Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 473 23.90%
Needs Slight alterations 629 31.78%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 877 44.32%
Voters: 1979. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyriella

Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowed Nijhts View Post
I feel like you just told us to eff off and nothing is going to change...
AGAIN, This is IronStylus's creation, not ours, as much as we want to have our say in this, this release of this skin is wayyy too soon, and hes trying his hardest to compromise with us. The fact that hes talking to us at all shows he at least cares about our opinion. Rememeber they dont have to do anything, they can release this and just not give a damn about us. He's at least letting us know that we shouldn't expect complete changes because in the end, its Riot's decision not ours.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spectre Gadget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-16-2013

I do like the whole cloth and softer thouches in this skin. I'm concerned that the voice over will be so mismatched with the skin though. I'm not fond of the headpiece. I think the idea of some light armor around the wrists and such would be a nice touch. The skin is okay leaning towards good right now. I'll probably still get it because I want a Diana skin that isn't the other one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x1 Godja

Member

12-16-2013

Hell even Dark Valkyrie is better then this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wobiwobi

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyriella View Post
Rememeber they dont have to do anything, they can release this and just not give a damn about us.
and here is the biggest mistake you say

this is part of his job to talk with us/Diana players (target market/future "consumers") and gather as much info about how to fix this skin since there was already so much serious negative feedback...
PARROT & 3D TEAM FIX/REWORK/MODIFY THIS SKIN = MORE MORE MORE PEOPLE WILL BUY IT = RIOT WILL GET LOTS OF MONEY

BUT
If they won't care about our opinions and suggestion and just release that skin in current state (but with added particles only) then it won't bring large profit (event skins are suppose to create very big profit for RIOT after all, it's about marketing son and best way to get to customers wallets) = IronStylus (as a designer) and probably 3D team (but mostly IronStylus) may not be warmly welcomed by managers/head boss/financial department manager/etc...

unless they are really swimming in our cash and don't care if they release crappy skin or good looking skin or if MAJORITY of players will like it.... <you don't like new skin? so "sad" >


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arceoxys

Senior Member

12-16-2013

This is pretty ****ty. I don't oft play Diana, but I was looking forward to a new skin.
Looks like I'll be sticking to Dark Valkyrie though :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyriella

Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobiwobi View Post
and here is the biggest mistake you say

this is part of his job to talk with us/Diana players (target market/future "consumers") and gather as much info about how to fix this skin since there was already so much serious negative feedback...
PARROT & 3D TEAM FIX/REWORK/MODIFY THIS SKIN = MORE MORE MORE PEOPLE WILL BUY IT = RIOT WILL GET LOTS OF MONEY

BUT
If they won't care about our opinions and suggestion and just release that skin in current state (but with added particles only) then it won't bring large profit (event skins are suppose to create very big profit for RIOT after all, it's about marketing son and best way to get to customers wallets) = IronStylus (as a designer) and probably 3D team (but mostly IronStylus) may not be warmly welcomed by managers/head boss/financial department manager/etc...

unless they are really swimming in our cash and don't care if they release crappy skin or good looking skin or if MAJORITY of players will like it.... <you don't like new skin? so "sad" >
But if you were reading my post again he even said the release date is too soon and they cant delay it. Its already gonna be released when the other skins are for Lunar Revel which most likely will be around after Christmas or so. The fact that you wish for more than just textures and changes in coloring will be way too long and that will delay this skin more which Riot will most likely say no.
Again they don't have to, Iron is trying but he most likely will keep it as it is and change a few things. Have fun because I'm still buying this skin whether they change it or not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daemon

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrez Knivez View Post
I do like the whole cloth and softer thouches in this skin. I'm concerned that the voice over will be so mismatched with the skin though. I'm not fond of the headpiece. I think the idea of some light armor around the wrists and such would be a nice touch. The skin is okay leaning towards good right now. I'll probably still get it because I want a Diana skin that isn't the other one.

I was playing Diana last night and I realized how weird her angry, vengeful voice will sound with a frilly skin.

It's kind of the same mismatch with Justicar Syndra where her skin looks all good and holy, but she's obsessing over power.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSkywardBreakerx

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Wow people can complain for days. The skins tone her eyes? Come on people. At least you're getting a skin. When it's released just don't buy it. That'll send them feedback that maybe the skin idea didn't work and they should do something about it or for the next one. IMO cool whatever. It's nice and pretty. She needed something like this. Especially if it's festive. Who the hell would wear all this armor and look all mean during a time of fun? Come on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peridition

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Diana is one of my favorite champs. I think this skin has potential, but its missed the mark a bit.

The face and hair needs major work. Its doesn't fit her sleek, agile silhouette at all.

I think the armor is fine for the most part. But the color scheme could use some work. Too much purple, and not the right shade. Its too bright for Diana. It should be a darker, more mysterious shade of purple.

Other than that, I can see it becoming a quality model with some changes made.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wobiwobi

Senior Member

12-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyriella View Post
But if you were reading my post again he even said the release date is too soon and they cant delay it. Its already gonna be released when the other skins are for Lunar Revel which most likely will be around after Christmas or so.
and this sucks hard (actually you can even call this a "fail" situation)... this skin was once delayed and scrapped when it was mentioned that it will become event related as IS said in past in one of his teasers but if it was added to PBE earlier (like month ago not last week) or we could see concept arts months ago then players could share their feedback and there wouldn't be any problems, disappointments and overall negative emotions around it like now...
it's like releasing new Porsche but with weird shape, too big wheels, weak engine and other weird looking things because there is no more time to work on it and we forget to make/ignore "market research" and check what people would like to see now...

if Parrot really wants to release amazing/special skin for Diana (one of his LoL-waifus) that will make both him and majority of Diana players happy/finally satisfied, then it would be wiser to just talk with people responsible for releasing skins/organizing events and just exclude Diana from Lunar Revel, work on it again a bit after gathering&analysing our feedback and release it later after small delay as a "Moon Avatar Diana"/"Moon Goddess Diana"/"Moon Zealot Diana"/etc... without that "Lunar" event aspect

with this it will become win = win situations since as I said: players/IronStylus will be happy from getting perfect Diana skin and RIOT will get lots of money