Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 479 24.11%
Needs Slight alterations 629 31.66%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 879 44.24%
Voters: 1987. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Empyrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrgos View Post
Sorry Parrot, you know I very much respect & appreciate you.

But when you try to call out hyperbolic statements elsewhere in this thread & devise a statement like this... it's hurtful & appears ignorant/unfounded.

The reason why it means no Diana skins for a while is this:

Zyra – 7/24/2012
Haunted Zyra – 11/29/2013
1yr 4mo 5d

Diana – 08/07/2012
Lunar Goddess Diana – 12/??/2013
1yr 4mo ?d

Rengar – 8/21/2012
??? - ???
1yr 3mo 25d & counting

Syndra – 09/13/2012
??? - ???
1yr 3mo 3d & counting

Kha’Zix – 09/27/2012
??? - ???
1yr 2mo 19d & counting

Elise – 10/26/2012
Victorious Elise – 11/11/2013
1yr 0mo 15d & exclusive/limited

Zed – 11/13/2012
??? - ???
1yr 1mo 3d & counting

Nami – 12/07/2012
??? - ???
1yr 0mo 9d & counting

Quinn – 01/03/2013
??? - ???
0yr 11mo 13d & counting

ZAC – 03/29/2013
??? - ???
0yr 8mo 17d & counting

As you can see, this' merely a listing of champions awaiting or having recently received their first post-release skins.

To place the low-end delimiter at 6 months, even despite the "and more", feels like a slap in the face to us who try to wait patiently.

Especially when you consider champions like Tryndamere & Riven who will now have 6 & 7 skins respectively.
Riven only has 5 skins currently and is getting another soon. 3 of her skins she was released with.

Origional Riven 9-14-11
Crimson elite 9-14-11
Redeemed riven 9-14-11

About 7 months after Battle bunny 4-6-12

Another 6 monthsChampionship riven 10-14-12

after 1 yr 3 months about 1-11-14 Dragon blade Riven

Ralik098

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empyrius View Post
Riven only has 5 skins currently and is getting another soon. 3 of her skins she was released with.

Origional Riven 9-14-11
Crimson elite 9-14-11
Redeemed riven 9-14-11

About 7 months after Battle bunny 4-6-12

Another 6 monthsChampionship riven 10-14-12

after 1 yr 3 months about 1-11-14 Dragon blade Riven
Must be nice to get one so frequently.

Empyrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2013

I do have a question about priority though, i do agree that champions who have more champions should get less priority. And that some of the most recent skins have been for very detailed champions which take resources away from other champions in need.

Udyr and Zyra are both very complicated due to the models involved. Udyr requires 5 base animation sets with 5 run models, and zyra requiring additional monster skins for seeds, lashers spitters, death animation, ect.

One this to question is if the quality standard is to high atm. When you invest time into skins then scrap them... thats a waste. People who love champions will spend the money even if its a recolor. Not every skin needs to have its own animations ect. Just recolor animations and skin tones and release a skin for 520 rp. You can release small skins, and make small money and keep the GD happy. Then you can release more detailed skins and raise the RP as a result. Then you can make MEGA awesome skins and charge the most for it.

Empyrius

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralik098 View Post
Must be nice to get one so frequently.
Most of her skins were before the slow down and champion reworks and touch ups. As you can see its been 1yr 3 months since her last skin.

Ralik098

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empyrius View Post
People who love champions will spend the money even if its a recolor. Not every skin needs to have its own animations ect. Just recolor animations and skin tones and release a skin for 520 rp. You can release small skins, and make small money and keep the GD happy. Then you can release more detailed skins and raise the RP as a result. Then you can make MEGA awesome skins and charge the most for it.
Really have to agree with this. Not every skin needs to be super high quality with new particles and all the flashy lights. I would really like to see Riot up the quantity of skins that they release, , even if that means many of them recolors, the time in between one skin and the next is too high. Having to wait so long in between new content releases for individual champions is the reason we have threads blow up like this one imo.

AmbushIntheDark

12-16-2013

So whats wrong with reskins again?
Grungry Nunu is easily my favorite skin of his, same for Merc Kat, Jack of hearts Tf, Spooky Gp, the list goes on.

AlternateJ

12-16-2013

Maybe this idea has been tossed out before, but I would absolutely love a Justicar or Arclight Diana. I know that theme is kind of Ionia themed (Syndra, Varus) but the idea of Diana had she embraced the sun or rather just having angelic, flowing white cloth armor would look so elegant and be such an interesting take on one of the most interesting champions within League of Legends.

On topic: I actually like the base skin, I like the way it moves. I just hope that her particles aren't just a simply recolor though seeing as she is 975 and unique particles would be so kewl X3

Keep up the quality work Ironstylus & Team

SlumlordThanatos

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbushIntheDark View Post
So whats wrong with reskins again?
Grungry Nunu is easily my favorite skin of his, same for Merc Kat, Jack of hearts Tf, Spooky Gp, the list goes on.
Absolutely nothing. If they are done and released at a lower price point, we've already said that we would buy them.

Instead, they feel the need to do all of these super complicated skins with shiny new particles and ****.

Eyrgos

12-16-2013

People would love recolors... sell 'em for 375 or 450 or something.

C'mon, it's about time.

Heck, 5xx for two slight cosmetic changes (e.g. weapon alteration/new headpiece) & a recolour.

PVPMaiMai

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BesouroDeRaio View Post
One more variation:

Attachment 858908

- Less saturation
- Purple harmony color
- Added some drawings on her dress
- A mix between the default and pale skin tone
I really want this.