Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 471 23.90%
Needs Slight alterations 624 31.66%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 876 44.44%
Voters: 1971. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daryslash

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?
That's why the option actually says "should have scraped", not "scrap it now". It is just there to show that the level of disappointment of people who choose it is higher than the people who chose the second one.

Anyways, I loved the Awakened Being reference. You got "all my upvotes" from now on if we get to see an Awakened Being legendary skin for her someday.

Or some banana skin. Yellow and blue, with a giant banana as a weapon. Someone draw a concept of this, please.

Wolféran Maximus

12-17-2013

Dear GD... let's give up.
Seriously we can't stop the new skin incoming.
Sadly for us we were expecting a lot more after 16 months of her debut but this is what we will get.
We just gonna have to accept this new skin and move on.
Some will get it some will not. That is how it is.
I for one will stay with classic Diana and keep playing her because I love playing as Diana.
Maybe the next skin after this one will be... I don't know... slightly better?
Let's just hope we don't have to wait another 16 months for a new Diana skin.
Personally I just want to say thanks to everyone here that took their time to show love to Diana.
She is pretty forgotten. You almost never see her on Normals (Blind Pick/Draft) and Ranked.
So thank you very much for your honest opinions everyone. Happy Holidays to all!

tecknogekko

12-17-2013

Quote:
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?
What's wrong with that? You guys did it for Scorched Earth Renekton even though everyone seemed to like that one... Then you give him pool party... I'd very much prefer to see that Awakened Diana you were talking about than this one.

Neo Cyrus

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolféran Maximus View Post
Dear GD... let's give up.
Seriously we can't stop the new skin incoming.
Sadly for us we were expecting a lot more after 16 months of her debut but this is what we will get.
We just gonna have to accept this new skin and move on.
Some will get it some will not. That is how it is.
I for one will stay with classic Diana and keep playing her because I love playing as Diana.
Maybe the next skin after this one will be... I don't know... slightly better?
Let's just hope we don't have to wait another 16 months for a new Diana skin.
Personally I just want to say thanks to everyone here that took their time to show love to Diana.
She is pretty forgotten. You almost never see her on Normals (Blind Pick/Draft) and Ranked.
So thank you very much for your honest opinions everyone. Happy Holidays to all!
The reason you don't see her often in ranked is because everyone knows the higher the Elo the harder it is to make her work. Her average win rate in Diamond is what now? 42%? And that's as high as it's been in a long time not to mention artificially inflated due to the fact that only mains play her these days. If it was a popular champion that number would be significantly lower.

The problem is her entire kit makes her a hyper pub stomp champ if she was balanced around Diamond or even Platinum. There would be a new ocean from the tears of Bronze and Silver players.

There was a huge buff Diana thread which was answered by what could be summarized as "lulz no, because we think she's strong". Okay. It's rare to see anyone make her work in Diamond, there's the rare exceptions like Shiphtur but that guy could have a 70% win rate playing mid Urgot. Bringing him up is the same as people crying that Ahri/Riven/Gragas are OP because of things Faker can do.

As for the topic. Fix the eyes, clean her feet and give her some ears (yes she has no ears) and I'd be happy. Well, not happy, I don't like the loops at all. The first two are small texture changes which honestly can be done within minutes.

I'm surprised no one notices these things. I sit like 70cm away from my monitor and it's pretty obvious.

DuCiella

12-17-2013

I just want to put in my two cents because I feel bad that this skin is getting bashed so much.

Basically, I don't just like this skin, I adore it. A few days back, I was saying I'd probably play Diana more if there was a skin for her that I liked and then this came out. This is exactly what I'd been hoping for. I love the softness of it, the way it takes her hardboiled look and puts her in a sweeter light. I'll buy the champion just for this skin. Just because some people don't like it doesn't mean it should be scrapped at all, especially if we're just going to have to wait for another Diana skin that we would probably get at the same time anyway.

I want to share my support for the artist.

ArmySquirrel

12-17-2013

Quote:
Please don't, I personally like this skin. >.> Don't listen to him, IronStylus! His name is just a random hash! The skin may not intrinsically appeal to the entire human race, but I think the people who don't like it are honestly just being very selfish by demanding the skin be canned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d242cebc598b32da71cc View Post
46% of "scrap this skin" is super-rare. Honnestly, I rarely seen this in the last 3 or 4 years. (if ever)

This topic is 65 pages long for a reason.
I understand the skin may not be everyone's cup of tea. This is the nature of skins, or champions for that instance, and well, life in general. I think that most people are focusing on relatively small flaws in an unfinished skin, but sometimes even minor flaws can stick out to someone like a sore thumb, making it difficult to appreciate what is good about something. I think with just a few changes in coloring and texture and maybe a minor model change here and there that the majority will come around and opinions will drastically shift.

Besides, scrapping is hardly the ideal solution. Not every skin is for everyone, so the solution is clear, they'll just have to make more Diana skins~ I mean just because they released one skin doesn't mean they ignore the champion for a year or more.

Saint Latona

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
Why does it get a headdress. Dark Valkyrie wasn't allowed to have a headdress because it covered her moon symbol. This skin has a headdress that covers her moon symbol.

This irks me severely.
The headdress has a moon symbol. You just need to look harder at the skin image.

Kyriella

12-17-2013

Frankly, Stylus, If you release another Diana concept for next year for another skin, give more time for feedback and changes, not because its too soon, that's a small window of opportunity for any changes other than slight modifications and others that no one wants, that way we can wait for it to look different and see if we can compromise.

Again though, this is a small Diana community compared to the entire League community which includes the rest of the other regions and servers, and frankly we don't really have much of a say in the matter. I feel bad for the people who are trying to put down suggestions, and now majority of them are just sounding like whining spoiled kids who just got the present they wanted all year for Christmas, and they decided to change their mind to see if they can get something better the last second.

Regardless of 45% or not, Were not even close to the number of people who haven't even said anything this is just for NA. I'm just glad Stylus is actually dealing with this. Sorry Mr Parrot that you have to deal with these haters.

Tricky Rick

12-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyriella View Post

Regardless of 45% or not, Were not even close to the number of people who haven't even said anything this is just for NA. I'm just glad Stylus is actually dealing with this. Sorry Mr Parrot that you have to deal with these haters.
It's not just about being a hater. How can you even justify releasing this skin on a champion with only 1 skin, that's been around for 16 months when other incredible skins exist. The skin is garbage, plain and simple. I am personally not a fan of the elegant soft look. But even if that's what they are going to stick with, make it a better skin.

Avalon Bright

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2013

Quote:
Why does this skin mean no Diana skins for a while? We're talking what.. 6 months or more?
...In what world? It took Ahri over an entire year to get another skin, granted it's an *awesome* skin, but nonetheless. If you're pulling this "six month" line, you could have easily not dropped the ball on Valentine's Ahri that I personally brought up to you more than once as well as mentioning it on the board. Or pool party Ahri, since apparently, as usual, one event skin for a female is enough (color me surprised this Snowdown, for once.)

Granted the pool party would have been cutting it close, but nothing at all would have stopped you from the super appropriate Valentine's Ahri then releasing Popstahri this fall, if you seriously think any champ gets skins every six months. And again, that's one of the most popular champions in the game.

Diana? Don't kid yourself. There's no way in hell she's going to have another skin six months from now. Heck, even another example--Where the *heck* is that new "appropriate" Lux skin we were told is coming sooner than most?

That being said, I do like this Diana skin for the most part, or at least I expect to once makeup is added. The only problem I have with it is the same problem I have with Diana in general--the obsession with yanking her hair back to ridiculous levels to show off her Fivehead, when, again, any look at some Exalted artwork will show you how to show off forehead marks without terrible hairstyles.