Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 485 24.30%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.61%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.09%
Voters: 1996. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LARC1N

12-16-2013

i have drawing a skin what i really need for D, maybe my hope would be realize in a far future :3
i know, it's an inappropriate place to post this, but, we are talking about Diana skins, a draw is better than a long text
Name:  diana voleuse de fées2.jpeg
Views: 400
Size:  335.4 KB

Regulas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2013

Well the most obvious issue I have with the skin is colour.

Overall the new skin's colours although different still feel... distinctly similar to the existing skin (i.e. lots of Whites and Purples). This means that while it might look cool when I am closely analyzing the skin, in contrast when just looking at it from a distance such as when actually playing the game where you moving around constantly it just doesn't feel quite as unique.

That being said currently only the shield effect looks gold, I'm assuming all the effects are going to be that colour instead of white? If this is true alone with the gold on her suit also getting enhanced as you mentioned it would go a long way to making her feel more unique.

Daemon

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARC1N View Post
i have drawing a skin what i really need for D, maybe my hope would be realize in a far future :3
i know, it's an inappropriate place to post this, but, we are talking about Diana skins, a draw is better than a long text
I like the hood! It could be a Shurima Desert skin or something. I could see this in vivid reds and yellows.

(you might want to make it a bit more clear she's wearing pants or leggings because it kind of looks like she's wearing nothing down there at the moment)

nv77

12-16-2013

On topic

Diana feels too girly in this skin, kind of out of character, not saying she is not a woman or anything she was just hardened by her people (I'm talking Solari), but on the same boat this could perfectly fit a "before the madness" theme/skin, so i actually like, not to a full extent

Out of topic

As we are already discussing Diana's skins, well I have a proposition:

Pitcher Diana

Make her wear a baseball uniform a cap, darkened cheeks just like pitchers from the movies, and a cap.

Q - Moonstrike - Curve ball: she throws an over sized baseball in an arc, works perfectly for the mechanic of curved skillshot

W - Pale Cascade - Third ball/strike: she summons three orbiting baseballs (this could replace with three red "X" that symbolizes strikes

E - Moonfall - Pitcher's mound: the floor makes a pitcher mound and closes in

R - Lunar Rush - Base steal: she dashes legs firts towards the enemy, just like players to a base

pros:
-fits with "lil slugger trundle"
-fits with the idea of not giving her a hard armor on every skin
-can solve the community issue of portraying her forehead in every skin by putting the moon symbol on the cap and uniform

cons:
-turns the "Khopsickle" into an straight bat (unless you want a curve/broken bat)
-passive is hard to change to fit with skin

Parrot please give some signs of liking/disliking the idea

P.S. regarding the on-topic she wouldn't feel that girly in this idea of a skin even with clothing because she is playing rough =P; Also is someone with artistic capabilities would like to draw this I would appreciate it so much

nv77

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I like the hood! It could be a Shurima Desert skin or something. I could see this in vivid reds and yellows.

(you might want to make it a bit more clear she's wearing pants or leggings because it kind of looks like she's wearing nothing down there at the moment)
I think she is wearing boots look at the plies

Rastamon Ganja

12-16-2013

78% of people according to the poll think the new Diana skin needs to be changed or redone completely. There should be a bell going off at Riot headquarters.

Riot will make very little money with this skin because very few people will buy it due to dissatisfaction.

Who is running the business/marketing side of Riot?

When a movie is made it is screened by a theater full of random people. They analyze how the people respond to the film and change the film accordingly. This has been done to numerous films. (i.e. World War Z)

This thread is that test theater. You see how many people want the new Diana skin to be fixed. Please do so or else this skin will be a flop no one will buy it which means Riot will not make any money etc. etc.

Business 101.

JK6 FORCE

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARC1N View Post
Attachment 858607
I think they want Diana to be more revealed than that. I like the fabric work though.

Wobiwobi

12-16-2013

after mixing few versions/edits made by Xokolade I made two version that may somehow work for that whole concept of Lunar Event and still look cool/badass

blue dress similar to what he have on actual model + blue fits Diana after all
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  311.6 KB

bright red because woooo Lunar Revel, Chinese New Year, etc. must have aspect
Name:  2.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  310.7 KB

• black colors to give this skin more serious aka Diana character because pure bright/happy colorss look bad on her,
  • long delicate sleeves that match her dress + her bracers (aspect of "fighter") are still visible,
  • her dress and those bandages on thighs can be also purple but I left them black/dark grey just to match her bracers, stocking-boots and black inner dress/bra,
  • not spiky shoulder pads,
  • loose hair without hair loop on top of her hair BUT braids/hair loops on side connected to that gold hair accessory and can be also good replacement without making her head look weird and in same time it would keep Asian hairstyle/hair addition
  • Moon Mark/Heretic Mark > metallic/gold ornament nuff said
  • pale skin because for weird reason people can't imagine/accept Diana having normal or slightly tanned skin (because she can't use solarium/solarbeds just for the Lunar Event right?)
summary:
fighter/warrior aspects:
  • bracers/studded leather gloves (elbow gloves)
  • bandages made from elastic titanium on her thighs so no arrow will pierce it + no pervert can see most of her sexy thighs
  • shoulder pads
  • bra/inner dress made from black stlyish magic kevlar that protect her from all those firearm users
  • she knows kung-fu and moon-jitsu so don't even try to think about pervy things since she don't wear her Dark Valkyrie chain mail bikini or Lunari full bodysuit
  • OH COME ON PEOPLE SHE HAVE HER MOON BLADE! it's like pure symbol of fighter/warrior

goddess/lady aspects:
  • delicate classy dress with bell bottom sleeves
  • gold gold gold
  • stocking-boots - aka sexy stuff that also Syndra wears
  • long beautiful black hair
  • golden headdress
  • hair accessories
  • short skirt
  • make-up
  • panties with Leona image on them (OTP)
  • optional: braids/hair loops on both sides

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
just in case all/most of "Moon Goddess" art that appeared in this thread:
http://imgur.com/a/wuiQx 31 images

LARC1N

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv77 View Post
I think she is wearing boots look at the plies
i just redraw the plies

Eyrgos

12-16-2013

Okay, so I did say I appreciated that the purple in this skin was lighter and more pastel... as well, that my vote is for pastels in this particular skin.

However, upon trying the skin on in PBE, I stand by my statement that there has been WAY TOO MUCH PURPLE lately. And Diana already has a skin with purple too (Dark Valkyrie).

Let me illustrate:

Name:  purpleaatrox1.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  301.1 KB

Name:  purpleaatrox2.jpg
Views: 1447
Size:  224.5 KB

Name:  purplekha.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  140.2 KB

Name:  purplequinn.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  202.4 KB

Name:  purplesyndra.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  155.9 KB

Name:  purplezac.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  119.3 KB

Name:  purplediana1.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  798.8 KB

Name:  purplediana2.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  94.9 KB

So I make this a formal plea to change the purple-tones on the skin.

Purple as a colour has been abused... please give the color a rest for a while, take this purple back too; the gross overuse of purple also waters down the appeal and visual impact of certain champions/skins because they all meld into this androgynous purple-club.

I vote for a soft orange or teal-replacement.

Bonus: all it does for me selfishly is further diminish Quinn's visual appeal which saddens me... she's blue/purple hued too, but every other blue/purple motif outshines her because of better color-blending/resolution/texturizing... it's kinda salt in the wound, ya know?