Thoughta of Diana's skin?

Good 486 24.34%
Needs Slight alterations 631 31.60%
Should have scratched it and restarted. 880 44.07%
Voters: 1997. You may not vote on this poll

So this Diana Skin..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phil La Pew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacccey View Post
at first i thought it is a bad idea to completely change her look. i thought she would look good with armor and moon symbol
but, i think it really stops creativity if we have to keep most of the diana's features !
jsut look at bunny riven, forecast janna etc. they really make something different from the original character and its fun.
why ppl are okay with that? its becuz they already hv a lot of skins, designing something more creative is good and acceptable
i think the reason why ppl are upset about the skin is becuz, Diana doesnt hv enough skins.
we all want a skin with nice armor etc and now suddenly there is a new one, but its completely different from what ppl expected.
I would say since this is a lunar revel skin, why not just let them do something different.
and maybe diana would get another skin in future that suits her original design
I agree with that completely. If they said this skin is just for the festivities and we are making a thematically correct skin for Diana in a month then I would be fine with this. However, I feel as if they are not going to make another Diana skin for a whole year.

Daemon

12-15-2013

I had an idea for the hair loops. I just realized that Princess Yue from Avatar: The Last Airbender is based off of Chang'e (she ends up becoming the Moon Spirit).

I think the hair loopies would look better if they hung down in the back like Yue's hair loops, opposed to sticking straight up like a bow. Looking at traditional pictures of Chang'e, the hair loops tend to be kind of floppy opposed to sticking straight up.

Name:  046-1.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  13.6 KB

Paletongue

12-15-2013

All these beautiful pictures of Chang'e, and the majority are pale-skinned with cool black hair.
https://www.google.com/search?q=chan...w=1350&bih=652
Especially because Diana already looks gorgeous pale, Why the change?

Nightingales Sky

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico Queen View Post
I don't think you are being insulting at all, it is easy enough to respectfully disagree with another. I was a little saddened to see the cleavage come out, more so by the exposed upper thighs. I posted somewhere that in my mind I had imagined something longer, less revealing, and again more elegant. I agree with what you're saying, how it is possible to meet half way. However, honestly I wanted something grand and ...flowing? I personally wanted more cloth. I also thought the main color would be red, to work in the blood moon concept.. I digress. I understand it really sucks waiting for your favorite champ to get a new skin. And I'm sorry, it does seem to fall short of the majority's expectations. But it is what it is, it seems so rare for Riot to humor anyone's complaints about a skin, so huzzah that they're contemplating it. But for them to make it a Lunar Revel skin, I wanted it to look like a Lunar Revel skin. And I wanted her to be the queen

I agree with you on the flowing look and the dress. I personally think that would be baller status. I would like darker colors also. Like you mentioned. I guess I just want Diana to look like Diana but with an awesome elegant dress and other features to bring it out.

I'm glad we can agree on a compromise.

Sparklestrider

12-15-2013

H'okay, so after giving it a long look on the PBE, I've got some notes and recommendations (just my two cents). I, for one, think it's a beautiful concept, but needs some tweaks. And since this seems to be the thread that's getting the most attention...

1. Not enough contrast. And I don't mean light/dark, necessarily, so much as that the skin is lacking a sort of clean crispness that it could probably use to look as polished as it deserves. The cools don't all seem cool enough, the warms don't all seem warm enough, so on and so forth. I mean, it all just kind of melts together a little bit and I think the highlights and lowlights especially could use some small edits. I mean, it's fine as it is, but like - if you're going for mostly analogous, it's not really hitting enough notes, in my opinion. Too much purple - in particular, I find it strange that the ONLY magenta notes are in the handle of her weapon and the earrings. It's visually distracting, and I think the outfit overall could use a tiny bit more of it. (It's lacking in practically any reds, other than that, and some stuff in her hair. You could probably do with some magenta accents to balance it out.)
Similarly, the only green is in the jewelry/one bit in the hairpiece, which... I guess that works okay, but since everything is on the purple side of blue and the gold side of yellow, it just seems out of place by itself. It makes Diana's head a little cluttered, while the lower parts of her legs have almost nothing going on to that level of detail - but, they have just enough to look like it was meant for them to balance it out, when they could work with none of that fancy thigh/calf window stuff, and leave all the clutter to the top. That would emphasize the line of her legs, instead of breaking it up so much, which could balance the clutter at the top with a LACK of clutter at the bottom.
Honestly, what you COULD do is take all the magenta and reds out, and use green as your main accent color. But, that's crazy talk, so feel free to ignore it.

2. Boob window + thigh window + toe window. (And...is that a calf window?) Yeah, that's not really working for me, personally, and it seems like a lot of people kind of agree. I liked your suggestion of adding some thin armor under the flowy shirt, and I think that'd work really well with your other ideas of possibly giving her some armor. (The bracers, underarmor on her torso, and leggings would probably suffice.) Like, the skin has a gorgeous silhouette, overall ... but a texture update adding some "thin armor" would probably be welcome. #things people have already said

3. That skin tone seems like the entirely wrong shade for the colors going on right now, as it is; maybe that'll change after some color tweaks and overall polish, but, eh. You mentioned giving the gold a more peach hue, which could help, but I do kind of miss her pale/greyish skin. That said, bringing back what I was saying about the colors earlier, you could actually add a bit more red into her skin - lowlights, whatever, but it could help a bit. (I'm kind of a sucker for red/magenta as an accent, so if you disagree, that's fine.)

4. This sort of relates to #1, but most if not all of the gold on the lower half of her body seems to have very fuzzy borders. For that matter, most of the lower half, in general, seems to have very fuzzy borders. Nothing a little polish work can't fix, and it's a minor note.

5. Yes, the face needs makeup/scars/something. Anything. It's too plain to really scream, "Diana."

Things I actually really like: The silhouette, as mentioned. I think it's lovely, and it works really well with her graceful movements in game. The weapon is great, the hair is great, the flowy shirt dress thing is great, I even like the headdress - though it could use with more moon symbol goodness. I like that the majority of colors are purple, I just think that it could use either more magenta, or more green. (Not both, though, that'd be a bit too much contrast...)

Also - dat hair. Seriously, I for one think the hair is fantastic. Sssseriously.

That's all I can really think of at the moment, but I hope this helps!

Finch Toast

12-15-2013

what i have left to draw... before i color... legs. bottom half of dress and hair(headpiece done) T~T

Alfirinestel

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Awesome! I'll do some research.

I can't believe that a lot of the feedback I'm getting pertains to putting MORE armor on her. A challenge right up my alley :P
Hey Iron Stylus!

I totally agree with using Chang'E of Smite as some inspiration http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...qu-d6fig86.jpg
I do like the Lunar Revel skin as well and I also think she can make do without the armor since she has two already. My biggest issue, is being Asian myself and born in the Year of the Rabbit, I find affinity with the moon, Diana and especially Chang'e before playing League and all this. When I see Diana's Lunar Revel Skin attire however, it looks more "Greek" than Lunar Revel or of Chang'e typical goddess robe. The Chinese believed gods and goddesses lived in the sky and they dressed specifically in a certain attire, especially this long scarf/sash that is adorned around them that helps them float/fly.

I think the hair is nice. The face definitely needs touch-up! She looks unhappy and less "ethereal" and goddess like.

I just wanted to give you my feedback if you still read this! I hope this helps and you get around to see this. Keep up the great work.

Asatorrr

12-15-2013

I kinda thought the dress part would hang lower. Currently it ends at the hips and the legs are stockinged which make it feel texturally bland (the random holes don't really help as I think she shouldn't be showing much if any skin). I think it would look good to giver her an asymmetrical skirt kinda feel with maybe a different colored sash around her waist and hanging in the back like the tassels she has now.

Wobiwobi

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I made her hair black, added in some patterns, and I decided that turning the gold into silver looked really nice, but I attached a golden version, too.

Attachment 857997
Attachment 857998
Attachment 858002
Attachment 858004
I still don't understand why you covered her body... for me this looks like multicolored and slightly reshaped base skin, with something that looks like pseudo dark valkyrie shoes and weird asian hairstyle

Wobiwobi

12-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taja Rayne View Post
I wasn't sure of the skin at first. It's grown on me a bit, but there's definitely elements I'm not very happy with.

Because I'm not good at describing this sort of thing that well, I figured I'd sketch out how I kind of pictured the skin looking (see attachment below), based heavily on what is already existing. But I'll try to explain why I did what I did.

1) I think that it's acceptable to give her that dark hair, but if so, it should be a cooler tone to give her that signature "dark" feel that seems to be missing in the skin as is. So maybe a bluer tone like the leggings instead of that burgundy tone, I think it's a bit warm.

2) Like others said, the placement of the loops I understand are part of the style they were going for, but I'm not sure how they fit for Diana. Maybe if they were in the back instead of on top of her head? That way the look is still in place, but it is more understated instead drawing so much attention to the top of her head.

3) I think the headdress is nice, but I feel the moon brand on her forehead is very central to her identity, and by changing the hair color AND not incorporating the forehead symbol, it detracts too much from her image. So I made a smaller forehead brand that is encompassed by the headdress for some sort of compromise.

4) I do agree armor is part of her image, and since there wasn't much on Dark Valkyrie, I'd like to see it, but I also agree that it would be nice to see her in something flowy. So, like was suggested, maybe add armor wrist guards and shin guards, and maybe create an armor chestpiece under the flowy cloth for a happy medium (as for the detailing on the guards...Well, I'm not sure, so I just based it on the top of the original design).

5) THE BIGGEST THING: Please, please, please give her the eye markings. If I remember correctly, they are scars, yes? Removing them is like removing Katarina's scar. It's by far her most defining feature and I don't believe it is one that should ever be removed. If nothing else, please at least include the eye markings. It's an easy fix, so I really hope the design team will pull through on this!

As for everything else, I think it's pretty good. Not sure how I feel about her being in a skirt over pants, buuuut...I'm going to pick my battles and leave that one alone. lol.
welp it was a matter of time when you come here and share your thoughts about this skin ;p

your change for boots look very nice same goes for attempt to make her shoulder pads be less spiky. double "crescent moon" on her forehead... ugh no please either original mark or moon from headdress but not both same time.
Changing position of that hair loop is a nice touch but I still think that it would look much much better without it and those ribbons: the more details is added to hair to weired the hair look in game so giving her loose hair is a best thing imho...
shoulder pads or/and bracers maybe also should be blue because atm only her shoes are blue. White is more dominant, then is purple, then gold and last is blue visible only on her shoes.
all my NOPE for puffy/baggy sleeves... you guys want Asian/Chinese clothing not Arabian/djinn/genies ... keep bracers but puffy/baggy sleeves totally must be changed into bell bottom sleeves [1] [2] [3]

based on how IronStylus likes armored girls I'm afraid that he will listen to few people and he will hide her chest&thighs and this makes very sad T_T I feel that this won't be top selling skin.
maybe just give her loooong kimono so it can hide her body completely and she will look as your dream mythical Asian goddesses if you guys have problem with just Diana skins (because other females, showing body or half naked are ok right?) that shows her naked/bare body part here and there = problem solved >.>