Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

500 pings, Attempting to Reconnect

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drunknError

12-15-2013

I know there are other threads about this issue but I just want to create another one so Riot understands that this is a widespread issue. Starting today, 3/4 games that i played (2 of them being ranked) I get this issue of the game going into "Attempting to reconnect" mode and the ping is a constant 500. I know it's not my internet because other games are fine when i run them; it's only happening in league. One thing i noticed, though, is that this problem happens after minions have spawned, just before camps spawn. When I try closing client and reconnecting, it doesn't even load in, instead, it crashes and gives me an error saying that it crashed and i should try to reconnect. I have already tried to repair my client, still didn't fix the issue.
Fix this.

Governor K

12-15-2013

I think someone should make a single thread about this problem, listing the issues by bullet point, then having people post their username in it as a signature. Works sorta like a petition, btw I am having the SAME exact problems as you, friend.

DudeWTFReally

12-16-2013

fcking riot i spent so much money on this game. fix it

Mangoldx

12-16-2013

Getting this exact problem. Every patch that has been getting released lately has been making my game worse and worse. Riot fix this

drunknError

12-16-2013

Bump. Still happening today. This game is officially unplayable. BACK TO DOTA.
http://s11.postimg.org/qmzutwl0z/Riot_Sucks.png (http://s11.postimg.org/qmzutwl0z/Riot_Sucks.png)

HuevosDad

12-16-2013

EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! by 1:20 its already at attempting to reconnect.

PLEASE fix this.

ISP DSL Century Link

DaynNite91

12-16-2013

Checkout my thread
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=4118452
^ checkout my thread and support me
We deserve compensation!
Why is riot so quiet about this whole situation?!

Hawkzor

12-16-2013

I have this EXACTLY. They had a thread open about it, but they marked it as "resolved" and I haven't seen anything since.

The worst thing is that I don't know if they acknowledge that there is a problem or if they are working on it. I'm a patient guy and I can wait a little while. But Im beginning to worry that this is the new permanent situation, and Riot isn't working to fix it anymore.

KikoMimi

12-16-2013

^ there are others mmo games and mmorpg i can play. But seeing i spent over hundreds of dollar....i just hope they fix it. I check the support forum every single day. I can play with it wired but wireless is so damn hard.

Unse3n

12-16-2013

I've been having this problem for over a month now, ever since one of the 3.0 patches. My ping would ALLWAYS stay between 80 and 100 ever since season 2, when I started playing LOL. Now my ping will randomly jump from 90 to anywhere from 200-over600. Lately I've even been getting "attempting to reconnect screens and my character apparently stands still.

This problem has made me play league much less than I used to. I am currently plat 1 and was trying really hard for diamond, but when the game becomes unplayable for minutes at a time for no fault of my own it has made me not want to play at all, let alone ranked. I know for a fact it is an issue with riot's servers, because I have tested my connection and monitored my traffic with software to see if maybe there was a breach in my security, but I didnt find anything except for what I was doing.

TLD; There is a problem with riot's servers, my ping randomly jumps to 500+ with "attempting to reconnect" screens. This doesn't happen with any other game/application. Because of these unplayable lag spikes, I am barely playing League at the moment.