Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.30%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.61%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.09%
Voters: 1996. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Don't they want to rework him first? I imagine that he'll have a new skin when his rework is done. I'm quite sure Battlecast Skarner is coming out at some point.
It's only a kit rework. I don't think they're making a new model.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kjj92

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Don't they want to rework him first? I imagine that he'll have a new skin when his rework is done. I'm quite sure Battlecast Skarner is coming out at some point.
And what if battlecast sucked? though I don't think that theme can suck, but if it sucked, how long are you gonna wait for a new skarner skin? Look at steel legion Lux dude, they said they are gonna give her a new skin that is not military **** like all her other skins, how long we've been waiting?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
It's only a kit rework. I don't think they're making a new model.

Yeah, I kind of figured, but it'd make sense to release a skin at the same time as his kit rework because people will play him more, therefore be more likely to buy a skin.

It makes sense...kind of.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?
Extremely.

The problem is that skins for champions that have very few (or a wide variety of bad ones, like Lux) have to be handled with great care. Riven and Teemo can get away with releasing a skin that's pretty meh, because they have skins that don't suck. Diana doesn't.

This one seems rushed, because I know that you can do better than this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kjj92

Senior Member

12-16-2013

EDIT, thought the first post didnt come out


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kjj92

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Extremely.

The problem is that skins for champions that have very few (or a wide variety of bad ones, like Lux) have to be handled with great care. Riven and Teemo can get away with releasing a skin that's pretty meh, because they have skins that don't suck. Diana doesn't.

This one seems rushed, because I know that you can do better than this.
Yea, this is well said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Labcown

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Why does this skin mean no Diana skins for a while? We're talking what.. 6 months or more? I don't feel that's the end of the world. Also, if we have an opportunity, then we'll make something new and awesome.
Disclaimer: While I feel the concept and direction of this skin is spot on, the execution is the part I currently have trouble accepting. Overall I'm not overly thrilled, but I understand it's not finished, but I feel that it deserves more than just "polish" to make it a great skin.

Onto the quote, the things of it is, most games don't even have a good shelf-life of 6 months, so when you say that we won't see another skin for her in 6 months, it may not be a long length of time for someone who's working in the industry, but for gamers, 6 months is HUGE.

On top of that, I'd like to address another one of your statements. The one about Eclipse Diana being just a recolor. What's wrong with that?

I remember when the new skin price tiering came out, we asked if we would see skins that would be 520 again or not, and the answer was yes. But from your response, it seems as though EVERY skin that comes out now NEEDS a Theme, while I'm here to say, I'd be okay with an "express" recolor skin that while high-detailed, didn't transform the theme of a character. Just as long as too many didn't flood the market. I'm sure many other summoners would agree too.

I love that you guys are constantly pushing the quality of your work and try to raise your standard every time, but there comes a point where pushing quality will take an excessive amount of time and the trade off of Quantity vs Quality will favor say putting out 3 recolor skins as opposed to putting out that one fancy 1350 skin, and dare I say we are getting close to that point where more players would like to see More skins versus That One Extremely Nice Skin once every 2 months.

Which also comes back to the discussion at hand. We've noticed the slowing trends on skins and are getting ever critical of each new skin that comes out because we know we won't be seeing another one for awhile. So while everyone's emotions are running high in this thread, part of it stems from that fact and justly so IMO.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lahrst

Senior Member

12-16-2013

IMO I like the idea of Diana being a goddess having some power and not being ostracized. I would like to see it look more like the goddess that it is based off with some Diana touch; in general though it is not finished and i cant make a full opinion on it. It was a gift to even know what it looked like in this stage of development I don't hate it but for a skin that i have been waiting for so long.. i definitely want more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vortex IV

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?
Wouldn't hurt for you to change this skin while you still can instead of giving everyone damage control replies while we're clearly getting exactly what nobody wants. Fans are speaking, you're acting like you're reading it, but nothing is coming of it. Get it done, anything less is unacceptable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
Extremely.

The problem is that skins for champions that have very few (or a wide variety of bad ones, like Lux) have to be handled with great care. Riven and Teemo can get away with releasing a skin that's pretty meh, because they have skins that don't suck. Diana doesn't.

This one seems rushed, because I know that you can do better than this.
(but I like Iron Legion and Imperial Lux because I'm a sucker for fantasy military stuff...Spell Thief is pretty popular, though. Arcade Lux should be the next skin in the Arcade lineup.)

Anyways, I feel like if this skin had been a lot different than Dark Valkyrie, less people would be criticizing it. It kind of sucked that Diana was released in a time when champions only got 1 new skin on release. With Leona, you could get more armor (Defender) or less (Valkyrie). I played with Defender because it looked awesome, others played with Valkyrie because it suited their tastes. But Lunar Revel kind of looks like pale Dark Valkyrie (at least the bottom half of it).