Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.30%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.61%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.09%
Voters: 1996. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terragnar

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d242cebc598b32da71cc View Post
46% of "scrap this skin" is super-rare. Honnestly, I rarely seen this in the last 3 or 4 years. (if ever)

This topic is 65 pages long for a reason.
I'm not saying it isn't bad, I don't like it myself. All I'm saying is 46% only represents the forum. Saying "If you really care about the players, you better release a new Diana skin by 2014" sounds like that's the number one thing on everyone's "wants" list. A number of us are waiting for skins for champions that we like, too. But you make it sound like entitlement.

I mean, I'm glad there's a new Diana skin out. It may not been what I was looking for and may not appeal to me personally, but others might like it. I'm not going to act like that since I don't like it, I deserve to have another one "by 2014".

I'm disappointed not much will be done about it too, just as much as you are. But you don't deserve anything more than anyone else does.

kjj92

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?
Or we can have this skin, and nothing for her for another 2 years.

kjj92

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I think people are misunderstanding. This is what should happen:

The skin should be released. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. It's that simple. Not every skin is supposed to appeal to everyone. I'm not a fan of Battle Bunny Riven, but I wasn't against it being released because it does appeal to some people. I didn't have to buy it. Instead, I waited for a better skin (Championship Riven...although this new Lunar Revel one is nice.)

Maybe it doesn't appeal to American or Europeans, but I'm sure Chinese players will like the reference to their mythology.

Wait for a new skin. I'm perfectly happy with playing default Diana because it is an amazing design and if something comes out that is better, than I'll buy it. Yeah, I know a lot of people hate Dark Valkyrie and it's not my cup of tea, so waiting even longer for it is kind of painful, but it's honestly not as painful as Pulsefire Ezreal...

I honestly could not deal with all the hate and criticism Iron gets for everything. I would've already donated my Wacom tablet to Goodwill and gave up on drawing.

EDIT: I think a lot of people don't understand how time-consuming the artistic process is. There's concept, splash art design, sculpting and rigging, texturing, making particles. It takes a long time to do this stuff!
This can only be true for champion like Riven or Teemo, that keeps getting new skin every 3 months. Who knows how long we gonna wait for a new diana skin after this one? Maybe 2 years -___-

Daemon

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
Or we can have this skin, and nothing for her for another 2 years.
Diana is probably one of the easiest newer champions to create a skin for. She doesn't have tons of fancy assets and abilities like Jinx or even Yasuo. She's relatively straightforward, kind of like older champions. For example, to make a Jinx skin, you'd need to model all three of her weapons, new traps, new ult missile, etc. Diana is just creating a new model and new particles.

Finch Toast

12-16-2013

Quote:
EDIT: I think a lot of people don't understand how time-consuming the artistic process is. There's concept, splash art design, sculpting and rigging, texturing, making particles. It takes a long time to do this stuff!
Not to mention why its close to too late to make changes is because any changes that are made are also gonna have to be applied to the splash art I believe in another post recently somewhere they mentioned the splash art can take like a month or so for the artist to complete

kjj92

12-16-2013

Quote:
Diana is probably one of the easiest newer champions to create a skin for. She doesn't have tons of fancy assets and abilities like Jinx or even Yasuo. She's relatively straightforward, kind of like older champions.
Skarnar is even easier, he barely needs any work on his particles, where's his new skin?

Hellioning

12-16-2013

Quote:
Diana is probably one of the easiest newer champions to create a skin for. She doesn't have tons of fancy assets and abilities like Jinx or even Yasuo. She's relatively straightforward, kind of like older champions. For example, to make a Jinx skin, you'd need to model all three of her weapons, new traps, new ult missile, etc. Diana is just creating a new model and new particles.
Which is why it took this long for her to get another skin.

Vempyre

12-16-2013

I actually like the skin, and Diana has a special place in my heart as she was the favorite champion of a friend that is no longer alive, I'm sure she'd love this skin to death,

I know I would if you just make the skin of her a lot more paler, tan doesn't make sense at all.

Change the chair a bit, colors, let it hang down and not tied up in that bun, something, anything just not that. She looks like Maya Fey from Ace Attorney lol.

Regardless I'm buying this skin, I like it, but I want to love it and would rather not have " Ewww what a ugly skin " every game as I plan on spamming her in the Jungle in Solo Que soon. I guess you could say this skin also has meaning to me?

My friend was really heart broken after the headpiece On her launch skin was removed and she really never got to see closure on a proper skin for her favorite champion.

I hope this isn't gonna be a " The Curse Of Diana " meme in the making. =/

exec3

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
And then there's that almost finished Renekton skin that's been sitting on the PBE for almost a year, great use of resources by the way.
Tbh i'm glad they decided to sit on Rune Wars Renekton v2* and instead focus and release the epic (and long time fan requested) Lifeguard Renekton.

*My point here isn't that Scorched Earth was bad but that it was just another armored Renekton skin, we already had like 4 of them including his base so something truly different and unique was called for.

Daemon

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
Skarnar is even easier, he barely needs any work on his particles, where's his new skin?

Don't they want to rework him first? I imagine that he'll have a new skin when his rework is done. I'm quite sure Battlecast Skarner is coming out at some point.