Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.31%
Needs Slight alterations 630 31.58%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.11%
Voters: 1995. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlumlordThanatos

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d242cebc598b32da71cc View Post
But if you really care about your player, release a new Diana skin before march 2014.
If only it were that simple.

You, of all people, should know that content takes time. You're basically asking him to drop everything and make another Diana skin, and you KNOW that's not going to happen. Even then, if he were to concept and push through a skin in less than three months, on top of everything else he's working on, it's going to suffer in the quality department.

I mean, it's been almost a year since Morello said they were going to push through another Lux skin for those people who were unhappy with Steel Legion Lux, and we have yet to hear about it.

These things take TIME. That's why this skin is a bit disappointing, because it was almost certainly rushed to make the Lunar Revel.

Daemon

12-16-2013

I just played a game as Diana...the Leona in the game suggested there should be a dark version of Iron Solari for Diana.

Make this happen and I'll just give you my wallet. YES PLEASE.

Ralik098

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Why does this skin mean no Diana skins for a while? We're talking what.. 6 months or more? I don't feel that's the end of the world. Also, if we have an opportunity, then we'll make something new and awesome. As I've said, she would have had a skin out earlier except that skin was pushed in order to make room for Lunar Revel. In all honesty, that proposed skin was more like the "Eclipse Diana", but honestly, I wasn't really happy with it in it's simplicity, and it would have crowded out other skins. The Change'E inspiration was elegant, unique, and something we'd certainly not get a chance to do for a while. So, even if you're not partial to it, we've at least got it checked off the list and can move onto more ideas that hopefully you will like.
No, the time frame for new skins are much, much longer than that. It is very rare that a champion receives two skins in a year, many have been waiting multiple years for a new skin. Of the three main champions that I care about (mentioned them in this thread the other day), two of them haven't had a skin in over two years and the other is at about one year and seven months. I would be ecstatic if champions I cared about were so lucky to get a new skin every six-to-ten months or so.

Komori Kiri

12-16-2013

It takes time, yes, but it can be done much faster with higher priority. That implies putting priority on this skin and not on the other ones in progress. Yes that's not something you should do on a regular basis but that is something you can do and I believe they already do it from time to time, when there is content that need to be done faster than expected. (summer skins ?)

Making a skin can take a ton of monthes if you don't cheat de pipeline. Sometimes you might want to cheat the pipeline because you failed hard.

Might be the right time to show us you can deliver top quality quickly - in 2 or 3 monthes.

(and I don't know if it was rushed or not. One thing is sure : Riot can fail a skin even while not rushing it. Having a good pipeline is nice but doesn't prevent every single fail.)

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-16-2013
24 of 27 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS1d242cebc598b32da71cc View Post
46% of "scrap this skin" is super-rare. Honnestly, I rarely seen this in the last 3 or 4 years. (if ever)

This topic is 65 pages long for a reason.
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?

Zyras Honey Pot

12-16-2013

Quote:
You honestly think scrapping the skin is a good idea? So.. kill the skin, go back to the drawing board, and have nothing for her for however many months? Don't you think that's a little unreasonable?
When people vote for "Scrap it" what I think they're -saying- is if they could delete this skin and have another fill the void in a timely fashion then that's what they would prefer. Obviously that's not possible, but that might be the sentiment they're trying to voice. Not that they'd rather have nothing, but that they'd rather have something else - if it were possible. But I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth.

NotBuzzJack

12-16-2013

Quote:
Zyra is a very particular case. Zyra has pretty much the most skin assets in our entire game. Making skins for her is extremely demanding and requires a ton of work in terms of model assets, VFX and animations. Diana is definitely easier than that.
Stating how difficult Zyra is to make skins for after she gets a new one before Skarner, Rumble, Malzahar, Akali, Fiora, Karma, Leblanc, and Yorick isn't making you look good. And then there's that almost finished Renekton skin that's been sitting on the PBE for almost a year, great use of resources by the way.

Sorry for the mini-rant but I'm still a little flustered over Dark Valkyrie Diana. Also I really wanted Scorched Earth Renekton, still do.

Daemon

12-16-2013

I think people are misunderstanding. This is what should happen:

The skin should be released. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. It's that simple. Not every skin is supposed to appeal to everyone. I'm not a fan of Battle Bunny Riven, but I wasn't against it being released because it does appeal to some people. I didn't have to buy it. Instead, I waited for a better skin (Championship Riven...although this new Lunar Revel one is nice.)

Maybe it doesn't appeal to American or Europeans, but I'm sure Chinese players will like the reference to their mythology.

Wait for a new skin. I'm perfectly happy with playing default Diana because it is an amazing design and if something comes out that is better, than I'll buy it. Yeah, I know a lot of people hate Dark Valkyrie and it's not my cup of tea, so waiting even longer for it is kind of painful, but it's honestly not as painful as Pulsefire Ezreal...

I honestly could not deal with all the hate and criticism Iron gets for everything. I would've already donated my Wacom tablet to Goodwill and gave up on drawing.

EDIT: I think a lot of people don't understand how time-consuming the artistic process is. There's concept, splash art design, sculpting and rigging, texturing, making particles. It takes a long time to do this stuff!

Finch Toast

12-16-2013

As far as scrap it goes its more of a sentiment of unhappiness with the product and a statement of the idea should have been more ______ when concepted. Now that it's already to this point I believe it should still be released and can only hope that any texture update you can do will help satisfy the players who are. Disappointed as well as satisfy the players who do want to see changes but are somewhat satisfied with the skin. Not releasing it would be cruel to those who did understand the reference and are fond of the skin even if that's only 21% + those who were more satisfied but still wanted changes.

Xonu

12-16-2013

Quote:
It's definitely not, and I think the ability to select that answer choice is a bit hyperbolic. The skin just needs some changes. The majority that have bothered to contribute don't agree with the skin's current state, so something here needs to be addressed. You've stated it's incomplete, but can you tell us what exactly is incomplete about it as a whole, and what has changed now that you've been reading over this discussion, and will you attempt to implement any suggested changes?