Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.30%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.61%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.09%
Voters: 1996. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallize View Post
Silver Lunari sounds better to me.

I was thinking maybe Steel Lunari.

Steel is close to Stylus in sound?

DarkflameShyvana

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryad Soraka View Post
I mean, I like her outfit but the hair (the asian loopy things on top of her head) are so ugly it makes me want to puke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Silverkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
If I remember correctly.. and I don't know that I am.. I think it was scrapped for being below our quality standards for some reason. Not sure why and I'm definitely not an authority on that so take it with a grain of salt.
Below quality standards, so it was scrapped.

Meanwhile, Quinn....

Finch Toast

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverkillz View Post
Below quality standards, so it was scrapped.

Meanwhile, Quinn....
What's wrong with quinn :c I love her base and skin. I just wish there wasnt double birds on phoenix as well as her cape-esque things geometry was fixed.

Metallize

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntencti View Post
loooll, riot cant admit the skin sucks... haha. No matter what proof you see through polls, % wise etc.. Riot cant admit they made a bad skin at the end of the day LOL.

All because "We think its great and blah blah" so your opinions are only considered if "we" like them LOL !.
The skin doesn't sucks. You just have a different taste, and it wasn't what you were expecting.I really like the skin since it is about a Chinese Goddess. Not all Diana skins will be related to her way to be or her emotions. If skins would need to be related to the champion's lore then Ezreal shouldn't or wouldn't have Pulsefire Ezreal.

Spinnerlink

12-17-2013

Hey Ironstylus, has there been anythought on making a skin of leona thats luna like Diana is? A Diana Solari and Leona with lunari(is that what its called?) looks?
It would be neat to see.

GwingMaster

12-17-2013

Quote:
Well, personally, and this is JUST personal preference and is in no means in the works would be the Solari throwback skin or something Bloodlord themed.

I would love a Solari throwback for her (Leona is an amazing looking character and it would be very cool to see Diana interpreted in a similar way).

Just a thought on the skin - for me the core issue isn't so much any specific part of the outfit, but rather that this just doesn't really feel like Diana anymore. Compare this to some of Leona's skins - you guys did a great job of making Leona look distinctive in her new outfits without losing the "heavy armored battlequeen" concept. She can look elegant (Valkyrie Leona) or futuristic (Defender) but she still always looks like Leona (i'm giving the pool party skin a pass because its meant to be humorous).

When I look at Diana, I love how ferocious and ghostly she comes across. Everything from her facial expression to her armor to even the way her hair flows (not to mention the color) screams "brutal warrior of the night" to me. The Dark Valkyrie skin manages to maintain this while radically changing her appearance. This Lunar Revel skin just doesn't have the same effect. The face has lost its foreboding expression, the hair feels delicate instead of free-flowing and wild, and the lack of armor just kinda saps away the imposing effect her release skins carried. Perhaps some of your proposed tweaks will fix some of these issues, but I fear the problem is less about the execution of the skin and more about the concept in general.

I don't think you should scrap the project, but I do hope that any future skins for the champ get back to expressing these core aspects of the character. It's nice that you're trying something different on her, I just think perhaps you've strayed a bit far away from what makes her so awesome.

Thanks for listening to feedback and for all the awesome work you do. I look forward to future skins!

Vortex IV

Recruiter

12-17-2013

Quote:
But, if it's still not something everyone loves, believe me, there are many good ideas for Diana that we can try next
Yeah it still looks terrible, and why is anyone going to believe what I quoted when you aren't doing anything about the abomination we're dealing with now? Are you going to conjure up another idea that nobody likes and then not listen to anyone about that skin at all? Can't wait for that!

Zordrath

12-17-2013

Quote:
Well, personally, and this is JUST personal preference and is in no means in the works would be the Solari throwback skin or something Bloodlord themed.
All of my YES!

Koggy

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobiwobi View Post
after mixing few versions/edits made by Xokolade I made two version that may somehow work for that whole concept of Lunar Event and still look cool/badass

blue dress similar to what he have on actual model + blue fits Diana after all
Attachment 858588

bright red because woooo Lunar Revel, Chinese New Year, etc. must have aspect
Attachment 858589
  • black colors to give this skin more serious aka Diana character because pure bright/happy colorss look bad on her,
  • long delicate sleeves that match her dress + her bracers (aspect of "fighter") are still visible,
  • her dress and those bandages on thighs can be also purple but I left them black/dark grey just to match her bracers, stocking-boots and black inner dress/bra,
  • not spiky shoulder pads,
  • loose hair without hair loop on top of her hair BUT braids/hair loops on side connected to that gold hair accessory and can be also good replacement without making her head look weird and in same time it would keep Asian hairstyle/hair addition
  • Moon Mark/Heretic Mark > metallic/gold ornament nuff said
  • pale skin because for weird reason people can't imagine/accept Diana having normal or slightly tanned skin (because she can't use solarium/solarbeds just for the Lunar Event right?)
summary:
fighter/warrior aspects:
  • bracers/studded leather gloves (elbow gloves)
  • bandages made from elastic titanium on her thighs so no arrow will pierce it + no pervert can see most of her sexy thighs
  • shoulder pads
  • bra/inner dress made from black stlyish magic kevlar that protect her from all those firearm users
  • she knows kung-fu and moon-jitsu so don't even try to think about pervy things since she don't wear her Dark Valkyrie chain mail bikini or Lunari full bodysuit
  • OH COME ON PEOPLE SHE HAVE HER MOON BLADE! it's like pure symbol of fighter/warrior

goddess/lady aspects:
  • delicate classy dress with bell bottom sleeves
  • gold gold gold
  • stocking-boots - aka sexy stuff that also Syndra wears
  • long beautiful black hair
  • golden headdress
  • hair accessories
  • short skirt
  • make-up
  • panties with Leona image on them (OTP)
  • optional: braids/hair loops on both sides

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
just in case all/most of "Moon Goddess" art that appeared in this thread:
http://imgur.com/a/wuiQx 31 images
I agree with you and xokolade I really love this second drawing but I have a couple suggestions too.
I think she needs more jade, not overboard just a touch like making the shoulder pad diskie thingies jade, the golden v on her chest, jade fringe on her leg wraps, a string of jade beads in her hair or a jade ribbon, or maybe even her forehead tattoo recolored jade. I am just think it will accent her theme well to add some jade. I also wonder if it would be possible for someone to change her hair from all black to black fading into signature Di silvery white.
I think if Mr Parrot recolored this skin and changed the and headress to the one shown in this nice lovely picture it would be one of the best skins in game.
And also a request about her khopesh/chopsickle. Would it be possible to add a dragon head to the tip instead of a point? I know, I know but then it would not be all stabby and lethal, I just believe it can help add to whole Lunar Revel ceremonial theme if her blade looked more ceremonial. ( I really like the rest of it though)
A dragon head like this:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20..._Magicbugz.jpg
Thanks for looking