Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.31%
Needs Slight alterations 630 31.58%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.11%
Voters: 1995. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkflameShyvana

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
People would love recolors... sell 'em for 375 or 450 or something.

C'mon, it's about time.

Heck, 5xx for two slight cosmetic changes (e.g. weapon alteration/new headpiece) & a recolour.
520 is already the standard price for recolours...

Epichuntarz

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Diana is probably one of the easiest newer champions to create a skin for. She doesn't have tons of fancy assets and abilities like Jinx or even Yasuo. She's relatively straightforward, kind of like older champions. For example, to make a Jinx skin, you'd need to model all three of her weapons, new traps, new ult missile, etc. Diana is just creating a new model and new particles.
If this is the case, why did it take a year and a half to come out with...this? Why was the release skin basically purple Diana with some darker/purple particles?

Epichuntarz

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesouroDeRaio View Post
One more variation:

Attachment 858908

- Less saturation
- Purple harmony color
- Added some drawings on her dress
- A mix between the default and pale skin tone
Would be about 10x more likely to buy this than the version that will probably go live.

Terragnar

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlternateJ View Post
Maybe this idea has been tossed out before, but I would absolutely love a Justicar or Arclight Diana. I know that theme is kind of Ionia themed (Syndra, Varus) but the idea of Diana had she embraced the sun or rather just having angelic, flowing white cloth armor would look so elegant and be such an interesting take on one of the most interesting champions within League of Legends.

On topic: I actually like the base skin, I like the way it moves. I just hope that her particles aren't just a simply recolor though seeing as she is 975 and unique particles would be so kewl X3

Keep up the quality work Ironstylus & Team
Totally agree with this post. Very positive. Nice to see a change from all the negativity. I love the Justicar stuff, even though they're not super common.

I think for me, the biggest thing is her skin color. It doesn't fit her theme as the pale moon. I'm completely fine with the eastern theme it sets, but if she had a pale skin tone, would make her stand out, sort of like "a white wolf among the sun-splashed easterners", if that makes sense.

Her overall look sets a different mood completely, and not what'd you expect for a moon based assassin. But I don't think it's a bad thing, just different. Although I feel the skin color should reflect that. Might just be me, but as someone who moves under cover of night, would only make sense.

Ostrava

12-16-2013

I really like the skin sure it needs a few changes but I don't see whats so terrible about it at least wait until you see the particles before you raise your pitchforks.

Finch Toast

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrava View Post
I really like the skin sure it needs a few changes but I don't see whats so terrible about it at least wait until you see the particles before you raise your pitchforks.
I am excited to see the particles. hopefully they will be out soon

JoshuaRobinnn

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrava View Post
Particles are not what you walk around as though. If you don't like the model but love the particles are you more or less likely to buy the skin?

For me, I would rather like the model. I love Tango TF which is just TF lookin' fancy (dat Rose) but with the same ol' particles. I hate Celestine Soraka but looooove the particles. Guess which skin I own?

Daemon

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terragnar View Post
Totally agree with this post. Very positive. Nice to see a change from all the negativity. I love the Justicar stuff, even though they're not super common.

I think for me, the biggest thing is her skin color. It doesn't fit her theme as the pale moon. I'm completely fine with the eastern theme it sets, but if she had a pale skin tone, would make her stand out, sort of like "a white wolf among the sun-splashed easterners", if that makes sense.

Her overall look sets a different mood completely, and not what'd you expect for a moon based assassin. But I don't think it's a bad thing, just different. Although I feel the skin color should reflect that.

I love the Justicar stuff, too. Justicar Syndra is probably one of the best release skins in a very long time (although her orbs are a bit hard to see)

Cronowolf

12-16-2013

I'm going to try give useful feedback on this but I have to admit I was really disappointed with this skin. I feel like I have waited for a very long time to get something new for her and the first riot came out with is very geographically centric. I was completely fine with the LuBu Jarvan skin because they already had some quality options for those of us who don't understand the reference and think the swooping back feathers are ridiculous. I've been waiting a long time for a little love for Diana and where they could have picked a skin that would have appealed to the majority of the worldwide Diana players. I feel like they just focused on a subset and while Iron can say there's a lot more ideas coming down the pipeline I know for a fact that its been a really long time just getting the first. Please Ironstylus, don't create geographically centric skins as the first one made.

Finch Toast

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronowolf View Post
I'm going to try give useful feedback on this but I have to admit I was really disappointed with this skin. I feel like I have waited for a very long time to get something new for her and the first riot came out with is very geographically centric. I was completely fine with the LuBu Jarvan skin because they already had some quality options for those of us who don't understand the reference and think the swooping back feathers are ridiculous. I've been waiting a long time for a little love for Diana and where they could have picked a skin that would have appealed to the majority of the worldwide Diana players. I feel like they just focused on a subset and while Iron can say there's a lot more ideas coming down the pipeline I know for a fact that its been a really long time just getting the first. Please Ironstylus, don't create geographically centric skins as the first one made.
I dont really mind the inspired skins but i believe they are pushing to hard with the theme sometimes heres a nice thread about this http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4123880 slightly