@Riot, about Yasuo Ultimate, let's talk.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thryale

12-14-2013

I just don't like the small window to use it. Often times I miss out when my allies knock ppl up because I can't react fast enough to just the visual que.

CertainlyT, would you be my hero and give us a small audio que as well? I'm able to react to audio que's far faaster than visual ques. Please?

Kyzrathnosh

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Ambulances View Post
There is literally nothing in the ult's tooltip that says they need to be airborne.
"Moves to a unit and strikes them repeatedly for heavy damage. Can only be cast on Airborne targets."

"Can only be cast on Airborne targets."

"Airborne"

I'll just leave this here.

NotBuzzJack

12-14-2013

CertainlyT how does Yasuo's ult interact with Thresh? Does it treat him as if he has a base armor of 12 the whole game?

BRBGTGBOWFLEX

12-14-2013

There's a few difficulties with the EQ combo.

1) Sometimes you REALLY want to e through a creep and then use linear Q to hit the running target. Instead it will trigger an AOE Q a good deal of the time.

2) EQ always seems to activate the Q at the endpoint of the dash rather than mid-dash. Which usually leaves you nowhere near a target if you E through them. If it could go mid dash I think it would be a much better ability. Maybe it can and I'm just doing it wrong or there's lag, but it seems like it just goes off at end of dash (which doesn't really reward fully stacked E + Q + Ulti.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2013

coordinating with teammates to gank with yasuo is fun because it's completely different than any other character. the knockup requirement is what allows yasuo to have such a ridiculous range on his ult

GuyGaymer

12-14-2013

Happy Holidays,dawg.

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2013

Played a game today with Janna, Riven, and Yasuo.

Whenever the three wind fighters were together on the screen, we were unstoppable. Came back from a 4v5 for the first 10 minutes before Jarman finally connected. Battling up hill, finally winning despite having a lower team KD than our opponents.

It was amazing.

Wind synergy. Winergy. (Energy..?)

CataclysmCrash

12-14-2013

Oh damn respect for CertainlyT. Who would of thought.

I had a guy FP Yasou. Another teammate picked Zyra, I picked Naut. We crushed them in team fights.

Pick him with Wukong for wombo combos

medium katarina

12-14-2013

rito i am 2 bad a yasou so i can't even ult in team fight w/o having *list of champs with any displacement at all* on my team to baby sit me ty for listening rito ._.

Riot Wittrock

QA Analyst

12-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
As to point 1, change your Q to smartcast -- the Q is auto-smartcast. The Q3 whirlwind obeys your settings preferences.

As to point 2, I agree. Did some work on improving his EQ combo's fluidity today. Next patch it should feel a little better.
Thx for the response, good stuff on the EQ fluidity, just felt like it has room for improvement.

What I'm trying to say on the smartcast point is that if it's not on smartcast, it's half-and-half anyway, which is super awkward. I feel like it would be more natural if it was on dumbcast for both parts unless you put it on smartcast. (This coming from a player who generally does NOT smart cast.)

If you're still here I thought of another little QoL thing too: The indicator on what you've already dashed through is good, plus the timer, but I feel like some sort of sound indicator when you try to E a target that you can't E to would be nice. Maybe use the sound it makes when you try to cast an ability you don't have any skill points in.

He's a really 'technical' champion I would say, so as many ways to make playing him feel smooth, the better