Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to fix Dominion in 5 sets of changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LuckoftheD

12-15-2013

Community veto has been stamped. Next pls.

ZallKlos

12-15-2013

Pootering may not be a big problem but spending the whole game chasing a Shaco around is boring.

WilliamSwiftfoot

12-15-2013

Ok looking over stuff.

1. Fine with that.
2. Already voiced my opinion
3. Seems like an interesting way to change it. Would need a longer channel time and have it indicated(like how it is with the Doomsday in IC)
4. Interesting idea, but doesn't change anything. Phases would be like capturing both bottom points to unlock windmill
5. Fine with that.

Koravel

12-15-2013

Revive should not be on a trinket. It won't lead to more interesting spell choices, it will simply be 5 CVs and the rest exhausts/ignites.

Teleport- no.

Global garrison- **** no.

I concur with everyone else, trying to stop POOTERSS strat is stupid. Its a good way to teach people how to play Dominion.

No to storm shield being something that gives you that much of a boost in nexus hp. Yes to making it a longer cap and letting it neut windmill if you do not currently possess it.

I don't want phases and Dom doesn't need phases. That's just Riot line.

You don't get "ridiculous amounts of levels up." We're talking like 2 levels is the most I've ever seen.

And 1-2 kills doesn't win you bot lane. That's silly.

AlphaFerric

12-16-2013

1)Eh. Comeback mechanics are important. How they are tuned now can be prety devastating, but that doesn't mean you should get rid of them.

2)I'd rather see a ****tier version of garrison and vision as trinket options (thought I don't see them as a necessity). Nerfs already hit exhaust in a pretty big way with mastery changes, not so much with ignite, which was weaker to begin with until late game. Pls no tele. lolwut Garrison, that is amazingly OP and conducive of stagnant gameplay.

3)I like the idea of increasing nexus health (though your current one seems a little extreme). I would say that alone can make for a lucrative objective that opens up some interesting game progression. The neut on windmill seems excessive, as you may just leave one person there to cap it the second it goes down.

4)For someone who doesn't enjoy hidden things, this sure would be hard to make apparent to players. Seems pretty snowbally. Phases should rely on objectives outside the core ones (towers), and your storm relic idea could really introduce that aspect to the game.

5)I'd be okay with exp entirely flattened unless you have Zilean or actually went into utility.

Nyx87

12-16-2013

Oh good, an RCIX post. I was getting bored at work already.

Quote:
Respawn timers are now a flat 20 seconds

Makes for awkward respawns if people die a few seconds apart.

Quote:
Teleport is now available, and breaks capture attempts when being used

Garrison is now global, and cooldown is reduced by 30 seconds if it interrupts a capture on an allied point.

You can't be serious about this. All these changes do is make Teleport and Garrison OP by allowing teams that are ahead to lock out the opposition while being no where close to the point being contested. There was a IC video of clips of Volandum say "Teleporting in.. Teleporting.. Tele, Etc". Clearly you did not even bother to think about the effects of these changes.

Quote:
Storm shield now spawns 5 minutes in and requires a 30 second channel which is reduced by X amount per additional champion present.

Once captured, your nexus health is changed to halfway between the enemy nexus' health and your current nexus health. In addition, Windmill is neutralized.

Does nothing but stall out games. Makes late game teams even stronger. Could be interesting though, actually worth a shot with number tweaks.

Quote:
At least test: Capture rates now scale with the game. Capture rate starts at roughly two thirds of now, and scales to twice as fast as now at around 20 minutes.

Back capping towards the late game becomes insanely strong with the change. Would greatly reduce late game fights in favor of backcapping.

Quote:
Kill XP vastly reduced (10-20% or less of current)

Would not help botlane at all. Bot lane is a player conception issue. Pushing it away from a 1v1 is the players job, not Riots. There are already plenty of incentives for top laners to go bot, people are just not intelligent enough to realize it.

Kaiseresc

12-16-2013

with 20 sec caps, wouldnt that help snowballing?

BuddhaRice

12-16-2013

Revive as a trinket... Hm....

I think instead of 5 CVs, we would maybe see 1 or 2 CVs and rest Flashes. Flash is still a great spell in my opinion... Maybe ghost on bruisers.

Let the ghostlords rule over dominion

Redeemed In Fire

12-16-2013

Quote:
Nyx87:
Clearly you did not even bother to think about the effects of these changes.

How many times have various people overreacted to changes and exaggerated their effects, and once it patches suddenly it's completely fine?

And that said, if you had read further, I admitted both might be overkill.

Quote:
Nyx87:

Would not help botlane at all. Bot lane is a player conception issue. Pushing it away from a 1v1 is the players job, not Riots. There are already plenty of incentives for top laners to go bot, people are just not intelligent enough to realize it.

...This isn't about ganks. This is about the fact that one kill is a good chunk of a level and 2-3 is well over a level, and a level is a huge advantage. Grants a litany of stats and another spell level.

Quote:
Nyx87:

Back capping towards the late game becomes insanely strong with the change. Would greatly reduce late game fights in favor of backcapping.

Aaand it was also partly this. You need good point control if backcapping suddenly becomes strong.

Romantic Metro

12-16-2013

Not sure if i'm a big fan on these ideas. I'm interested to see trinkets be involved. I feel like a CV trinket would belong and get rid of the vision items on dom. Then two upgrades one to reveal stealthed traps etc, and another with just increased ranged. A trinket Garrison would be kind of fun as well. Then the upgrade path for Garrison could be something like an offensive defensive path. One is better for diving turrets while another is better for holding. So upgraded offensive garrison would keep the turret damage really low for 8 seconds and the defensive garrison would do splash damage.

Trinkets are a fun subject :<