@Riot The skill range in Bronze needs to be reconciled.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirino Kousakaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2013

Its called Bronze 5

Atzero

12-16-2013

How do I get a red post in here?

Atrayen

12-16-2013

Remember when Bronze league was actually prestigious?

Yeah. It was. Top 25%.

Everyone else was unranked.

vL Kingpin

12-16-2013

I think there should be some opportunity with this once season 4 starts. Just like people will be able to drop out of division V if their mmr gets low enough, bronze V's should be able to drop to unranked and have to earn their bronze again

Zosma

Recruiter

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atzero View Post
There is an utterly massive skill differential within Bronze league, that is too big to ignore. You all know what I am talking about. There are people within bronze with decent mechanics, and poor decision making. There are people with decent decision making, and poor mechanics. Then there are people who have no idea what the **** is going on, no idea how to play their champion, utter ****-tier mechanics, and zero decision making skills. Again, you all know what I am talking about. "FIRST TIME VARUS, PLZ DONT REPORT", who proceeds to go 0/11/2 with 55 cs by 35 minutes, to the other adc who goes 14/5/8 with 220 cs.

I am not claiming to be good at this game. I am not. I am in Bronze for a reason. But I do know this: I am better than the bottom half of Bronze.

Bottom line: There needs to be another league created above or below bronze, because the skill range is far to wide.

Before anyone tells me to carry myself out, yeah I would love to. One problem, Im not a gold level player, or above. I cant analyze my replays, I cant really learn my from mistakes until im sitting at respawn. The average team fight lasts all of 5 seconds. I cant replay it in my head. Im not a good player. All I am saying is I know that I should focus the ADC, get dragon when no one is around to contest it, prioritize cs, etc, which is a massively far cry from some of the rabble in Bronze.

TL;DR: There is a big difference between "God ****ing awful", and "You have a lot of work to do". One is interested in improving, but doesn't know how, the other isnt interested at all.
you mad me so happy by saying this... not trying to brag or anything but im probably better then 95% of people in bronze http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/44491866#history don't judge me by Yasuo game, that was my friend gabe who is just in the noob category ty bye.But i will say my cs could improve so that is why i am practicing in normals for a little while.

Zosma

Recruiter

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyabi Doll View Post
nope all bronzies are bad, the actual good ones in MY definition usually get to gold naturally pretty quickly.
not necessarily some people like me do poorly in the placement matches and end up in bronze, i am climbing out but bronze 5 took a while but atm bronze 1 75 LP in fact made a new account and that got in gold so this don't apply to me but some people in bronze have bad luck like their client crashes in promos... has happened like 10 times, stuff like that so sure it's safe to say most people in bronze are bad but not all of them.

Zosma

Recruiter

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidor View Post
Its not bs at all, sorry to burst your bubble. Bronze players have terrible decision making and terrible mechanics. Someone who is good at LoL can easily exploit this and snowball their lane basically every match, thus carrying themselves out of bronze.

If you're bronze you are there for a reason, you are bad and its the truth.
thats kind of what im doing here, playing nasus and people im good at, in fact i will probably be out by next week at the latest.

Mokkun

12-16-2013

Far as I can see from the outside, Bronze has 3 tiers.

Bronze 5, Bronze 4-2, Bronze 1.

Bronze 5 is most of what you seem to be complaining about (and people on their way down to Bronze 5). I also have a hunch that some of those mega fed/farmed ADC's you're seeing are smurfs, not actual bronzies, and there's no cure for that at any level but D1/Challenger.

However, due to how different Bronze 5 is (it is after all, the entirety of the bottom end), I don't really know that they need another tier to differentiate it. And without a way to get actually placed in a level below Bronze 5 from placements, a cardboard tier isn't going to be useful. You'll still hit all the people falling down.
Being able to land below B5 in just 10 placements is also probably not particularly fair, and would lead to very large swings in initial placement for everyone, because each game would have to encompass a larger range of rating.

Honestly, frustrating as it is to run into skill differentials, this isn't the solution.

I'm silver 1, and play with people from silver to plat. I don't even get to worry just about the skill difference in silver. Instead, I get to worry about the fact that there is a rated difference in the people I play with/against, because that's how the matchmaker crumbles. No amount of adding more tiers would fix it.

Tightening up the matchmaker to get a close skill range involves longer queue times. Whether or not you consider that worth it, is a bit personal.

Zosma

Recruiter

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidor View Post
Its not bs at all, sorry to burst your bubble. Bronze players have terrible decision making and terrible mechanics. Someone who is good at LoL can easily exploit this and snowball their lane basically every match, thus carrying themselves out of bronze.

If you're bronze you are there for a reason, you are bad and its the truth.
I see what your saying i am bronze 1 with 75 LP and i have friends i met up in bronze 5 and they still sitting at the bottom but believe me im getting out pretty damn soon.

Banuvan

12-16-2013

I'm just tired of getting put against gold players who duo with bronze/silver unranked players.

I'm Bronze 1 btw.