Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 473 23.90%
Needs Slight alterations 629 31.78%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 877 44.32%
Voters: 1979. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wobiwobi

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Welp, better hurry! I have to go in tomorrow to ask the team what to do. If you've got more suggestions, now's the time
I recall that xokolade wanted to make one big picture with all variations/edits he (or she) made but since you are in hurry and xokolade is off I guess maybe I should gather them (if there is point in doing this after) all? unless you already picked all suggestions[1][2][etc]/edits[1][2][3][4][5][etc]/art[1][2][3], etc... after reading like...new 30+ pages?

Rauron

12-15-2013

Quote:
Welp, better hurry! I have to go in tomorrow to ask the team what to do. If you've got more suggestions, now's the time
Honestly, my problem with this skin is that it isn't cloth-y enough. Like, not nearly. It looks more chunky and awkward than draping and elegant. I have no clue what's going on with those bracers, her chest is just sorta out there for no real reason, and her legs are visual gibberish. Her hair is great, makeup is going in a nice direction, and those dangling bits in the back are really nice. So, it's not -awful-, but too much of it is just kinda vaguely-cloth-like noise rather than classy-but-mysterous dress. I don't think she needs more armor, really.

Neo Cyrus

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex IV View Post
Please for the love of god get rid of the crown, the topknot and the shoulder clutter. We've been waiting too long for a new diana skin to have this one go through looking the way it does.
Please for the love everything do NOT get rid of the crown, it's the best part. Make it look more like a royal crown, a Goddess must have one. Without it, the skin would be Lunar Pleb Diana, not Lunar Goddess.

Also I'm not against her toes showing either, so long as the texture is recoloured so it doesn't look like she walked in mud.

The only thing I agree should be removed is her top knots.

Sincerely
- A guy who's tired of hundreds of games as Dark Valkyrie

Wobiwobi

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex IV View Post
Please for the love of god get rid of the crown, the topknot and the shoulder clutter. We've been waiting too long for a new diana skin to have this one go through looking the way it does.
delicate silver tiara/circlet > headdress imho

Neo Cyrus

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobiwobi View Post
delicate silver tiara/circlet > headdress imho
Wouldn't be very noticeable or notable in-game. A regal looking crown would.

Icovarius

12-15-2013

Quote:
Slight change in particles ? More of a golden or shade of blue.

Teysa Karlovv

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taja Rayne View Post
I wasn't sure of the skin at first. It's grown on me a bit, but there's definitely elements I'm not very happy with.

Because I'm not good at describing this sort of thing that well, I figured I'd sketch out how I kind of pictured the skin looking (see attachment below), based heavily on what is already existing. But I'll try to explain why I did what I did.

1) I think that it's acceptable to give her that dark hair, but if so, it should be a cooler tone to give her that signature "dark" feel that seems to be missing in the skin as is. So maybe a bluer tone like the leggings instead of that burgundy tone, I think it's a bit warm.

2) Like others said, the placement of the loops I understand are part of the style they were going for, but I'm not sure how they fit for Diana. Maybe if they were in the back instead of on top of her head? That way the look is still in place, but it is more understated instead drawing so much attention to the top of her head.

3) I think the headdress is nice, but I feel the moon brand on her forehead is very central to her identity, and by changing the hair color AND not incorporating the forehead symbol, it detracts too much from her image. So I made a smaller forehead brand that is encompassed by the headdress for some sort of compromise.

4) I do agree armor is part of her image, and since there wasn't much on Dark Valkyrie, I'd like to see it, but I also agree that it would be nice to see her in something flowy. So, like was suggested, maybe add armor wrist guards and shin guards, and maybe create an armor chestpiece under the flowy cloth for a happy medium (as for the detailing on the guards...Well, I'm not sure, so I just based it on the top of the original design).

5) THE BIGGEST THING: Please, please, please give her the eye markings. If I remember correctly, they are scars, yes? Removing them is like removing Katarina's scar. It's by far her most defining feature and I don't believe it is one that should ever be removed. If nothing else, please at least include the eye markings. It's an easy fix, so I really hope the design team will pull through on this!

As for everything else, I think it's pretty good. Not sure how I feel about her being in a skirt over pants, buuuut...I'm going to pick my battles and leave that one alone. lol.
This, post is perfect...especially the eye marks... As they as scars, and even when she goes to a lunar festival she's going to have her eyes marks and her brand (which supposedly the solari rudely burned it into her forehead

Joek9100

12-15-2013

looks too much like a totally different champion.

Like Karma's sister or something

Teysa Karlovv

12-16-2013

Just make her hair black for the love of god though IRonStylus, even Chang'e has black hair... I like the drawings with black hair, white dress, and jade, maroon, purple and gold accents the most.

If you just changed the hair color (knowing it's not refined and the particles aren't released) you'd have me sold.

Calico Queen

12-16-2013

Last attempt if only working with textures, blood moon Diana. (I would like it if her skin was still paler, didn't change it in the image)http://i.imgur.com/ZAFIIXW.jpg