is wrong with you people? Twitch most powerful? Really?

I'm amazed that so few people mention the obvious choices: Annie, Sivir, Ezreal, Shen, Kayle, Fiddlestix.

LegendaryCaoCao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-20-2010

Most Powerful - Udyr, Annie, Jax (Honorable mentions: Tryndamere, Ashe, Anivia)

Most Useful - Janna, Morgana, Ezreal (Honorable mentions: Zilean, Soraka, Kayle)

Worst Heroes - Eve, Teemo, Veigar

QQ8U5I0C88

06-20-2010

Tristana is awsome when you know how to play her right!

shawster

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loric View Post
I understand that all heroes can be played viably, but clearly some are worse than others. Who do you think are

The top 3 most powerful heroes?

The top 3 most USEFUL heroes on a team? (For any reason)

The top 3 worst heroes?
soraka kayle jax (anne ashe fiddlesticks i could go on all day)

i don't really know the difference between useful and powerful, since useful heroes are powerful!

tryndamere, veigar, garen

some of the stupid responses in this thread crack me up lmao. shows how stupid half the people who post here are :s.

Taishi Masamune

06-20-2010

Powerful
Ezrael - Global Ulti AoE Nuke, Powerful Burst, Constant DPS
Fiddlesticks - One of the most game-changing heroes in the game. Ulti, Silence, Fear the carry.
Annie - Major Burst, AoE Stun, Teddy Bear

Useful
Soraka - Major Healing/Mana Replenish, Silence, Magic Res Debuff for your casters.
Janna - Major Laning Game, Good Babysitter, Good Slow, Great Healing Ulti
Sivir - Great Pusher, Great Ulti, a threat solo pushing and in the team fights

Worst
Tryndamere - Possibly the game's only hard carry. Too bad he's easily shut down early game.
Ryze - Keep noob bashing. Cleanse/Merc Threads shuts him down.
Evelynn - Oracles > Eve

Garresh

06-20-2010

WTH. I've seen tons of people say Karthus is bad. That just confuses me...

Gaddond

06-20-2010

I'm surprised Taric hasn't been mentioned alongside Sivir, Kayle, and Soraka in the "most useful" category. An ulti that increases the effectiveness of all his allies in a decent AoE (Sivir), a ranged nuke/stun (comparable to Kayle's ranged nuke/slow), and a large burst heal, capable of having its cooldown reduced by attacking (comparable to Soraka's heals). Plus, his passive armor/point-blank AoE nuke and armor reduction. Furthermore, if built to do so, he can become an excellent tank, although this diminishes his heal and nukes.

It always seemed to me like he had it all in terms of usefulness in team situations. His cooldowns left something to be desired, but with cooldown reduction items that never seemed like as much of an issue. That's the only reason I would even consider classifying Taric as less useful than Soraka/Kayle/Sivir.

Anyone want to elaborate on why Taric isn't in their "Most Useful" category? I'm curious.

Taishi Masamune

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddond View Post
I'm surprised Taric hasn't been mentioned alongside Sivir, Kayle, and Soraka in the "most useful" category. An ulti that increases the effectiveness of all his allies in a decent AoE (Sivir), a ranged nuke/stun (comparable to Kayle's ranged nuke/slow), and a large burst heal, capable of having its cooldown reduced by attacking (comparable to Soraka's heals). Plus, his passive armor/point-blank AoE nuke and armor reduction. Furthermore, if built to do so, he can become an excellent tank, although this diminishes his heal and nukes.

It always seemed to me like he had it all in terms of usefulness in team situations. His cooldowns left something to be desired, but with cooldown reduction items that never seemed like as much of an issue. That's the only reason I would even consider classifying Taric as less useful than Soraka/Kayle/Sivir.

Anyone want to elaborate on why Taric isn't in their "Most Useful" category? I'm curious.
Taric's Ulti doesn't buff dmg too much to get excited about, and it is unsustainable. Sivir can push like no other hero in the game, making her better. His stun is okay, but you can't have both the duration and the dmg, but even more so, Kayle's ulti alone makes her better. As for comparing to Soraka, she has more healing power including a global team-wide heal. She can also silence/restore mana and debuff magic res in an aoe, making her better. He's got aspects of all of these heroes and is good, just not top 3 in any of the categories provided.