Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 486 24.34%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.60%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.07%
Voters: 1997. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terragnar

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I love the Justicar stuff, too. Justicar Syndra is probably one of the best release skins in a very long time (although her orbs are a bit hard to see)
Agreed. I was super pleased when I found out that her alternative skin was so wonderfully crafted, easily one of the best designed ones yet. Would have been nice to add some dialogue changes to reflect the Justicar look, since her armor and clothing give a brighter and positive appearance, but I'm not too bothered by it. In fact I don't even notice it anymore.

Also, isn't the other one Justicar Aatrox? Or does Varus have one too that I didn't know about?

Epichuntarz

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empyrius View Post
Riven only has 5 skins currently and is getting another soon. 3 of her skins she was released with.

Origional Riven 9-14-11
Crimson elite 9-14-11
Redeemed riven 9-14-11

About 7 months after Battle bunny 4-6-12

Another 6 monthsChampionship riven 10-14-12

after 1 yr 3 months about 1-11-14 Dragon blade Riven
The REALLY amazing part is how Battle Bunny Riven came out SEVEN MONTHS after the release of Riven. SEVEN-it's one of the most popular skins in the game, really doesn't fit the THEME of Riven at all.

Riven is this sorta Joan of Arc crusader type butchy chick, and the Battle Bunny skin pretty much just makes her sexy looking instead of butchy looking. It has nothing to do with Riven, her personality, or her 'theme' as a champion-it was just a popular idea that turned into a skin REALLY quickly.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. LOTS of skins don't have a "theme" that relates to who the champion is or what that champion stands for-but the skin looks super cool and got made.

I don't understand:

A) why skins are taking so long
B) Diana's skins are held to a different standard than other champions as far as theme/relation to her personality
C) why skins are taking so long.

KyreeXD

12-16-2013

This skin does not look like Diana it just does not look like our Other worldly glowing avatar of the moon. Another problem is if this skin is supposed to be inspired by a goddess then why does she look so human like she just looks like a woman dressed up. Not a avatar of the moon not a goddess of the moon just a regular person.I love Diana and i want her to have a great skin that looks awesome but this could have been so much more and i find it a little hard not to be a little upset by so much missed potential.

kirby145x

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?
I don't play Diana so I can't really comment much on the skin.

But if it was for a champion I mained, and the skin was not the theme I wanted, yea I'd be ok if you pushed out a different theme skin very soon after.

As far as this skin goes, I think people just didn't want that theme on her. It's for the Lunar Revel, and I think that's cool. But not everyone is looking forward to that event-themed skin. There will be plenty of people who like the theme and maybe even buy all the LR skins.

People are under the assumption she wont get more skins because the skins we are getting are coming out at a very slow pace (compared to before). And that's perfectly fine, but how can we be sure that Riot wont say, "she got a skin, let's do another champion now."

Fortunately I am getting a Tryndamere skin. I still would like more particles and effects on it, which it doesn't seem to have. It's got to stand up to Demonblade Tryndamere which I can already use.

But I've been waiting on Poppy for ages. And almost a year for Xin.

Shentok

12-16-2013

This kind of reminds me when you guys randomly changed Dark Valkyrie Diana when everyone was happy with it. Just a random change out of nowhere to a skin that people didn't like at first. Some people like it now, but I feel that's either because they never saw the original or have just forgotten about it. Still kinda the reason I don't play Diana because I don't like the redesigned DV skin I bought, but I won't refund for it because I still like the concept even though the redone execution was bad.

kinbountykin

12-16-2013

Quote:
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?
Honestly, yes. This skin doesn't represent Diana at all. I'm sorry but why not have both the eclipse skin AND this one? The fact that you scrapped an eclipse-esque skin in favor of this breaks my heart.

kinbountykin

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesouroDeRaio View Post
One more variation:

Attachment 858908

- Less saturation
- Purple harmony color
- Added some drawings on her dress
- A mix between the default and pale skin tone
RIOT/PARROT PLZ. SOOOOO much better.

LtSmashFSP

12-16-2013

Quote:
Why does this skin mean no Diana skins for a while? We're talking what.. 6 months or more? I don't feel that's the end of the world. Also, if we have an opportunity, then we'll make something new and awesome. As I've said, she would have had a skin out earlier except that skin was pushed in order to make room for Lunar Revel. In all honesty, that proposed skin was more like the "Eclipse Diana", but honestly, I wasn't really happy with it in it's simplicity, and it would have crowded out other skins. The Change'E inspiration was elegant, unique, and something we'd certainly not get a chance to do for a while. So, even if you're not partial to it, we've at least got it checked off the list and can move onto more ideas that hopefully you will like.

Zyra is a very particular case. Zyra has pretty much the most skin assets in our entire game. Making skins for her is extremely demanding and requires a ton of work in terms of model assets, VFX and animations. Diana is definitely easier than that.

Also, remember. You're pretty much talking to the guy who wants TONS of skins for Diana. I want an elegant skin along the lines of Eclipse, I want something crazy gory along the lines of Blood Lord Vlad, I'd like to see the Solari Diana come to life, and I'd REALLY like to see a bananas crazy legendary skin for her at some point where she's all Awakened Being or something nuts. Believe me, I have some ideas.

I understand the lack of some transparency, and I'll do what I can to advocate for more. I don't know if that'll happen. Not everyone is as active as I am or likes.. ya know.. writing.

Again, I do like that we're having this discussion. I treat the votes in this poll as saying half of the people voting for the skin like it so long as it has a few tweaks, and for the others, it's not their particular cup of tea as it stands on PBE, which isn't even it's finished state. If it's not those people's favorite, no problem. There will be more skins to come for her.
Parrot I love you because you had a major hand in making Diana and she is why I started playing League. I am gonna buy the skin because I love Diana but I do feel like it is a little lackluster. I almost feel like a fiery red theme would have been better done but that is just my opinion. I feel like the color scheme is a little too cheery for her. Yes I know that skins can be fun but this just seems formal and out of character. This is just my thought but I thank you for my waifu Diana. She is definitely one of my favorite and reliable champions.

Daemon

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terragnar View Post
Agreed. I was super pleased when I found out that her alternative skin was so wonderfully crafted, easily one of the best designed ones yet. Would have been nice to add some dialogue changes to reflect the Justicar look, since her armor and clothing give a brighter and positive appearance, but I'm not too bothered by it. In fact I don't even notice it anymore.

Also, isn't the other one Justicar Aatrox? Or does Varus have one too that I didn't know about?

Arclight Varus is the "Justicar" skin for him. When it came out, they said it was what Varus looked like when he harnessed the power of the corruption, but before it consumed him. Justicar Aatrox is the version of Aatrox that people see when he saves them (he's kind of like a war god?)

So it'd make sense for Diana to have a similar skin. She was part of the Solari (and I think Pantheon's tribe by extension; the Solari are part of the Rakkor, but like a special sect of them?) before embracing the power of the moon.

0xiDIzE

12-16-2013

I'm fine with Riot releasing all these bad-looking skins. Saves me money.