@Riot, about Yasuo Ultimate, let's talk.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NullDragon

12-14-2013

My main issue with him is how difficult the three hit combo for a knockup feels.

I'm not entirely sure if I MUST always have an allied knockup to combo off of, or if I'm supposed to be able to charge a Q from the jungle and go in.

One idea is to extend the time your empowered Q lasts, letting you hold it for longer. Or make it permanent. I think that not being able to use your Q for damage in the meantime would make up for that.

Really, I'd just like to be able to possibly initiate or set up an ult myself(while still hitting a skillshot) without requiring the extreme timing I feel it takes to stack up the two Q hits elsewhere.

agrogan

12-14-2013

This is true he can do damage with out his ult but i never get to use it when do i have time in a team fight to run around and q some one 2 times while they are all popping there ults on me lol

GranspearZX

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnerBlade View Post
Wow, that's pretty mean
What's mean about it? Clearly Yasuo's playstyle isn't for the OP, and there's over 100 to choose from. There are certain picks that you should NEVER make if you're not interested in team play; that was true even BEFORE Yasuo's release.

MaingoSeven

12-14-2013

I don't like the idea of buffing Yasuo directly so soon, I even feel that right now he's very balanced.
We buffed Elise and Zed with better ratios and slabs of power, then nerfs came and instead of hitting those chunks of free power they were given hastily, other mechanics were weakened and watered the characters down a lot.

How about we give it a month before we start flipping **** over Yasuo.

MrFoxx

12-14-2013

I just find it interesting that the lone wondering fugitive needs teamwork to be effective in battle. Makes a lot of sense thematically right?

Lalawooo

12-14-2013

but I thought you don't need to knock up your enemy to use his ult? I saw the champion spotlight and isn't it his ult that knocks them up also?

Shoukansha Ichi

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBGTGBOWFLEX View Post
There's a few difficulties with the EQ combo.

1) Sometimes you REALLY want to e through a creep and then use linear Q to hit the running target. Instead it will trigger an AOE Q a good deal of the time.

2) EQ always seems to activate the Q at the endpoint of the dash rather than mid-dash. Which usually leaves you nowhere near a target if you E through them. If it could go mid dash I think it would be a much better ability. Maybe it can and I'm just doing it wrong or there's lag, but it seems like it just goes off at end of dash (which doesn't really reward fully stacked E + Q + Ulti.
The way it works right now is you press Q while dashing and it queues it up for at the end of the dash.

Avein

12-14-2013

@CertainlyT

I think people are frustrated about the ultimate's reliance on teammates. Aside from champions like Udyr, your ultimate is supposed to be your "game-changing moment". Instead, Yasuo's ultimate is more of a "someone else made a big play, I'll follow on it". I know it's a team game, but in typical solo-queue mentality, everyone wants to "make da playz".

In a different thread, I said one way we could make the Q knock-up more readily available was to allow Sweeping Blade (E) to also generate a charge for Steel Tempest if it goes through an enemy champion. To compensate, also require 4 casts for the knock-up instead of 3. This way, in a teamfight where there are no Q targets available to prime his knock-up, he can instead choose to dash through multiple champions, at the expense of losing a possible escape route.

Are there any flaws with this solution? Have you already tested this and gotten unfavorable results?

Vsin

12-14-2013

Just a question, but is his Ult supposed to work on Knockback CC? I've seen the indicator pop up, but mashing R repeatedly fails to make it work, or the ability just farts and goes on cooldown without any effect. Meanwhile, it still works fine even if you wait until just before a properly knocked up target hits the ground.

Are

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
It's not rude. Every champion plays differently. If you don't like coordinating with your teammates, don't play Yasuo. If you don't like kiting, don't play Ashe. No champion is right for everyone.
Why did we have to rework Kat then