How to team fight tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempname 17D

12-24-2010

I need help on how to play in team fights. I play tank most of the time, unless i have to fill another role. In team fights i try to lock down the players that are dealing damage to my carries or deal out damage to get the other team to focus me. However I am not very comfortable with my placement nor my ability to keep my squishies safe. I would appreciate anybody who would give tips on what to do or how to manage team fights. I would appreciate tips on what to do for every role, not just tanks. Videos would also be much appreciated.

Aonopolis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2010

Well i can't say much for other roles except junglers and tanks. As a tank (during team fights) taunt as often as possible. Try to stay in front of your squishies. Attack whoever goes for them like a rabid dog. If you're not the first to join the fight (I.E. Initiate) you're doing something wrong.

Tempname 17D

12-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonopolis View Post
Well i can't say much for other roles except junglers and tanks. As a tank (during team fights) taunt as often as possible. Try to stay in front of your squishies. Attack whoever goes for them like a rabid dog. If you're not the first to join the fight (I.E. Initiate) you're doing something wrong.
Thank you. I play amumu and am practicing udyr (not jungleing in normal games yet though)
i assume stun instead of taunt for udyr, but what do i do for amumu? Also, how can I judge a good time to initiate. I have found myself multiple times trying to initiate but my team stays behind and i just suicide feed -.-

svartingr

12-24-2010

Positioning.

It's all about positioning.

If you're a ranged carry, stand in a position where you can get the most benefit for the least amount of risk.

If you're the initiator, it's your job to start the fight. Don't start hastily. Only start when your team is with you and you know where everyone on the other team is. (And it depends on the type of initiator you are. If you're Annie/Malphite/Xin, you want to try and hit the majority of them. If you're Ashe, hit the DPS.)

The tank should try and take the brunt of the force. You either need to deliver their DPS on a silver platter, or keep them away from your DPS. If you have two tanks, one person can do each thing.

Supports need to keep your DPS alive. If you're playing Trundle, run around Qing everyone.