Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 484 24.27%
Needs Slight alterations 630 31.59%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.13%
Voters: 1994. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyriella

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murxx View Post
It's not just about being a hater. How can you even justify releasing this skin on a champion with only 1 skin, that's been around for 16 months when other incredible skins exist. The skin is garbage, plain and simple. I am personally not a fan of the elegant soft look. But even if that's what they are going to stick with, make it a better skin.
Again your opinion. Get the rest of the polls and other chats about this skin from other countries and if they are also complaining I will change my view

Otherwise, its not even that apparent.

ArmySquirrel

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
...In what world? It took Ahri over an entire year to get another skin, granted it's an *awesome* skin, but nonetheless. If you're pulling this "six month" line, you could have easily not dropped the ball on Valentine's Ahri that I personally brought up to you more than once as well as mentioning it on the board. Or pool party Ahri, since apparently, as usual, one event skin for a female is enough (color me surprised this Snowdown, for once.)

Granted the pool party would have been cutting it close, but nothing at all would have stopped you from the super appropriate Valentine's Ahri then releasing Popstahri this fall, if you seriously think any champ gets skins every six months. And again, that's one of the most popular champions in the game.

Diana? Don't kid yourself. There's no way in hell she's going to have another skin six months from now. Heck, even another example--Where the *heck* is that new "appropriate" Lux skin we were told is coming sooner than most?
If you actually worked at Riot, what you said would be valid. Instead, you, a random guy off the street who does not actually work at Riot, is telling a guy who actually does work at Riot that there is no way another Diana skin is going to get made in six months time. Yes, there is evidence to support that this would be the case, and sure IronStylus probably doesn't have definitive say in management, but it's still ridiculous to say when, if Riot wanted to, they could release nothing but Teemo skins all year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
That being said, I do like this Diana skin for the most part, or at least I expect to once makeup is added.
But at least you like the skin.

infinity2quared

12-17-2013

I'm honestly content with the model itself. HOWEVER--and I don't know whether this is just a case of the available model being incomplete--but I cannot imagine myself being satisfied with this skin unless it has new particle effects. IMO--red or orange particle effects--but definitely not the original ones.

I do like the idea of a less-armored Diana, however.

Ro11MeAnotherJ

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?
cant remember if steel legion lux was a replace a stupid lux skin that didnt need to be made kinda like this one for diana . or if it got voted to not be made but that was the last time I saw this happen over a skin .. if it was that there was a skin that got scraped and you guys made steel legion it didn't take mouths .. so i dont know why you would try and make us think that

DemonicAuror

12-17-2013

Ironstylus i know you dont have final say in how this skin is released. But if this skin is released in its current state then something is really wrong with RIOT. When someone conducts a study with a sample size of 1350 (which is a good sample size) and 1000+ of those are saying this skin needs to be altered, with the majority of those believing that thematically they just dont like this skin and it should be redone, a good business move is to change it.

A while back we were promised diana would finally get a skin soon since she has nothing but her release skin, then we were finally provided with some previews. As i clicked i felt all warm, fuzzy and excited, then i actually saw the preview. As i already stated me and a lot of others were expecting something more unique. I'm severely disappointed right now

The Aviatrix

12-17-2013

I am, once again, going to say I will most likely buy this skin.

I like it a LOT more than Dark Valkyrie - which I don't care for.
I even like it more than her base skin.
This skin may be my motivation to play Diana.

As I said before, there are some tweaks that could be made to make her read as Diana more. Some of the color changes that have been made by fans looked nice when lightening the colors.
And I really detest her blue stockings.

But I like the skin and look forward to its release.
I like the fabric draping and hope that no armor is going to make it to the final product honestly. Why? Because, to me, this skin reads as a world where moon worship was accepted by the solari and the populace of Runeterra. This is the skin that would be worn by the chosen on a lunar festival had there never been a need to go to war.

I felt the need to post again because there are people who like the skin out there and I appreciate the work that has been done on this skin. (Especially the fabric draping. I even think that could translate to reality quite well.)

Dryad Soraka

12-17-2013

her hair is so UGLY OMG

The Aviatrix

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro11MeAnotherJ View Post
cant remember if steel legion lux was a replace a stupid lux skin that didnt need to be made kinda like this one for diana . or if it got voted to not be made but that was the last time I saw this happen over a skin .. if it was that there was a skin that got scraped and you guys made steel legion it didn't take mouths .. so i dont know why you would try and make us think that
I remember the release of Steel Legion Lux quite well... The forums were in an uproar over Lux getting ANOTHER military-esque skin. Fans were furious about the choice of skin to be made when there were so many good fan concepts of skins (sound familiar?).
That one is my favorite Lux skin and made me start playing a fair amount of Lux. It's also the skin I see played the most. Despite the intense negativity on the forums Steel Legion Lux turned out to be a rather popular skin.

Edited for clarity

ArmySquirrel

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicAuror View Post
Ironstylus i know you dont have final say in how this skin is released. But if this skin is released in its current state then something is really wrong with RIOT. When someone conducts a study with a sample size of 1350 (which is a good sample size) and 1000+ of those are saying this skin needs to be altered, with the majority of those believing that thematically they just dont like this skin and it should be redone, a good business move is to change it.
This is generally true, though it is early to say that they are shipping without alterations. This has only been discussed for at best 3 working days. I also don't think a complete redo is in question right now. The skin is 80-90% done. See Steel Legion Lux. The discussion should focus on alterations to the skin to improve it. Given the potential six month time table, scrapping the Diana skin now could result in the projected being abandoned entirely and re-slotted for development time at a later date to avoid messing up the timelines for other projects. Rengar, Kha'Zix, Syndra, Zed, and Nami all have been out for over a year without a new skin, and champion production is at an all-time low. It is not unfeasible that management would make such a decision.

I feel the topic should focus on discussing ways of improving the skin for its eventual release and on discussing what we want in the next skin when it comes up, rather than arguing that the skin should be scrapped. As people have said, there is no guarantee a new skin will be slotted to be made in six months, but if this skin is scrapped, essentially we're asking for a new skin to be slotted to be made in six months. There is no guarantee of either.

ArmySquirrel

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro11MeAnotherJ View Post
Steel Legion Lux was the skin that caused that great controversy, as people wanted something more like Spellthief Lux, rather than another military skin for her. Steel Legion was not a quick replacement skin after the outcry, rather that controversial skin was released anyway because it was virtually a finished skin, with just particle work needed. Scrapping it at that point basically just meant they did not press the "Release Skin" button. Riot said they would save the criticism and use it for when they do the next Lux skin, which was suggested might be soon, but based on a recent red post it seems it got delayed due to there being a number of other champions without even a second skin yet.

I kind of expect something similar here, though there may be time for some alterations before the Lunar Revel. It is difficult to say how much alteration can be made because it's only a little over a month out, and a lot of people are going to be on vacation starting right around now and lasting through New Year's.