@Riot, about Yasuo Ultimate, let's talk.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Telosa

12-14-2013

The only thing I'd change about Yasuo's ultimate is to revise the abilties that Yasuo's ultimate can use. Yasuo shouldn't be able to use his ultimate just when , for example, Draven uses Stand Aside and throws two axes.. The ultimate needs to ONLY proc off abilties that knock people in the air or knock them significantly backwards.

Epichuntarz

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
It's not rude. Every champion plays differently. If you don't like coordinating with your teammates, don't play Yasuo. If you don't like kiting, don't play Ashe. No champion is right for everyone.
Being able to play a champion effectively shouldn't be a matter of "are the stars aligning in my favor in champ select?"

Yasuo CAN work OK, sorta, without any other abilities to allow him to ult, but after having played him some, it's not terribly practical to be able to rely on doing it yourself.

Dozens of other champions (especially in competitive play) aren't reliant on another champion FOR THAT CHAMPION'S KIT to function optimally. Yasuo is.

I think he's an interesting champ-very cool concept. In execution, regarding his game play, his kit just has a hard time functioning with itself.

The real question-is he WORTH building a team around? I realize he's only been out a day, but I'm afraid that answer to that is most likely going to be a big fat "no." (I'll gladly eat my words when he's a instapick/ban in competitive play).

Everybody Poos

12-14-2013

One issue I've had with Yasuo is an enemy flashing/blinking mid ult, as soon as its finished I'm miles behind them

Urdnot Entar

12-14-2013

Quote:
It's not rude. Every champion plays differently. If you don't like coordinating with your teammates, don't play Yasuo. If you don't like kiting, don't play Ashe. No champion is right for everyone.
Well, it sort of is though. People are trying to start a design discussion with you, and you essentially blow them off and say play someone else, Yasuo is fine.

pinguihome

12-14-2013

Yasuo just feels so niche, he's so fun to play but so weak at the same time. Im conflicted between playing him for the fun of using the champion and not playing him and having a chance to actually win the game. Oh and maybe if you're looking to make him less tedious to play you could maybe make his wind wall work like anivia's wall where you can place it closer/farther away from you. A slightly stronger early game wouldnt hurt either.

Devilteacher

12-14-2013

I have a question about Vi's Ult and Yasuo's Ult in combination. Since Yasuo's suspends them, but Vi's ends with her knocking them back to the ground... what exactly happens?

Everybody Poos

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urdnot Entar View Post
Well, it sort of is though. People are trying to start a design discussion with you, and you essentially blow them off and say play someone else, Yasuo is fine.
There are things Yasuo needs work on, and Riot is working on them, as for him blowing people off, that's not true. Every champion has a different feel to them, and you shouldn't play a certain champion if their play style or design philosophy just isn't for you.

Mazinger

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltron316 View Post
Yasuo's ult damages at the end of the ult not at the beginning, is this intended? It's confusing and also makes it feel like a very sluggish spell to finish an opponent.
I was downvoted yet no answer woot....

alaskaneagle

12-14-2013

Quote:

Glad to see you guys acknowledge the difference between champs. Any chance they will decide you don't have to use the same styles to counter all champs?

Kinda talking about rammus's nerf... He's been nerfed so much all you need to do to counter his taunt was get one of the many defensive mr items that adc's can get without sacrificing any of their dmg dealing ability.

basically I don't think letting adc's relay only on kiting is good for the game, and I don't think buying one item to counter a champ is to much to ask an adc to do.

Kopikatsu

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilteacher View Post
I have a question about Vi's Ult and Yasuo's Ult in combination. Since Yasuo's suspends them, but Vi's ends with her knocking them back to the ground... what exactly happens?
They cancel each other out.