Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 473 23.90%
Needs Slight alterations 629 31.78%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 877 44.32%
Voters: 1979. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glumduk

12-18-2013

In my senior year of art school, I had faculty critiques less harsh than this thread.
Dayum.

I think the skin is fine as it is. I think there are a lot of 'harsh for the sake of being harsh' posts in this thread.

Tricky Rick

12-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumduk View Post
In my senior year of art school, I had faculty critiques less harsh than this thread.
Dayum.

I think the skin is fine as it is. I think there are a lot of 'harsh for the sake of being harsh' posts in this thread.
46.38% and rising.

Edit: switch majors before it's too late.

invincible13matt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2013

Why isn't there an option for, "I dislike this skin, but I'm not such knee-jerking **** that I want it to not exist." ?

No amount of alterations is going to make this a skin I want to buy. I get the cultural reference, but apart from the "moon" aspect, Chang'E and Diana don't seem to relate to each other at all. The first time I looked at the skin, the only thing that I could identify as really being "Diana" was the khopesh. It was such a drastic departure from her that it was like looking at old Soraka vs new Soraka - almost a different character.

As far as this being more "elegant" or "graceful" because it has less armor...that's kind of a silly idea, since Diana was always graceful and elegant, regardless of the weight she carried, at least in my mind. This just doesn't seem like either an extension of Diana or a different fanatasy even related to her - it's like Heavy Weapons Guy's Fairy Princess costume from a couple years ago, which works because it's patently ridiculous. This... not as much, at least not in America, or Europe, perhaps. It might sell in the Asian regions, but honestly, I expect sales to be either minimal or motivated solely by people who are still upset about the Dark Valkyrie headdress ****.

Also, her hair reminds me of Pearl Fey, and that creeps me out a bit. Wouldn't want to be getting flashes of, "OH GOD, I GOT PEARL KILLED."

Finch Toast

12-18-2013

Did a touch up before I go eat downvote or upvote as you please.
Attachment 860488
Edit: The helm is poorly drawn cause i was just trying to see what it was like without the hair.

Teysa Karlovv

12-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch Toast View Post
Attachment 860488
Edit: The helm is poorly drawn cause i was just trying to see what it was like without the hair.

This would have me sold. Doubt they will remove the hair loops due to the reference unfortunately.

Finch Toast

12-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teysa Karlovv View Post
This would have me sold. Doubt they will remove the hair loops due to the reference unfortunately.
True. I actually made a variation awhile back (though actual drawing not model edit) that placed the loops on the side instead of the top of the head. There were a few people who liked it that way though dislike it on top. That way it would retain the reference but with a different flair

Now that im looking at that picture though I wish the hair'tie' was further up so we could still have that beautiful movement of dianas hair at the bottom like in her base.

Peridition

12-18-2013

It looks a lot better without the hair loops. It maintains her sleek look much better.

SlumlordThanatos

12-18-2013

Quote:
Attachment 860488
I also like how the purple is less striking than the original. If it's too bright, it's just garish. A bit more subtlety went a long way.

It's not great, but that's a lot better, and all you did was tone down some colors.

kjj92

12-18-2013

Quote:
Attachment 860488
That looks a lot better, and lunary

kjj92

12-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teysa Karlovv View Post
I'm Chinese, and her hair is actually very different than what Chang'e is usually depicted, it's hardly a refrence and it looks awkward and ugly, plus Diana is not a good choice for this theme at the first place(Karma would fit better, Soraka too). Smite's Chang'e is more like it